Light-O-Rama Forums

Wireless transmitters to control CCR

SnappyTom

Yes* you can.

* Keep in mind that the more data you send to the CCR's the less effective the ELL's are going to be. One or two, you should be fine. More than that? Then things might (might) not perform up to par.

I'm using the wireless to control 6 controllers and 1 CCR controller. So far, it all works just fine. I'm sure there are limitations on how many you can control due to the amount of data being sent but that's where additional networks some into play.

as another data point.....I have 416 channels

I am using Ell's with 1 100 bulb ccb, one ccr, 2 ccf's and 4 16 channel controllers ......I do a reasonable amount of colors changes with 1/10 th of second timings and all is well.

ELL's do not support the fastest data transmission speed.

If you're using macros to control the CCR's or CCB's you should be fine with ELL's because macros aren't particularly data intensive. If you're controlling the lights via the color channels rather than the macro channels I would not recommend ELL's. My first year I used CCR's was two ribbons and they did not work worth a damn until I took the ELL's out of the picture.

Of course, if you use multiple networks you can specify different data speeds for them. In that case you can have the CCR's running on a wired network and put everything else on the ELL network.

Ok yes i am going to use two networks. I am running a 12 ccr tree 6 channells will be on cat 5 and the other 6 channells and one controller will be on an EEL.

• The topic was locked