Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing Contest!

George Simmons

I have all entrants submitted to the Judges.

Remember I am the only Judge who knows who you are, George and Brian only know you as your contest Identifier like N1 or V1, everybody who entered should have received a reply email from me giving you your entry number

Edited by PMC

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PMC

• TonyD

• Brian Mitchell

• George Simmons

Brian, That would have been a great song to sequence also

But,,,, I think this song would a worked too...10-4 ;) , but, many of you have sequenced many songs from the musical group on this song, you know them as Mannheim Steamroller

Edited by PMC

sure,

4 Veterans

6 Newbies

I'm very pleased with the turnout

I mean actually, people found time to enter a contest that was supposed to have no prizes and it just for fun, Brian got Dan from LOR to donate, Which I am very grateful for and I got TSO to donate a few posters which I think are all great prizes, between Dan and TSO we ended up with a nice contest, I think we could do this every year and I would be happy to do what i can to get more prizes

Edited by PMC

looks like the deadline has passed,good luck to all entrants.I look forward to see what folks came up with.

I just sent mine. I went to read the first post on how we were supposed to submit and realized it was supposed to be by EST. I'm on the west coast and was working right up to the last minute. If I cannot be in the contest I would at least appreciate feedback! Thanks!!

I just sent mine. I went to read the first post on how we were supposed to submit and realized it was supposed to be by EST. I'm on the west coast and was working right up to the last minute. If I cannot be in the contest I would at least appreciate feedback! Thanks!!

your entered, and thanks

Sorry,

I didn get around to finishing mine.

My grandmother passed away this past week and I haven't had time to do it.

But I can't wait to see the results!

I'm Sorry to hear that Sheldon, On a little side note, I'm sorry your Grand Mother wasn't going to be able to see what your going to do this Christmas, I'm sure she loved Christmas as much as you do.  My Father loved decorating for Christmas and he passed away quickly in May 2007 and my first computerized light show was in November 2007, I was going to surprise him with it, but I have a feeling he was still surprised

Edited by PMC

I'm Sorry to hear that Sheldon, On a little side note, I'm sorry your Grand Mother wasn't going to be able to see what your going to do this Christmas, I'm sure she loved Christmas as much as you do. My Father loved decorating for Christmas and he passed away quickly in May 2007 and my first computerized light show was in November 2007, I was going to surprise him with it, but I have a feeling he was still surprised

Yea,

She loved music just as much as I do if not more. And me combing the to together she would of loved. But I'm sure she'll be watching from above

Sheldon,

You rock buddy.. Its all in your hands to win this contest so go for it and make us all proud.. I for one an not any good at sequencing but looks like I will learn a little this year. Good luck to all that are in the contest.

Jeff

Anyone else still have black and white echoing in their head... Or is that just the crickets chirping in forum land today?

Echoing???? echoing......echoing.....

I'd just like to say that while judging each of the 10 entries, I'm watching every sequence at least 5 or 6 times through, looking at the different elements.

Brian, just looked at your website....  Hummm.... something seems familiar, I think I've seen your house before.

Edited by rainyoregonchristmas

Well, since Brian has seen fit to disperse the inner workings of his process, it's only fair that I do the same...

What I did was I initially set up various scores ranging from 29 - 57, and then as I watch the first eight seconds of each sequence, I'd indiscriminately assign it one of those scores.  That way I make no disparagement of a person's actual sequencing ability, nor do I actually even need to view each sequence in it's entirety.  My process is certainly quicker than Brians, having taken me less than five minutes to judge all the sequences. 

And then, to make doubly sure that there's no bias, I changed all the sequence ID numbers and randomly ranked them on a list. Then, I gave sequences in the top half of the list seven extra points, and for the rest I deducted eleven points from each score.  That assured there would be no ties.  Then I fed all the date into the LOR randomizer (a feature of the Advanced software level that most people have never even heard of before) and came up with all the final scores.

All in all, it seems like a much simpler process than actually having to watch each and every sequence, and it has the added virtue of eliminating the need for me to have to wash my eyes out with soap between the viewing of each submitted sequence.

How many of you just did a search for  LOR randomizer (a feature of the Advanced software level that most people have never even heard of before, and don't lie cause I know you did!

Now why didn't I.....love is so strange...love is so strange....love is so strange.....day to night...............think of that method.   I might have kept......love is so strange....love is so strange....my sanity.