Light-O-Rama Forums

Controlling your show with Droid or iPhone MIIP

ItsMeBobO

A single announcement works very well. When you have more its very hard to balance the competing rules of where to place them and not have them back to back .

Everyone please notice the HOVER over text on the web page. With your mouse pointer hover over the announcement. It will tell you several things. The R6 tell you it is set to repeat every 6 minutes. The D45 tells you its duration in seconds. The first occurrence will have a #1 or #2 telling you the order in which miip attempts to interlace the announcements. The longest duration is inserted first. The first occurrence also has the time since last play. The later occurrences tell you how long between plays given the current arrangement of the songs (don’t forget the songs move around a lot depending on votes and the songs have differing durations) You will notice that an R6 song may say 7:10 or even 10 minutes. It goes after that much accumulated time has past. Also if R6 is right after another announcement it will attempt the next slot up to 1.5 times the duration. So an R6 may be placed up to 9.5 minutes apart or longer if the songs are long. Its important to note that making them all the same Repeat minutes will cause them to bunch up. Recommend 8 10 12 minutes but even that will cause a bunch up after a few cycles.

Here is a trick.. anytime you want to reset the played ago timer for an announcement or any song you can send a test play to the server. From the connect page select your song and click test button.

Important side effects of doing this…

1) the web page will change to playing that song.. but it isn’t. LOR does not know you sent that test play to the server.

2) the timer will restart and will request the next song at a time not close to when the playing song ends. No usually a problem but some guests may notice their vote for next song is delayed by one song.

3) play stats will record this as a play but it has not played.

4) votes made against the playing song are not recorded. So even tho the test song is not really playing, the server thinks it is so that vote is not recorded.

But the good part is you can force a song/annoucement to a different spot if they are bunched up. Actually it gets pulled out of it current slot and goes to the bottom so its time between actual plays becomes longer.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dougd

• ItsMeBobO

• l0chte

• alchrisr01

Bob, what would be the easiest way to redirect my miip site to another domain, if I have bradleylights.com can I use something like requests.bradleylights.com

Or do I have to get something from godaddy?

I am clueless when it comes to domain stuff.

There are several ways to handle it. Take a look at mine.

My miip code is tclh.miip.mobi if you put that in you are redirected to my domain ThatChristmasLightsHouse.com

Do not buy a special domain for your redirect. Create a page bradleylights.com/requests.html and put in there the redirect to miip. So you never have to tell anyone the miip domain.

Bob, you are too helpful. I got bradleylights.com/request pointed to my miip site. It a lot easier pointing them to that page instead of the miip site. I might have this all figured out by Christmas. Thanks again!

I've been thinking my 3 announcements may work better if I could attach them to several sequences in my display. I tried setting them up as introductions to sequences.. How does that work?

On the member Song page, select the main song.. then fill in the name of the in "Intro Seq:" field. This must be the name of an LMS (without the lms) on your show computer. And fill in the number of seconds it plays. The result will be the main song only will be shown in the schedule. Its duration is the sum of the two songs. However both will play and will always play together. Both must have the miip.cmd in them. Both songs will communicate with the server

Edited by ItsMeBobO

I have to say again, I love this program. I am using it a lot and at least 4 or 5 people are using it every night. I am having problems with 2 songs though, maybe you can help me figure it, I have tried a few things to no avail. The songs are Carol of the bells by Celtic Women and Winter Wonderland by Johnny Mathis. When those songs play they don't show up in now playing area and will play every other song till I move them to the bottom of the list. There are no errors in my verify setup box. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for the wonderful program.

Since you seem to be very familiar for Dos batch files here is something to look at.

Take a look at the contents of MIIP.CMD it has > %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8

When LOR substitutes the windows command %SEQUENCE_FILENAME_NO_EXT% with the name of the file… it does not put quotes around it.

So if there are spaces in the name, each word becomes a different parameter. This method will fail if there are two or more spaces in there anywhere. When the filename words (now parameters) are reassembled back into the filename again, any double spaces are gone and a trailing space on the last word is gone. Also if there are more than 8 words in the name, you lose some.

So check the file name on your show computer and remove double or trailing spaces and shorten to 8 or less words. AND change the file name on MIIP member song page.

• The topic was locked