Light-O-Rama Forums

Seasonal Entertainment C9 Dumb RGB String

TheUltimate

I'm looking for C9 Dumb RGB nodes for 2013 and was wondering if anyone has had experience with the seasonal entertainment offering. They are doing presale on these so I can't get a single string to test. Any thoughts/experience would be greatly appreciated.

I will just jump in here really quick.

Last year our C9 strings were a flop...and we will admit it. They were extremely popular and plenty were purchased, they were just a horrible design. So, we started over. We found a supplier that worked with us for a few months and designed these from the ground up for us. There is no glue used on them at all. We found that moisture would still get in and build up pressure inside the lens, which would in turn cause them to pop off...no good. These new lights have weeping holes so even if there is condenstation it will just excape out of the weeping holes. This is the same way most LED bulbs are made. All the components, whether you are buying pixels or nodes, are fully sealed in epoxy, including the LED, so they are 100% waterproof. Our sample strings have been outside since we got them at the end of December with no issues and the teamperature here in New Jersey has gone from snow to rain to hot to cold, so they will stand up.

Greg

So that's why they kept popping off. I thought I just got a bad glue job. Pixels were great. I just re-sealed them with hot glue and had no more problems. Good to know the lens problem is solved.

Greg, thanks for the heads up! I think I'll be using 5 strings of the dumb RGB for me roof this year. I'll order one pre-sale to play with but will have to hold off on the others until later when I have more budget to work with.