Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing Contest!

George Simmons

They love us, and I think that's an understatement, I was talking to one of the members of TSO a few months ago and mentioned that I'm a sequencer and we were talking about how on some of their new songs they consider, "what would this song look like in lights" so they do consider us to be an important part of their success

And in 2011 TSO did a contest for all local synchronizers to submit their video to TSO in each city they did a concert in and that person won a trip to Chicago for the last show of the TSO tour for a meet-and-greet and back stage passes and other swag, I wasn't able to enter since I work for the "business"

Edited by PMC

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PMC

• TonyD

• Brian Mitchell

• George Simmons

While us judges are figuring out how we get to keep all the prizes without pissing anyone off, here is my ineligible non-entry to the contest.

Nice! I totally missed the "black to white" opportunity....

I was hoping you guys would show us how the Masters do it.

Edited by TonyD

Brian,  your version was really enjoyable to watch !!   Very creative and well thought out.  I'm glad and thankful you shared your masterful work with us all. 

Peoples,  Brian setting the standard high.  His wisdom and knowledge is definitely evident.

And the Winners of this no named contest of sequencing goes to.....

Veterans Category:

First Place: V3 =  Geoff Harvey

Second Place: V1 = Ben Aromin

Newbie Category:

First Place: N7 = Tony Damon

Second Place: N6 = Matt Ross

The first place winners of each division can pick their prize:

$50.00 LOR Gift Certificate

or

The TSO Autographed Canvas

And the Second Place Winners gets the runner up gift

All winners please email me at lorcontest@neatlights.com

First place winners please specify your choice of prize in the email

And I will reply to the winners of the TSO Posters with shipping and tracking information

Thanks for entering, It was great to see all your handy work, Good Lord willing hopefully we can do this again next year

And thanks to The Judges:

Brian and George, who spend much of their free time reviewing/dissecting each sequence and coming up with the winners

I think Brian is working on posting the winning videos so we all can see, he can confirm this

Congrats to all the winners and runners-up and also to those who braved the challenge of this intricate contest.  I for one am proud to have participated and look forward to the next contest.

Thanks goes out to the judges for their hard work and efforts to organize this 'just 4 fun' contest.  Their dedication to our hobby is undoubtedly profound.

Thanks also to Dan for the gift certificates. and TSO for the posters.

I am so interested in viewing the others videos.  How about a scoring brake down of each the categories for the entries?

Wow i am really surprised and thrilled at the same time!

Thanks and congrats to everyone who entered, i look forward to seeing all the videos if possible.

Thanks to Brian, George, and Paul for organizing and judging; and to Paul and Don for donating the prizes.

I have to print this out and make sure my wife see's it!

I can help out Brian by posting my version of the sequence for all to view.   Ask any questions and/or give any critiques if you wish.

TonyD -   You live close enough to me, I'm out in Fairfield.   I'd like to offer any help to you for your display / lightshow leading up to this season.  I've mentored four other displays / lightshows in my local area with great success. 
Even though the forums has an infinite amount of information, sometimes its better discussing issues and working things out in person with another enthusist.

Wow!  After seeing the skills of Brian's non-entry I am shocked I even made it on the board with such talent out there.  I had great fun participating in the contest this year, next year when I'm in the veteran category, wow... um gonna need a month or so to sequence just to look decent.  Thanks again for all of those who put on the contest and contributed.  It was a hoot, despite the stress and frustration. 

Now the waiting... what will TonyD pick... what will he pick?  Where'd that Jeopardy post go....

-RainyOregonChristmas

Wow i am really surprised and thrilled at the same time!

Thanks and congrats to everyone who entered, i look forward to seeing all the videos if possible.

Thanks to Brian, George, and Paul for organizing and judging; and to Paul and Don for donating the prizes.

I second all the above comments and am equally surprised at being selected a winner.

After a bit of experimenting, I have managed to do some sort of screen capture of the animation window.

I also tried uploading the sequence file to the forums, but it prooved to be too big even when zipped. If anybody is interested, PM you email address and I will forward the zipped lms file.

Animation window video

3 of the winners got emails from me, and 1 person (Geoff) got a PM using LOR's messaging system, if you didn't receive a message from me, email me

Edited by PMC

Sorry I meant Dan not Don!

TonyD -   You live close enough to me, I'm out in Fairfield.   I'd like to offer any help to you for your display / lightshow leading up to this season.  I've mentored four other displays / lightshows in my local area with great success. 

Even though the forums has an infinite amount of information, sometimes its better discussing issues and working things out in person with another enthusist.

Thanks I would appreciate that very much! It's been hard enough for me to get my static display up each year (10,000 lights this year) so thinking about all that has to be done for an animated display is kinda freaking me out at the moment.

Thanks I would appreciate that very much! It's been hard enough for me to get my static display up each year (10,000 lights this year) so thinking about all that has to be done for an animated display is kinda freaking me out at the moment.

Have you thought about attending a Mini?  There are several people that make the journey from California all the way up North to Lacey Washington for the 2012 PacNW Regional CLAP Meeting.   I know that Magish01 has posted he's making the journey.  It's a great way to connect with others and get some support.  I went last year, and am going again this year.  Just a thought.  Congrats on winning, it was great that us West Coast newbie sequencers could sweep our category. 

As far as setup, don't worry, as long as you start setting up the day Nov. 1st you should have the kinks worked out by Thanksgiving... maybe.

-RainyOregonChristmas