Light-O-Rama Forums

Whole House FM Transmitter

Carolyn

I am new to using lightorama and with transmitters. I bought this transmitter in November and was happy it was no trouble hooking up and running only to find out tonight it aint transmitting now....any suggestions to what might be wrong. I rechecked everything to see if it was like I had it...it was...my songs are not heard at all now but transmitter is showing to be on....Thanks for any help.....

On mine, the USB plug is coming loose. It works at first but then comes loose just sitting on the ground. I only have it as a back up, but since one of my linkers when out, I'm on my back up plan now. Running on the mini director and WHT.

I used electrical tape to hold it tight. Thank goodness the season is over now.

Edited by David Rise

The cables are all hooked up and nothing is muted...still no service like the beginning of the season...I am thinking I need a stronger transmitter..I had a strong signal and now you can barely hear if any. Any suggestions on a different transmitter for next year cause I don't think this one works.

I am new to using lightorama and with transmitters. I bought this transmitter in November and was happy it was no trouble hooking up and running only to find out tonight it aint transmitting now....any suggestions to what might be wrong. I rechecked everything to see if it was like I had it...it was...my songs are not heard at all now but transmitter is showing to be on....Thanks for any help.....

Well, based on the WHT's track record you now have a brand new paperweight...

If you search a bit, you'll find the WHT doesn't exactly get many gold medals for performance. There are much better options, one of them already listed in this thread.

Edited by GaryM

I use two WHT at two different locations for the few years with no problems after my learning curve and my S.I.L. at a third location. If not working yet, one thing not addressed, maybe a long shot, see if your antenna is in one piece and hooked up to your WHT, An animal may have damaged it. Paperwork that should have came with all of our transmitters, EDM, WHT, etc. They are low powered for a reason, no FCC license required.

Check the batteries. Get a cheap dipole antenna from radio shack.

Or - save yourself some aggravation by not having to replace it when it rusts and get yourself a j-pole antenna right from the start and enjoy broadcast-quality sound.

I know of at least four (4) of the new LOR users and one (1) doing his second year in my town this year were using the WHT. Two (2) were very successful, the other three (3) where complete garbage.

I don't know what the difference was but IMPO having a junky radio transmitter drives away people from not only the display it is at, but also others because they think ALL displays running like that will sound like junk.

Or - save yourself some aggravation by not having to replace it when it rusts and get yourself a j-pole antenna right from the start and enjoy broadcast-quality sound.

It is plastic coated, I just put it up an exterior wall inside of the house with thumb tacks. No problem at all with sound reaches right where I need it to and I am pretty far from the road: http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg317/FunPix4U/Other%20stuff/Christmas%202012/

I always refered to this as the. Not whole house non FM transmitter. I got one in the past and I was unhappy with it.

• 5 months later...

Where is a great place to buy the fm transmitter and what brand is best i want to do it right the first time!!