Light-O-Rama Forums

1 command 2 CCR's

stlights12

I purchased 2 CCR's in the sale and intended to use them to go up my 30' flag pole. So I would place one controller at the bottom and one would be mounted in the middle to cover 30'. As I started programming using superstar a problem with that vision arose. How can I get the command to flow from the end of one rope to the beginning of the other. So if i have it do a morph I want it to go from the bottom of the pole to the top. It Programs it to start at the beginning of both ccr's. Like if someone did 3 leaping arches how do they get it to start at the first arch and go across all 3. I do not want to cut them and join them together.

Thanks

You raise a good point. SuperStar was originally designed around the concept of a matrix of CCRs, so each sequencing row was limited to 50 squares. You could still sequence two end to end CCRs like on your flag pole, but to do one chase pattern accross them both you had to do two morphs, one on each CCR.

However, starting with release 2.7.0 you can now set the length of a sequencing row to be 50-200 squares. You must use visualization mode to do this. So in your case you would:

1) create a visualization of you 2 CCRs on the flag pole

2) Launch SuperStar

3) Click on File and select "import visualization"

4) In the import visualization dialog box, set "max length" to 100. Since your ccrs are vertical, set sequencing grid orientation to "Vertical" Leave the other settings alone.

You should get one long sequencing row that is 100 squares high. You can now do one morph on that sequencing row and you will get a chase pattern across your 2 CCRs. Note that in "visualization" mode, SuperStar gets the controller location and Unit Id information from the visualization file, so make sure your visualization matches how you have your CCRs laid out.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I meant to say the feature is in v3.7.0.0 and above. Just to make sure you are running the most recent software, go to the main page of the lightorama web site, click on Software at the top, click on downloads. Download the latest version which is 3.8.0.0.

1) Launch SuperStar

2) Click on File and select "import visualization"

3) In the center of the import visualization dialog box, there is a box labled "Sequencing Grid". In that box is a setting labled "max length". It defaults to 50. Set it to 100.

4) Since your ccrs are vertical, set sequencing grid orientation to "Vertical" Leave the other settings alone.

You should get one long sequencing row that is 100 squares high. You can now do one morph on that sequencing row and you will get a chase pattern across your 2 CCRs. Note that in "visualization" mode, SuperStar gets the controller location and Unit Id information from the visualization file, so make sure your visualization matches how you have your CCRs laid out.