Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequences done with the SuperStar Sequencer

Frank Farmer

Wow, I really like them both. The falling snowflakes in "Sugar Plum Fairy" are excellent. I never even tried that because I didn't think it would be possible to get snowflakes to look that good. The scrolling white notes are well sequenced, unfortunately the hardware has a hard time keeping up. If you change the color of the notes to red it will help because there will be 1/3 as many commands going through as compared to white.

The rotating patterns on Carol of the Bells are very creative. To me it ends up looking like leaves rotating. The way you do one, two and three and different times is very effective.

Thanks for sharing!

Fantastic work Farmer. How many ribbons are you using for your whole set-up??? Those are two of my favorite christmas songs. Looks really nice..

Merry Christmas, Bernie

Brian, thanks for the comments. I'm going to try "full range" instead of the "balanced" settings and see if that makes any difference, if not will switch to a primary color. I'm also hoping for "super-speed" to be released soon (hint, hint).

Bernie, It's a 12-ribbon tree on an aluminum frame with a 6-channel Star made from a PVC cut-out on top.

I also have 4 CCB strings along the roofline and 20 standard LOR 16-channel controllers. The building is over 175' long and 50' wide. I just can't get the whole thing in a picture.

post-2139-0-67534400-1350246857_thumb.jp

Edited by Frank Farmer

Hey Frank,

The CCBs look good on the building. I need to up my game with the ribbons, though. :D

I will be out there soon to check it out. I am just about done setting up. I think I am turning on Thursday or Friday this week.

Greg

Frank - Excellent work. You might consider selling these sequences somehow. I could be your next customer.

Brian, The Scrolling white notes you were talking about were acutally gold. I switched to "full range" and changed the color to yellow (100% of both colors) and now I don't have the red artifact. It also helped with the lag. Just wanted to pass that on to you.

Frank

Good! As I mentioned in an earlier posting, the fact that LOR protocol is faster using "full on" and "full off" commands was something I learned only a few months ago. Glad it helped.

Frank - Excellent work. You might consider selling these sequences somehow. I could be your next customer.

Ditto on selling the sequences. I am just starting with SS and will not have a show this year, however I am trying to build a library to start with and I appreciate your talent. I'm in for a purchase!

• 4 months later...

Very cool! A good combination of hand made effects and Instant Sequence effects. I enjoy seeing each person's sequences, there are always some effects I see that I would never thought of doing. Thanks for sharing!

Hey Frank,

Just wondering what version of Carol of the Bells(artist) I much prefer that one over TSO.

I will probably sell some of my sequences this summer. I'm going to wait for the next version of software to come out so I can take advantage of some of the new effects. 

I have received quite a few PM's about this, so I'll PM you back when I have them available online.

Frank

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

dumb ? how are you making video from ss play back

your seq are awesome

Edited by dan martens

I use BB flashback, which is a screen capture software package.  Any good screen capture software should work as long as you set it up with a high recording frequency.  This is real important if your sequences are fast, which is typical with SS.

and Thanks