Light-O-Rama Forums

Radio Tune in sign

ranjanpa

HERE Is Mine. Im pretty impressed with it. Made a very large mess, but worth it. I had issues with people last year not seeing it. This year.... I think they will. LOL Edited by gtoyeah

That's why I'm having a sign made for me and moving away from the holiday coro one. My sign is the 1xx.x and with LED multis in it, it "annoyingly" shines across the lake in the development and has been called a 'blue pulsar'. Since I don't have a lake front property but am across the road from a lake front property, I drove across to the area where the complaint came from and they were correct. Over 1/8 mile away, it's a bright beam of light shooting across the openess.

th_IMG_0983.jpg

1st year for me and I was surprised how blindingly bright 600 LEDs stuck into a 18x34 panel was. So I've decided to flash the sign for exactly 10 seconds at the start of each sequence, I dim it to 50% for the sequence until the last 30 seconds or so of the sequence, where I turn it off completely so the sequence can be completed without any visual distractions.

1st year for me and I was surprised how blindingly bright 600 LEDs stuck into a 18x34 panel was. So I've decided to flash the sign for exactly 10 seconds at the start of each sequence, I dim it to 50% for the sequence until the last 30 seconds or so of the sequence, where I turn it off completely so the sequence can be completed without any visual distractions.

I like it! I guess the next step would be sequencing it fully!

Here is my sign:

Made a box..

painted it to match the house..

Painted inside white to reflect light around:

got a sheet of white plexiglass

Had a vinyl sticker made

post-9751-0-85877200-1353284927_thumb.jp

post-9751-0-52992900-1353284933_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to get one of those red scrowling LED signs at 90% off at target. Hooked it up to a old mower battery and placed it on a post at the road. This way i could program what i wanted and even show info and length. A

I took :rolleyes: a photo from a Tune to sign found on the web and printed it out in poster

size. Taped them together and taped to a 18 x 28 Cor-Plastic. Then used a punch

to make the holes. Removed the paper drilled the punched holes larger. Then

pushed min light through. It. Cost was $20 bucks. But took a while to finish

I think i spent $60 on my sign.. but the vinyl was free to me.. so I don't know it's value.

Everyone thinks I put a LCD-TV in the box it's bright and looks awesome!

I have smart pixels in the box to light it up.

OK, the coro sign I ordered didn't show up until today. Having no time to do mini-lights, I went el cheapo for this year. I got a plain coro white 24"x18" board from Lowes, and printed out a sign (in 4 different parts - "TUNE", "TO", "90.3" and "FM") in large letters, cut them out, and taped/covered them with packing tape. Not great, but it looks good enough for 10 days.