Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Pixel/Bulb Seq

Ralph A

Brian,

Once again you have done a fantastic job with your sequencing!! Specifically I am referring to "Cosmic Color Pixel Tree test with Rock Ye Merry Gentleman "

A few questions:

I assume you used Superstar seq to complete this, and if so how did you set it up?

Where did you buy the sphere?

And, will you have these seq for sell in the future as you do the for the CCR trees?

Was there a specific reason, other than cost, for using pixels rather than CC bulbs?

Thanks for all you do and once again a fantastic job!!

Ralph

I feel bad that I haven't completed a sequence for the CCP tree. I would really like to. I have taken down my CCP tree so I could take a video of the "Hallelujah Chorus" sequence for the CCRs.

For the CCP tree, the globe at the top looks even better than I expected. The one is the video is 12 inch diameter and has 4 rows of 24 pixels with 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. I have purchased 14 inch hemispheres and want to make a globe with 8 rows of 24 pixels and 4 at the top and 4 at the bottom. With 8 rows I can do text and some images on the globe. And because the spacing is fairly dense, the text and images should look very well defined.

I also want to experiment with a slightly different way of doing the tree strands. I have a video showing how I did the tree and globe on youtube:

I want to try zip tieing the pixels directly to the 1/8 inch rope, I should be able to get the spacing more even that way. And I have some transluscent wire loom tubing that may give a more pleasing diffusion of the light.

I would love to do that this year and complete a sequence, but if I do, the soonest I would have it done is by the end of Thanksgiving weekend.

Brian, You just need to buy a new house with a great big yard! That way you will not have to take any of your trees down!

So I guess you did seq this with Superstar?

Yes, forgot to answer that question. It was sequenced with SuperStar, and most of the effects are in a sample file with the S3 download. launch SuperStar, click on the File menu and select Open, navigate to the Samples directory and open the file "Vis_treeAndHemispheres_spirals.sup"

Yes, forgot to answer that question. It was sequenced with SuperStar, and most of the effects are in a sample file with the S3 download. launch SuperStar, click on the File menu and select Open, navigate to the Samples directory and open the file "Vis_treeAndHemispheres_spirals.sup"

Thanks for the heads up on the samples. I know what I'm doing tonight.... :)