Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB in Sequence Editor ?

thevikester

If you are going to add some Ray WU RGB smart strips and pixel nodes, when building those channels into the sequence editor, given they are similar to LOR CCR's and CCB's, and with the use of E1.31 protocol, can you use Cosmic Color Device or do you need to use RGB/Non CCD. I know seems basic, but its not clear in the manual and I searched the forums for an hour, Thanks for the help

You want to add a device, then add a dmx universe. Add 3 times as many channels as you have pixels. After this right click on the first DMX channel you add and pick convert to rgb channel. Click the box do this for the following many channels and key in the number of pixels you have. Hope that helps a little bit.

My understanding is you need to use the DMX device to actually control the lights. You can add a CC Device to make it easier to see in the visualizer, but that entails creating extra channels in the SE. Once you're satisfied with the sequence, copy and paste it into your Universes and then delete the CC Device from your sequence. If you're just using, say, 1 or 2 universes of pixels, you'll be able to actually build the prop in the Vis. Be warned though, it's a lot of time in front of the PC as you'll have to do them 1 bulb at a time.

Again, this is my understanding. It's what I'm doing. I'm sure someone will chime in with an easier way.

Adding the channels is easy for the universe in DMX and RGB. In sequence editor above or below any channel right click and add device. You will add a DMX device, choose your channels, and your universe. Now you have your universe, remember each pixel is 3 channels. So if you have a universe that you are only using say 150 pixels (150x3=450 DMX channels) Now right click on the first channel in that DMX device universe and choose convert to RGB channel. In that dialog box on the bottom there will be a check box Also dothis for the following channels . . . Create how many RGB channels, type in the full 150 for your total 150 pixels! Tada thats done, group them. If you got this far and cant create a group too bad.

Moving on to the visualizer, when setting up pixels that are not CCR or CCBs you do have to create each pixel 1 at a time! What a snore fest and it will wear you out, it did me. The bes thing to do is create props, or import props from here!

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/15271-official-s3-lor-visualizer-props-and-fixtures-attachments/

Then you just copy paste, change the channels for those props and enjoy.

You want to add a device, then add a dmx universe. Add 3 times as many channels as you have pixels. After this right click on the first DMX channel you add and pick convert to rgb channel. Click the box do this for the following many channels and key in the number of pixels you have. Hope that helps a little bit.

Doug, so then for each ribbon or string, its on its own universe as far as the sequence editor, or given its only 12 strings, can I keep them in the same universe?? And yes, your advice made total sense...added the first ribbon, but don't want to add more until I understand the universe question. Thanks again

Adding the channels is easy for the universe in DMX and RGB. In sequence editor above or below any channel right click and add device. You will add a DMX device, choose your channels, and your universe. Now you have your universe, remember each pixel is 3 channels. So if you have a universe that you are only using say 150 pixels (150x3=450 DMX channels) Now right click on the first channel in that DMX device universe and choose convert to RGB channel. In that dialog box on the bottom there will be a check box Also dothis for the following channels . . . Create how many RGB channels, type in the full 150 for your total 150 pixels! Tada thats done, group them. If you got this far and cant create a group too bad.

Moving on to the visualizer, when setting up pixels that are not CCR or CCBs you do have to create each pixel 1 at a time! What a snore fest and it will wear you out, it did me. The bes thing to do is create props, or import props from here!

http://forums.lighto...es-attachments/

http://forums.lighto...es-attachments/

onDMX universe, its increments of 16, i'm guessing do as close as you can channel wise and add or delete channels as necessary?

That is 100% correct, if you dont fill a universe completly, just remove the channels you will not be using.

Also to answer your question set to Doug, you can run as many strips together, as long as you do not go over 170 pixels in total for a universe. You can add or subtract pixels to the string as you want, you have them 20 long or 160 long or anything you want as long as its within the 170 pixel per universe perameter. Hope that makes sense. I have a few universes where they are not maxed out, this was to adapt to my house as easy as possible.

Ok, I was thinking that was the case, so 12 strips with 50 pixels per strip, I created 4 universes...thanks for your help with this!

Ok, I was thinking that was the case, so 12 strips with 50 pixels per strip, I created 4 universes...thanks for your help with this!

You would add 450 channels to each of the first 4 universes. Sounds like you are on track.

• Like 1

your welcome. Anything else just let us know!

Also where is Sorrento

your welcome. Anything else just let us know!

Also where is Sorrento

Sorrento is East of Eustis and west of Sanford...horse country. About 30 miles north of Orlando, I work in the Villages so I;m not terribly far from Spring Hill

Good to know, if you need help on the assembly, although 10 months away let me know. I had good luck with pixels this year.

Good to know, if you need help on the assembly, although 10 months away let me know. I had good luck with pixels this year.

Sweet deal!!Thank you for the offer, and if I had to guess, I'll be taking you up on the offer. I've got my list of thing I'm ordering from Ray put together and doing that end of the month. I have a 2k order for CDI, so my xmas funds for another 1.5k from Ray have to wait a few weeks until payday.

I took out a deer with my car so Im set back a month or two. My order this year will be a decent one with my Mega tree going up. 24x85 should do the trick nicely.

24 Strings by 85 pixels/nodes? I was unaware you could order that long...or are you doing some soldering and splicing?

Hit a deer huh, coming from Minnesota, that happened alot, to my wife in fact. Hope everyone in the car was okay?

Car is in the shop. New Bumper and all the cooling systems got jacked up. Im fine with the only injury being my pride as I drive around a rental instead of my car.

Lots of splicing and soldering. 100% of my strings from last year required soldering so Im no stranger to it. Each string will be 170 pixels total length. So 85 up the tree 85 back down the tree to take up a full universe. So a total of 12 universes for my tree.

does the color control stay solid on runs that long or do you have a booster in the middle of the string? This is me reading lots and lots and trying to sound smart in regards to this, but seems like a logical question

I run power injection to keep the color from changing or fading. 12v holds color over longer distances than 5v. If you run 2 strips end to end without power injection you will see the lights at the furthest point either fade or change colors.