Light-O-Rama Forums

Weird Christmas decorations. What the heck is happening?

LORisAwesome

Just noticed another airblown at Home Depot that I somehow missed before.

This one has Santa in a deer stand.... That is wrong on so many levels. lol

Jerry

Great posts in here... My 13-year old demanded we do Gangnam Style this year. It seemed so odd to me as I started sequencing it... but in the end it is the most popular song in our show. Many people wait to see it twice. I've seen four YouTube videos of my house created by others... so it's a real hit and causing quite the stir in my neighborhood.

Let's face it...we all create our shows to entertainment our visitors. I agree with many of the perspectives above, and while there are a few cars that drive away when that song starts (likely the older folks), there's at least 100 times that number who stay with big smiles on their faces. So I am officially a "convert" and support ainsworth's spot-on comment above: "Christmas lights to music" versus "Christmas music to lights"

:-)

Gulp.... ....nervous to ask.... but I have a National Anthem song in my Christmas display where everything and tree goes red white and blue. Can Christmas and Patriotism work together or is that too silly too?

I really like the idea of opening and closing my show with the National Anthem. But I have had so little time this year to sequence to my new display, that I only have three songs -- so I play the National Anthem continuously in the show until I get some more sequences made.... ...Maybe that'll help some people memorize the words! Ha!

On a side note, it is a symmetrical display so what is red white and blue to the right can look to be blue white and red on the left -- my wife pointed out that part of the display looks too French!! Ha!!!

The whole point of Christmas is like some others have said, supposed to be fun times with friends and family's. I mean the real story of Christmas has nothing to do with what others think... I mean hello!!! herding sheep in the middle of the winter, in a desert? I think they were more eating their sheep during that time and it was far from Dec. This was a Pagan holiday (Winter Solstice or Yule) that used to be a banned holiday in most states...but I wont go into depth on a history lesion here.

Point is, who cares what others use, if you want to use it, great, if not still great, don't bash them for it though...or think that those who do different things don't know the meaning of the holidays, hell T-rex wants some presents also...and if you remember the story Rudolf in the land of misfit toys, there was a t-rex there!

Well I do 95% Christmas music. I am using Bob's MIIP request software this year and put all my non Christmas music in the "vote in only" section. Guess what songs play more than most of the others, I Got A Feeling and Sandstorm. Teenagers seem to visit my display as much as any other group and they all have internet enabled cell phones.

Always heard "Action speaks louder than words" Psy's actions and songs against the U.S. is more believable than his "I'm sorry". Doesn't take much to say "sorry" when you know that being against the US could cut deeply into his earnings. As an ex military man that spent time in S.E. Asia, defending this country and then getting spat upon for it and getting the "support" of Jane Fonda, I don't take kindly to people going against my country. Off my soapbox now.

I used and abused my Holidaycoro Monster Faces with Christmas music.. ;)

Just tacked sants hats on top. Wife says I'm Wierd! I resemble that! ;)

Always heard "Action speaks louder than words" Psy's actions and songs against the U.S. is more believable than his "I'm sorry". Doesn't take much to say "sorry" when you know that being against the US could cut deeply into his earnings. As an ex military man that spent time in S.E. Asia, defending this country and then getting spat upon for it and getting the "support" of Jane Fonda, I don't take kindly to people going against my country. Off my soapbox now.

I agree with you about PSY and his apology.

I'm sorry that you and others in the armed forces were treated in that manner when you returned S.E. Asia. It is a terrible shame that some people do not respect the people who put their lives in danger to protect this country.

Thank you for helping to keep us safe!

Jerry

Santa in a helicopter was created as a result of the members of the Gemmy Airblown club asking for it to be produced. I have thought it was a nod to the wireframes showing the same that have been around for years.

Gene Autry's "Santa' Coming in a Whirly Bird" is probably my most popular song, its been a hit with the kids for 7 straight years. They will get out of their cars and dance and sing "whirlybird" then wait while the adults enjoy the TSO, MAnnheim and other songs only to leap for joy again when "Whirly Bird" comes on.