Light-O-Rama Forums

My 2012 Videos pixels everywhere lol

harrison0550

WHAT?! Are you telling me you read the manual? Grrrrrr, men aren't supposed to read directions. Case in point: I spent 30 mins yesterday trying to put together an Elefun only to have my wife look at the directions for 30 seconds, took it away from me and put it together in 2 seconds. :o Stupid directions always making me look bad!

Women can do that to ya anytime they want. They choose to let us look stupid till they are satisfied and then fix the problem.

Thanks!

I forgot all about my sig. I had initial plans to swap my weber tree out for a pixel tree and sequence it with Seans Nutcracker but time ran out. I ended up keeping the weber though and holding off on the pixel tree until next year, so 10,000 is most likely to be a huge overshot compared to what I actually sequenced. I have a total of 28 DMX universes on controllers mounted outside now that comes out to 14366 available DMX channels plus 96 LOR channels but I didnt max out any of those controllers and 10 of those universes weren't even used because of holding off on the pixel mega tree. So yea I'm pretty sure that 10,000 in my signature is incorrect. I haven't actually counted each channel and added it all up yet. Will try to actually count them once the show ends but honestly I probably never will. Best guess is probably 4,000 actual used channels this year so I'll change it to 4,000.

:unsure:

No problem, and pretty cool set up! That is still a large amount of channels IMO :P Next year, which will be my first year using LOR, I'll probably just have 16 channels.

I was also wondering, are the lights on your house (that look like they 'chase' each other sometimes) Cosmic Color Ribbons or something else?

I have a bunch of pixel questions could you direct me to the proper place to ask?

No problem, and pretty cool set up! That is still a large amount of channels IMO :P Next year, which will be my first year using LOR, I'll probably just have 16 channels.

I was also wondering, are the lights on your house (that look like they 'chase' each other sometimes) Cosmic Color Ribbons or something else?

With you guys getting into the hobby for the first year I would highly recommend sticking with LOR products. Like the CCR or CCP's. The CCP's can be found here...... http://store.lightorama.com/cc100pisetwi.html and are pretty much the same exact lights that I used on the house, arches, etc. They werent out yet when I started putting together this years show so I had to resort to DIY products meaning no warranty and varying levels of quality control and my lights cant do certain things the CCR's and CCP's can such as macros. Mine are WS2811 pixels that you order from China, add a power supply to, and add a pixel controller to as well. They are by no means a purchase put up and sequence product. They require a fair amount of research to get them to even light up.The LOR products all come with great warranties, incredible costumer service and higher levels of quality control in their manufacturing and they just plug right into your LOR network.

Now with all that said I by no means want to deter you from the DIY world even as a newbie it has been proven many times that a newbie can put together an incredible DIY light show. The DMX, E1.31, and DIY sections here are a great place to start researching. The best place for DIY info on pixels and rgb products is gonna be the Aussie forums here...... http://www.auschristmaslighting.com/forums

At the end of the day for me time is money. The amount of time spent learning the DIY pixel world was 10 fold what it would have been buying CCP's and being done with it. Its really up to you what avenue you take, its either time in the diy world or money up front to save time in the future. I've already taken a crash course in the DIY world so I'll probably stick with it but with the products that are available now I probably wouldn't have taken that route.

Women can do that to ya anytime they want. They choose to let us look stupid till they are satisfied and then fix the problem.

I think she enjoys it! Oh well ;)

• Like 3

With you guys getting into the hobby for the first year I would highly recommend sticking with LOR products. Like the CCR or CCP's. The CCP's can be found here...... http://store.lightor...100pisetwi.html and are pretty much the same exact lights that I used on the house, arches, etc. They werent out yet when I started putting together this years show so I had to resort to DIY products meaning no warranty and varying levels of quality control and my lights cant do certain things the CCR's and CCP's can such as macros. Mine are WS2811 pixels that you order from China, add a power supply to, and add a pixel controller to as well. They are by no means a purchase put up and sequence product. They require a fair amount of research to get them to even light up.The LOR products all come with great warranties, incredible costumer service and higher levels of quality control in their manufacturing and they just plug right into your LOR network.

Now with all that said I by no means want to deter you from the DIY world even as a newbie it has been proven many times that a newbie can put together an incredible DIY light show. The DMX, E1.31, and DIY sections here are a great place to start researching. The best place for DIY info on pixels and rgb products is gonna be the Aussie forums here...... http://www.auschrist...ting.com/forums

Cant agree with this more. If you dont plan outrageous then stick with LOR products. If you want to be amibitious do not be detered by what your told you cant do, just ask those who want to see you succede.

• Like 1

Absolute fantastic job there Harrison, you really took well to sequencing with RGB lighting, I love that pop love mashup, very catchy and very well sequenced, two thumbs up with that effort.

I also agree with the previous statements made regarding LOR vs DIY, it does require a much higher level of commitment compared to that of LOR

• Like 1

With you guys getting into the hobby for the first year I would highly recommend sticking with LOR products. Like the CCR or CCP's. The CCP's can be found here...... http://store.lightor...100pisetwi.html and are pretty much the same exact lights that I used on the house, arches, etc. They werent out yet when I started putting together this years show so I had to resort to DIY products meaning no warranty and varying levels of quality control and my lights cant do certain things the CCR's and CCP's can such as macros. Mine are WS2811 pixels that you order from China, add a power supply to, and add a pixel controller to as well. They are by no means a purchase put up and sequence product. They require a fair amount of research to get them to even light up.The LOR products all come with great warranties, incredible costumer service and higher levels of quality control in their manufacturing and they just plug right into your LOR network.

Now with all that said I by no means want to deter you from the DIY world even as a newbie it has been proven many times that a newbie can put together an incredible DIY light show. The DMX, E1.31, and DIY sections here are a great place to start researching. The best place for DIY info on pixels and rgb products is gonna be the Aussie forums here...... http://www.auschrist...ting.com/forums

At the end of the day for me time is money. The amount of time spent learning the DIY pixel world was 10 fold what it would have been buying CCP's and being done with it. Its really up to you what avenue you take, its either time in the diy world or money up front to save time in the future. I've already taken a crash course in the DIY world so I'll probably stick with it but with the products that are available now I probably wouldn't have taken that route.

I think she enjoys it! Oh well ;)

Thank you for the advice! :) For my first year I don't think I will be doing any of that RGB/pixel CCR/CCP stuff as I don't have the time (and probably not the patience either) to make my own DIY CCRs/CCPs and I don't have the money to buy them.

I am really eager to get started with LOR, but I have to wait a whole year to do so. :( I just found out about LOR about a couple weeks ago (from

) and before I discovered it, I had no clue that the lights were controlled by a computer and that there was something called "Light-O-Rama" (I always have thought all those amazing light displays I had seen on YouTube were all done with those little Mr. Christmas boxes or this other box that I saw at the store one). Edited by Nathan321
  • Like 1

William: I remember folks telling you it was to late in the year to take on DIY stuff (not me). Ya I'm super glad you didnt listen to any of them. Your sequencing is spot on and the show looks great!

Nathan: the video that brought you here belongs to the #15 commenter in this thread (jstorms) cue up>>"its a small world after all" lol His walk through video is awesome and will help a lot of folks out and I love his display. Welcome to the madness!

Eddy: You da man! I couldn't of put together half of what I did without you and the guys/gals over on the Aussie forums. I almost posted all my videos over there as well. Started typing and pasting the links then closed it. I feel like such a newbie over there. Been a member for over a year and only have 11 posts lol. The forums and how to's are so robust and detailed I never have anything to add. Every question I have ever thought to ask has not only been answered over there but also has a diagram with a step by step video. I just hang out in chat sometimes waiting on an opportunity to help when I can. Great Job on those forums and your how to's!

:D

• Like 1

William: I remember folks telling you it was to late in the year to take on DIY stuff (not me). Ya I'm super glad you didnt listen to any of them. Your sequencing is spot on and the show looks great!

Nathan: the video that brought you here belongs to the #15 commenter in this thread (jstorms) cue up>>"its a small world after all" lol His walk through video is awesome and will help a lot of folks out and I love his display. Welcome to the madness!

Eddy: You da man! I couldn't of put together half of what I did without you and the guys/gals over on the Aussie forums. I almost posted all my videos over there as well. Started typing and pasting the links then closed it. I feel like such a newbie over there. Been a member for over a year and only have 11 posts lol. The forums and how to's are so robust and detailed I never have anything to add. Every question I have ever thought to ask has not only been answered over there but also has a diagram with a step by step video. I just hang out in chat sometimes waiting on an opportunity to help when I can. Great Job on those forums and your how to's!

Kind words from a genouros man.

Have to 2nd anything said here about Eddy. There are people that help in ways that make this hobby to much fun. When you ask a question that makes no sense in writting but still get an answer that actually solved the problem, those are the guys that make it possible. Eddy, Phil, Andy, LOR crew, these are the guys that made me spend the money to make it happen. I cant thank them enough, and Harrison your display dwarfed anything I expected from a 1st year pixel guy noob like me. Sets the bar high, Im going to catch you, you will see. (insert Dr Evil laugh here) Great show, cant wait to get more guys on board to do this as well.

• 1 month later...

i find myself watching your video's over and over. they are so cool and i can see that you put alot of hard work into it..

my hats off to ya.    a job well done i must say.

any way i can get a copy of your trim version on pop love 2012 ? you did a great job trimming it, you should try mashing yourself i think you would be good at it !!!

thanks for the great video's

• 2 weeks later...

THATS A BIG BUMP !!!

I LIKE  IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I UPGRADED MY SOFTWARE READY TO DO SOME DAMAGE NOW  (LMFAO)

JIM

Kind words from a genouros man.

Have to 2nd anything said here about Eddy. There are people that help in ways that make this hobby to much fun. When you ask a question that makes no sense in writting but still get an answer that actually solved the problem, those are the guys that make it possible. Eddy, Phil, Andy, LOR crew, these are the guys that made me spend the money to make it happen. I cant thank them enough, and Harrison your display dwarfed anything I expected from a 1st year pixel guy noob like me. Sets the bar high, Im going to catch you, you will see. (insert Dr Evil laugh here) Great show, cant wait to get more guys on board to do this as well.

Thanks guys for the kind words, it gives me great pleasure in seeing what you guys have achieved plus the many others that have taken on RGB in 2012 and I look forward to what people can achieve in 2013.

What i love even more is that what you have learned is now being returned back to the community by you guys being active answering threads both here and at ACL and creating videos to make the process even easier for those taking the plunge. Its guys like you that make spreading knowledge all worth while because you are now passing that on to others which in turn spreads the joy further. :D

yee eddy thanks for turning me onto to the 101 manual, that helps alot.

i look up to all of you's . guys like you's make the rest of us want to try this hobby. :)

i thank you's and i know everyone else does also. take a bow !!!!!

you deserve it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jim

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Completely forgot to put 2013's videos on here. Thought about starting another topic but figured just adding to this one would be easier to find everything later. Maybe I can get a mod to change it to 2012 and 2013 videos........

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • The topic was locked