Light-O-Rama Forums

What Did You Get Done Today?

Guest wbottomley

Went live two days early.  Neighbors came over to watch while I was doing final testing. They asked if I could run for a bit so their company could watch since the would not be able to come back....  and then the cars kept coming.  All the way up to 10pm on and off..

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

My show is up and running, first night last night as scheduled. Made a few changes last night and am thinking about adding another song I've already started on for next year. Should be able to have it added by next weekend.

Had just over 80 cars come thought last night, pretty good for the first night.

80 cars first night is a heck of a first night.. at least it would be for me.. My first night is technically tonight but I have been running for the last two nights just to make sure all is well.  Had about 30 cars last night..

Got everything up, connected, fixed one AC connector and now stiff and sore. Now thinking about next years show props to make.

Got everything up, connected, fixed one AC connector and now stiff and sore. Now thinking about next years show props to make.

Be sure to include vitamin "A" (Advil) in your next years plans..   :P

i can say i got it all up and now for some testing. rain and wind made it a little slow this year for set up.

Glad to be done and almost ready to go.

Finally finished up my show.  Moved a few things around that didn't quite look right; moved the 'tune to' sign closer to the street, and put up some speakers to play when there are guests at the house. 

Now with everything done, I'm feeling kind of sad...no more props to build, wire to run, connections to make.. I'm already thinking about next year and RGB, which  scares me because I know it's not going to be cheap and I'll go bigger than I plan to.  But I guess if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right and going big!

well I shut my show off tonight after I could not keep my GFIs from tripping with the wet snow and rain suppose to get cold so hoping this will help

Now with everything done, I'm feeling kind of sad...no more props to build, wire to run, connections to make.. I'm already thinking about next year and RGB, which  scares me because I know it's not going to be cheap and I'll go bigger than I plan to.  But I guess if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right and going big!

I hear you.  Christmas is almost anti climactic for me this year.  I turn on the display and think, 'Is that all there is?'

I hear you.  Christmas is almost anti climactic for me this year.  I turn on the display and think, 'Is that all there is?'

I thought that too till seen the cars stopping to watch and made me happy to bring joy to strangers

• The topic was locked