Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Pixel Utility

Vfere863

made a pixel tree in minutes fantastic work 

but when i go to add a second pixel tree or matrix it crahes and i can seem to add a second prop 

any ideas 

my tree is 16 x 50 pixels

my matrix is 16x50 pixels 

yep your right there ive had to make 4 visulizer files 

1 for matrix 

1 for mega tree

1 for 360 pixel tree

1 for house and window surrounds 

• 3 weeks later...

Having trouble getting this running. I've got windows 8, direct x install says I have the latest version.  I installed the 64 bit version of slimDX and then Smart Pixel System.  I get the error "Direct3DX 9 was not found. please install the latest DirectX end-user redistributable package from Microsoft"

I'm trying to create a 12 strand flat mega tree, pixel 1 at the top and 50 pixels per strand.

EDIT: Foolish me installed the 64 bit version because I have a 64 bit OS.  The directions say to use the x86 version so I did that and fixed my own problem :)

Edited by khawes

• 2 weeks later...

Newbie at trying to create RGB-based props & fixtures. I just downloaded the smart pixel system and it seems very straightforward. I just built four arches that I plan to drop into visualizer. Anyway, my question is--what do I do when I have a prop with RGBs in more than one universe? Also, is there a way to have an arch with more than 50 pixels? My arches have about 100 pixels each. Maybe I have to build "two pieces" to each arch using smart pixel system?? Thanks very much in advance!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi khawes,

I forgot to say on the SLIMDX install that you need to download the x86 version. Try re-getting the SLIMDXX and see if that does the job.

Thanks,

Victor

• 3 weeks later...

Newbie at trying to create RGB-based props & fixtures. I just downloaded the smart pixel system and it seems very straightforward. I just built four arches that I plan to drop into visualizer. Anyway, my question is--what do I do when I have a prop with RGBs in more than one universe? Also, is there a way to have an arch with more than 50 pixels? My arches have about 100 pixels each. Maybe I have to build "two pieces" to each arch using smart pixel system?? Thanks very much in advance!!!

Same question - is there a way to create more than 50 pixels per string?

• 2 months later...

Just downloaded this and have some problems.  It's only allowing me to create a "line" element with 50 pixels?  I have a line of pixels on the front of my roof that is 80 pixels.  Also using the window element, I cannot specify a 0 for the bottom to make a door outline.  

Anyway to get around the 50 pixel restriction and what would be the best method for drawing a door outline with 21 pixels on the sides and 12 pixels on top.

Thanks,

Larry

Same question - is there a way to create more than 50 pixels per string?

I just saw this after I posted my same issue.  

Love the direction this is going. I just hope people like you who are willing to write these utilities will help LOR see the light. (Pun intended). When smart pixels became available S3 basically became a dinosaur. Hopefully it will be seriously updated to handle massive props, fixtures and channel loads.

• Like 1

Great software.  Used version 1.0.0.0 to create a bunch of my props for this past year.  when using the E1.31 pixels I was able to create my props as a single prop.  Even though only the first 64 fixtures show up in the list, it does display more of them and controls them fine. You just cant edit them in Visualizer if they have more then 64 fixtures.

Enhancement Request:

1) Ability to use more than 24 strings

2) Ability to use more than 50 pixels per strand

3) Add the Strings and Strands to the Matrix models, and maybe add the location of the controller so you can create a Matrix that uses say 4 strings, each string creating 4 rows or strands, and the #1 pixel could be either the top left, or bottom left

I would love to use this however i cant seem to open it. When i do, i get this.........."Direct3DX was not found..Please install the latest Directx end user redistributable package from microsoft"

I just down loaded DirectX software kit june 2006.

I got it figured out. I just wish you could export the channel lost from visualizer to the sequencer in LOR. Gonna take me forever to make the list for the tree.

I like where this was going.  Is there going to be further updates?  It really would reduce the workload in making effects if we can export them direct to the SE.

Hi Everyone,

I hope everybody had a fantastic holiday. To start off with I would like to thank everyone for the feedback they have given on my first utility. It has come in handy for the current utility I am working on.

I am here to give you all a first look at the RGB Studio system. This is my latest effort in trying to make and sequence these large models that we can now produce. I have created an initial demo of the system and would like to get some feedback on what the system does.

Here is the link to the demo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gbv1hrw53to1tq/RGBStudioDemo.mp4

As I mention in the video this is a very first look and a very rough cut of the system. I will be publishing a beta shortly as soon as I work out a couple of more glitches.

Anyway, enjoy the video and let me know what you think. I will be monitoring the forum so feel free to send in your comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

Victor

Looking good. Let me know when you get the beta out and I'll put it through the paces again. Thanks for the work you put into this to help us all out.

Ron

Hi All,

I am going to release RGB Studio Beta 1 to allow all of you to put it thru its paces. Now it is a BETA and there are known problems with it but for the most part it does work. Here is some additional information about what has just been implemented.

• Number of Pixels has a max value of 100.
  • Pixels per String has a max value of 300.
  • NEW - Starting node position.

I have also been working on the sequence grid along with correcting the button states in certain areas. These areas are still a work in progress.

There is currently no installer for this system but if you download the zip file from the link provided and then unzip it to an empty folder and run the executable the system should work for you. You will need the .NET 4.0 FULL Framework installed. If you don't have it use your favorite search engine and look for the download that installs it. Please make sure you get if from Microsoft's site.

Here is the link to the RGB Studio BETA:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocamdq72j9h5vzo/RGBStudioBeta1.zip

Please let me know of any issues and also please enjoy the software.

Thanks,

Victor

Edited by Vfere863
  • Like 1

Is there any more video on using the sequencer?  The one that I saw from your drop box seems to end jsut as you a starting to show how to use the sequencer.

Please keep up the good work on this project.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I need to look at why the video is stopping. What I can suggest is that you download the video and watch it thru Media player or some other video player. I did this and I was able to see the full video.

I will try and put together another one once I figure out what happened.

Thank,

Victor

Hi All,

I just updated the beta system. The link should be the same and I am now incrementing the version numbers for tracking. This version is 1.0.1.0.

I added some more nutcracker effects and also continued to work on the sequence grid. The grid now has a context menu, just select an item then right click it and the menu should appear.

Along with that as I mentioned I have been working with the grid and selecting times. There is still work to be done but I believe it is performing better now.

Anyway, let me know your comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

Victor