Light-O-Rama Forums

How to control RGB Leds with LOR

Mdl

yes the strips are good but the control module starts up slowly. in order to run these from LOR i use a LOR DC controller. that will allow you to control the color as well. You can buy the strips without the controller quite a bit cheaper

Mike

yes the strips are good but the control module starts up slowly. in order to run these from LOR i use a LOR DC controller. that will allow you to control the color as well. You can buy the strips without the controller quite a bit cheaper

Mike

So I found the LOR DC controlled on the website.... Couple more newbie questions:

1 does each channel on the DC control need a channel on the LOR CTB16-PC controller?

2. How do your actually control the color in the software? I pulled up the sequence editor and didn't see any choices that looked like they might work to vary DC voltage (or however you actually create the colors)...

The DC controller is a stand alone controller just like the CTB16-PC. The DC controller talks with the PC just like the AC controller does. Difference is that you will need a 12VDC power supply. And this power supply, supplies power to the controller so it will work, and at the same time supply power for the LED strips.

You need to read and learn more about doing RGB in the sequence editor. I have only played with this once a few months back. But I believe you make a channel and then in one of the drop downs or right clicking that channel you tell it, you want it to be a RGB channel. Anyway do some research in the help files on RGB.

The DC controller is a stand alone controller just like the CTB16-PC. The DC controller talks with the PC just like the AC controller does. Difference is that you will need a 12VDC power supply. And this power supply, supplies power to the controller so it will work, and at the same time supply power for the LED strips.

You need to read and learn more about doing RGB in the sequence editor. I have only played with this once a few months back. But I believe you make a channel and then in one of the drop downs or right clicking that channel you tell it, you want it to be a RGB channel. Anyway do some research in the help files on RGB.

MP is right on the controller and power issue.

On the sequencing issue, you treat it like a normal strand of lights per color.

You have three colors, R G & B. So you treat each color of the RGB as independent light strands. Nothing changes with RGB when it comes to sequencing. Fades up or down, twinkle, shimmer... they all work the same as regular light strings. Think of it as three seperate light strands on one strip.

In my experience, if you want white from the three colors, power them all to 100% on. At least that's what I do.