Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Criss Cross Effect

DLTSLC

Hello Everyone,

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get a really neat effect on the CCRs. I'd like to do a criss cross chase from both ends simultaneously going to their opposite ends; ie: Pixel 1 chasing to 50 while at the same time pixel 50 chases to 1 and changing colors. I've tried copy/paste, foreground/background, you name it. There is a way I know to do it, but it would be CRAZY time consuming....

Any ideas out there :)

You didn't give much detail on the pixels your trying to chase, but on a simple chase you could place your first color choice in Chanel one- first timing grid. Place your other color of choice in Chanel 50. Chase the first pixel(s) to your ending location in Chanel 50.

Just guessing, your issue is the smear you get when trying to cross one chase over the other. So here is what you can do. Check the paste from foreground box. "Cut" all of the first chase that ended up in channel 50. Do the second chase from channel 50 up to channel 1. Paste the first chase back into channel 50 where you cut it out. Does this make sense?

My second suggestion is what I do more often on a simple single pixel chase is just make the second chase one timing grid short of the first chases' ending point.

Steve

My bad, as I re-read the post, you aren't talking about a simple chase, you want the color to change through the chase.........I think..........

Correct. I want to start a chase from pixels 1 and 50 on the CCR and criss cross each other with pixel 50 ending at 1, and pixel 1 ending at 50. Color change can be done at the end using foreground effect, but I can't get the chases to essentially make an "X"

I hope I understand your issue, if not sorry. Turn on "paste from foreground" and make 1/2 of your chase (you will now have a "V"). Copy the top left to bottom right, and top right to bottom left. You now have an "X" instead of a "V".