Light-O-Rama Forums

Papagayo.. How are you using it?

Box on Rails

First thins first....Thank you BobO.......I just finished using Papagayo for the first time to sequence the Spongebob song Don't Be a Jerk. WOW what a time saver. I sequenced the first spoken words in the song word by word and it took me about 3 hours to do just that part. I then figured out the Papayago program and the rest of the song only took a little under 2 hours. I have to give a big thank you to ItsMeBobO for his translator program and tutorial videos. Without the translator it would of taken me so much longer to finish the song. If you are using any 8 channel faces in your display and you enjoy sequencing like me you have got to get Papagayo and translator. I may be late getting on the band wagon here but I feel I have found the holy grail sequencing tools. Once again Thanks BobO for all you've done. http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

One thing that has helped is I am using Sony Sound Forge to chop up the wav file into smaller sections of the song. it seems to help. I tried loading the whole wav file and the problem I had was every time I hit the play button in papayago to test the song you have to wait for the whole song to play. so if your working on the second verse of a song you must listen to all of the song. that takes to much time. so I chop up the song into smaller sentences. Then sequence the first verse and the translate it and paste it to LOR sequence and repeat.

How do you use Papagayo?

Double click the word or phase to hear just that part.

This program could be improved with the help of a Python programmer. Anyone want to take on that task? I know some mildly interested but we would have to pay him. Can we raise $300-500 for this?

This program could be improved with the help of a Python programmer. Anyone want to take on that task? I know some mildly interested but we would have to pay him. Can we raise $300-500 for this?

I would be interested on contributing to have some updating. Let me know if you can get a few more interested.

And again thanks to you Bob for your great stuff.

That is just the tool I was looking for. Once again thanks.

If you havn't Bob did a video on how to use Papagayo. I found that it is easier to do very small segments of the song at a time (I usally do only one or two phrases at a time). Be sure to set your beginning and ending section BEFORE adjusting any of the movements.

If you havn't Bob did a video on how to use Papagayo. I found that it is easier to do very small segments of the song at a time (I usally do only one or two phrases at a time). Be sure to set your beginning and ending section BEFORE adjusting any of the movements.

I do small sections too. the last song I completed was Kidnap the Sandy Klaws by Korn and I cut the 3 and a half minute song into 8 clips and each clip had roughly 6 to 12 phrases. I set each phrase backwards last phrase first. then when each phrase is set i set each word working forwards. seems to work for me but I have only about 5 full hours of work so far using Papagayo so I still have a lot to learn. I have bob's Vid and watched it once and picked up a lot. I guess it's time to watch it again and pick up some more tips. I am one of those people that browse quickly through the instructions and do much better hands on. I got real frustrated at first when I tried to set the words before the phrases. that's when I found Bob's vids. I am thinking of making a Pumpkin that uses 10 channels on the mouth so I can duplicate all 10 positions the Papagayo uses. I have 4 Coro trees for Christmas and then I was thinking of useing the 12 channel pumpkin along with two 8 channel pumkins for Halloween 2013 which will be my first Halloween show. thanks jerrymac.

Many have their own way.

I use the tapper wizzard and set a timing at each syllable in the sequence. I expand the lor screen and fine tune the timing mark with the wave form (slow down to 1/2 speed and make sure each of the timings matchs each syllable).

I only do one phrase at a time in Papagayo and set each at the correct timing.

Import and I use the timing marks I made for each syllable to line up the import and fine tune.

then go on to the nect phrase.

(I download a complete lyric of the song in advance and set the song time marks on the lyric listing (as a guide).

A lot of steps but actually makes the movements right on the mark.

I bet the end result is perfect. I did notice the more phases I have in a clip the more chance that portions of it don't line up just right towards the end of the clip. I never thought of half speeding it to check the match up with the wave form. excellent. I will try some of this latter today when I start the Mr. Grinch song.

Hi this question is for itsmeBoBo tryed to download your Papagayo program but can"t seem to open any files also can"t find the holiday coro singing trees need some help Thanks Dennis Laff

Hi this question is for itsmeBoBo tryed to download your Papagayo program but can"t seem to open any files also can"t find the holiday coro singing trees need some help Thanks Dennis Laff

http://www.holidayco...Trees-p/100.htm

this is the link to the trees.

ItsMeBobO, where did you get your version of Papagayo you are using in your video(great video by the way)? I noticed it is version 1.3.5.3. The version listed on the website is 1.2.

bobo, do I need a special program to open this file? Can't seem to get it open. IF I can get it open and to work, I'll contribute to the cause for python programming

Thanks Bobo the jpeg files for christmas tree mouths is what i needed .let me know how to donate for the program thanks again Dennis Laff .

bobo, do I need a special program to open this file? Can't seem to get it open. IF I can get it open and to work, I'll contribute to the cause for python programming

Are rar file is a type of compressed file like a zip. This tool is free and works well. http://7-zip.todownload.com/

Are rar file is a type of compressed file like a zip. This tool is free and works well. http://7-zip.todownload.com/

Thanks BobO I'll give that a try tonite when I get home, I tried some other zip download tool last night but it didn't work, so I'll try this one tonite.

I love and hate Papagayo. It's very glitch but you gave me some good ideas reading these forums. I was told some people may have. dat files that they could exchange as well. I have a few projects and a couple extra songs I don't have would be awesome. I mostly do projection animation for them.