Light-O-Rama Forums

"Vandals" caught on tape

dito

nothing major, just knocked over, I mean RAN OVER my sign. got license plate and cops called... turn out it was an 18yr old, said he's sorry, was being stupid at friends suggestion...

comments, suggestions?

PS, ya, i figured out I have a dead spot, fixed...

Bet he thinks twice about acting stupid again... Love closed caption security cameras!

Good thing not much more happened!!!!

I think he needs to dress in an elf outfit and hand out those candy canes now....

Edited by hdracer

Make him sequence a 10min song! :D

How'd you get a licence # off that video? I couldn't even see the plate.

Edited by scubado

So how did you get the license plate? I never saw it look like it came into clear view in the video. I've been thinking of looking into what it would take to record outside my house also.

the main reason we even got a security camera is because the kids LOVE to watch people watching our show! "turn on channel 1" they say. because that's the input for the CCTV. unfortunately this is not the first time. several years ago (before LOR) many Halloween decorations were stolen/broken. It's a pretty close neighborhood, in a "good" area. I just think (proven I guess) it's teenagers being stupid on Halloween and thinking nobody is watching. I was thinking of adding a "video surveillance" sign on the yard. any thoughts? some i've talked to say it brings BAD attention, creating shooting targets for the cameras.

I think it's much more fun to let them find out about the cameras when the police show up. :)

I can't stand vandalism and theft. I would be willing to let my stuff get some damage if it catches the vandals as opposed to scaring them away with signs and they move onto the next victim.

thankfully, there was no "damage". the sign has some tire marks on it now, but no big deal, i'll just have to scrub for a few minutes. according the the police officer, the kid was scared/surprised and was denying until he said "we have you on surveillance", then the kid confessed. we'll see if things stay calm from now on...

We were all kids at one point doing stupid things. Good points: No substantial damage, no injuries, and he got caught. With any luck, it makes him think twice about it next time. I would be pissed if someone did it to me, but after calming down I doubt I would press charges. Actually, after I calmed down, I would probably laugh and call it karma......

We were all kids at one point doing stupid things. Good points: No substantial damage, no injuries, and he got caught. With any luck, it makes him think twice about it next time. I would be pissed if someone did it to me, but after calming down I doubt I would press charges. Actually, after I calmed down, I would probably laugh and call it karma......

I agree. In these days of social media these kids should be reminded that this stuff captured, tweeted, facebooked, etc never goes away. It could affect their lives forever. "Year 2019: Oh Johnny, i see here in this online police report you vandalized some property. We won't be selecting you for your dream job afterall". Not that i did anything bad but thank goodness there were no camera phones and GPS back when i was 18!

• The topic was locked