• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

I put 2 new windows in my house. Then Went out to eat for an early birthday supper. Really need to get putting up lights one of these days. Anyone volunteer to help...lol

Working on a RGB merry christmas sign. Three more letters to go and then the window frames. I feel like I am way behind already...

I got some more Halloween stuff out today, finished my RGB star- Thanks William for posting a link to solderless ribbon connectors a while back. I got them a few days ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20X-RGB-Connector-PCB-Adapter-3528-5050-RGB-LED-Strip-10mm-Strip-Strip-D-/320926275708?pt=US_Lighting_Parts_and_Accessories&hash=item4ab8b2587c

Ouch Jeff... that stinks... :(

For me, this past week has been all about replacing burned out lights on all our 5' trees and 2' trees... here's a picture of just ONE DAY's worth of bad lights(probably had 4, maybe 5 piles like this so far)...

DSCF1215.JPG

Can't beleive how many clear lights were bad and how many MORE clear lights were bad than gold and red. I guess it makes sense since we have some sequences where the white lights go nuts.

Here are the all the mini-trees... done and ready for service...

DSCF1225.JPG

In between replacing lights... I finally made our candy cane spinners...

DSCF1219.JPG

Today I masked off the candy canes and sprayed the wood, brackets, and wiring black. Can't wait to add these to the show. I've had them sitting doing nothing for two seasons just waiting for me to get off my butt and do something with them. ;)

Here's a few more pictures of this past week's work...

http://www.maineligh.../Christmas2012/

Guest Don Gillespie

Picked up some dog crap on my and lawn threw it out on the street, caught the sob that walks his dog and told him to well you know what I said, then I finished wrapping my clapping trees, finished wrapping my spiral trees, tested my candy cane spinners, watched some football, had a nap, waiting for the grand kid to come over so I can measure her up for her Elf outfit, getting ready to start stringing trees all the leaves are almost gone, set up starts next weekend.

Got the Mega Tree up yesterday. Worked the rest of the day trying to get the spiral tree wrapped, to no avail. Started fresh on it today. Gonna try wrapping again after the NASCAR race. A few minor odds and ends and I can start testing, probably next week or the week after.

Good luck everybody and Happy Lighting.

May all of your bulbs shine bright.

Friday, bought 3 more controllers... ouch. :blink:

Yesterday, Did some work on my (already running) Halloween show. Also Did some Christmas layout/sequencing work.

Today. Did more Christmas layout/sequence work. Also went to Menards and bought some supplies. (I did yard work too)

EDIT: oooh, just had a beer!!

tj

Edited by tjflory

Started painting my Mega Tree Pole and Base. Considering I have had the PVC cut for weeks now, it has just been waiting for the perfect time to paint it. Got the first coat of spray paint on it and will do touch-up work on Wednesday when I'm off. Also put second coat of spray paint on my RGB North Poles, will finish painting on Wednesday too.

Hopeful to get some sequencing done tonight, possibly finish putting the rest of my RGB modules together for my North Poles.

And yes, like tj, I also just had a beer too. That makes it better while trying to sequence. ;)

Got all the 10' arbor vitae trees (all 20 of them) filled with lights yesterday. Did a few odds and ends things as well, like capping the ends of some of my icicles with those child-proof outlet covers. Today, I got the lights on the kids' swingset and got all the lights around my windows. All-in-all, pretty productive. Got about 1/3 of my lights up so far. I'm slightly ahead of schedule, but I'm sure Murphy will strike any day now.

I finished the brickwork for one of my light columns. Tomorrow I will get the light mounted on top (RGB), and access panel cover fabricated. Then I can mount the DC controller and I get to change the signature to say 32 channels operational instead of 29.

When the project is completed, there will be several controllers in this column. The original plan was for 2 DC controllers and a ServoDog, but I think it's going to end up a 1 DC controller, 1 ServoDog, and 1 SanDevices E682 E1.31 controller.

As part of my landscaping project, I have conduit running all over the place. 12 of them terminate in this column. Although the project is not completed, getting this column completed will allow me to bring a number of lights on line.

post-8102-0-57753100-1350861585_thumb.jp

post-5307-0-02760300-1350862414_thumb.jpFinished welding the supports for the lighting truss, put the supports up and did all the rigging needed to make sure the truss stays where I put it. Then put the truss in the pole guides and cranked the truss up to just about the top. Will leave it like that to test my rigging.

post-5307-0-02760300-1350862414_thumb.jpFinished welding the supports for the lighting truss, put the supports up and did all the rigging needed to make sure the truss stays where I put it. Then put the truss in the pole guides and cranked the truss up to just about the top. Will leave it like that to test my rigging.

So what great plans do you have with that?

wrapped our split rail fence with the new LED's.... tested them tonight and holy cow are they bright. Of course wrapped lights after my beloved Packers beat the Rams.