Light-O-Rama Forums

New Spiral and Shock Wave Effects

BrianBruderer

Brian:

Well you be adding any demos for Shock Wave in the clipboard or samples?

I played with it a little last night after upgrading to 3.10.6 and was pretty interesting, but can't figure out how to do some of the things you did in your video.

Thanks

Brian,

I agree with indi's post. I need a little help with the spiral and shockwave tools. I'm pretty good and have figured out the image action. I can tell these are similar. I would like to do some of the effects that were in your video at 50 seconds. I haven't figured it out. I'm sure it is more than 1 or 2 actions. Some type of a demo or tutorial would be very helpful. I know you are very busy this time of year, but any help would be appreciated.

Melvin.

In the "Spiral and Shock Wave Effects" video on youtube, at 50 seconds it is doing a series of spiral effects. At the time I did the video I did not have "Fan" and I created it manually with a series of spiral effects. I created "Fan" to make it easy to do similar effects. To me, the effects look like blades of a fan spinning, Fan uses a series of spiral effect to do the "Fan." The first things you could experiment with in Fan is to change "Revolutions Per Second" and the "Nbr of Colors". Try changing all the other settings as well and you can get some very interesting patterns.

Thanks Brian, I've been playing with the new effects (Shock wave), but I still haven't figured out how you got your example to spin at the center of your tree. I've been having fun playing with this new addition to SuperStar. If I can't figure out how to make it spin, it's O.K. There is a lot of cool stuff to use. 

Thanks again for this addition.

• 4 months later...

Anyone having issues with Superstar Shock Wave effects?

I have some programmed in a sequence and they don't seem to get to the cosmic color pixels strings correctly.

All other types of effects seem to work fine.

Thanks.

The only problem I experience with shockwave is if I make the Start width or End width large. They default to 3, if you change them to something like 6 or more then they look fine on the computer screen, but it is difficult to get dim colors on CCRs. So when the shockwave gets "spread thin" and it tries to get dim colors for the tapering part of the shockwave it can't get the color as dim as it is on the computer screen.

The other problem that can happen is if it is a very fast shockwave, then it can lag. If you use the new 500K network speed that can help. What network speed are you running?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, 32 CCRs, that's a lot. It would look fantastic on 32 CCRs. Again, you could have problems with lag. You should run at 500K and have more than one network. How many networks do you have?