Light-O-Rama Forums

Snowfall / Meteor Light tubes from China, $15.99/ Free Shipping!?!

Arteom

plasmadrive- I had about the same issue. When I got them my postman said that because they were shipped 'parcel post', they get shoved aside and the higher priority packages (Express,ect) get processed first. Don't forget, we are just getting out of the busy mailing season just now.

I got mine 3 weeks ago but do regret getting them as they are constructed with very thin wires.

I don't expect to get a full season out of them unless I replace ALL the wiring AND the power blocks. (something to do during the "Not Decorating Season")

So let me give an update. I ordered two more sets in November. They arrived within 15 days or so. Only thing is they only shipped one set not two. Refused to send another and only offered a partial refund. One of the sets I already had on my pillars went out (all but one tube). I moved them to my windows and now both sets have at least two tubes out, plus the plastic tubes going over the LEDs keep coming off. I guess get what you pay for. I may try sealing them better, but I don't know if that would help much. I'm in the dfw area and we have only had two days of rain and some light snow. But everything else I have has held up, even through the night of 50-65 mph gusts we had. My spiral tree was blown over and everything in it is fine. The snowfall tubes were carefully zip tied to my window solar screens so they were not flopping around either.

Really liked them when they worked, but disappointed as a whole.

Not sure how everyone else did with these but my experience is mixed. I only ordered 2 sets initially ( 1 set = 3 boxes of 8 ea. tubes ). One set was stopped at China customs and sent back. Quick refund, but still a bit bizarre. The other set has been running non-stop on an indoor tree so can't speak to the weather-ability of the tubes. 2 of the 24 tubes had a couple dead LED's right out of the box but no changes since with all the run time on them so that's encouraging. They do fire randomly after the initial light up. You might be able to mix and match tubes from multiple sets if you need identical firing. At $2 / tube, I liked them enough to order a bunch more. Now if the Chinese government will take me off the no-ship list, I'll have plenty of tubes for next year.

I 'm thinking about making a walk through tunnel along one of my sidewalks and having a bunch of these either dripping down or in all dirrections for this year.

Took everything down today and threw the two sets I had outside n the trash. Both had about 1/2" of water in every tube that stayed in place. Had three other tubes that the plastic covering came completely off. Might try again if I seal them and zip tie them s there is zero movement possible. But at this point I don't think so.

I ebay ordered 2 sets 10/30/12 and got Today,11/23/12.

One tube broken clear tube but light still works and easy fix.

Running for a few hours now....Most Pleased. Thanks!

:D

Update: I used these to supplement my display (hanging under a ccr arch). Worked perfectly for 2012 Christmas season.

Not as big & bright as my regular meteor tubes in a tree...but work as advertised.

Thanks for the wonderful video review.

After 34 days from my order date I still have nothing to show for it. They finally showed up on the China Post office radar but still in China with no delivery date in site. I told the supplier to refund me and recall them.. that was two days ago.. no responce as of yet..

Plasmadrive - If you bought these through EBay be sure to file a claim within 45 days. If not they will leave you high and dry. I learned the hard way two years ago on power supplies I never received even though the seller said they were shipped and he would take of the matter. Since I did not file within 45 days EBay said I was SOL.

Plasmadrive - If you bought these through EBay be sure to file a claim within 45 days. If not they will leave you high and dry. I learned the hard way two years ago on power supplies I never received even though the seller said they were shipped and he would take of the matter. Since I did not file within 45 days EBay said I was SOL.

Gary,

I took your advise and told them to I would not wait past the 9th to file a claim with ebay for a refund. I said they could refund me before then if they don't get here. They wrote back and opted to refund on the 8th if they are a no show by then. I then told them if the tube show up in good shape after that time I would repay them for the tubes, as I am not trying to get something for nothing. I think that will cover me against that 45 day time limit and they will not loose anything if they do show up eventually.

Thanks Gary

Craig

• 1 year later...

Shop Ebay, pretty much the same deals as a couple yrs ago when this thread started.  I got 4 sets this year so far.  I'm restringing mine with new longer thicker wire.  The power supplies are not sealed!  I had one come apart while unplugging it!