Light-O-Rama Forums

What ever happened to SUPERSPEED ?

ItsMeBobO

While still not certified, I would still think that would have a decent chance of working. Maybe you have a less than perfect cable? Can you test to one controller, with a shorter, new cable, and if you still have the issue, then your adapter probably is not one of the lucky ones.

well considering i have 3 CCB's, with 3 new cat5e (store bought cables) and all 3 are failing the same on separate networks, I find it unlikely there is a cable issue. After I take things down in a few weeks, I will test all of this inside my office.

Purchased cables are not necessary good. I used to have access to a $6,000 cable test set. ETL certified cables just guarantee that the parts when correctly assembled are capable of cat 5/6 as rated. It does not imply that they are individually tested. Many tested below spec, and some flat out failed. Cables I assembled myself often exceeded cable spec (when using cat 6 ends) and had a much lower defect and failure rate.

Purchased cables are not necessary good. I used to have access to a $6,000 cable test set. ETL certified cables just guarantee that the parts when correctly assembled are capable of cat 5/6 as rated. It does not imply that they are individually tested. Many tested below spec, and some flat out failed. Cables I assembled myself often exceeded cable spec (when using cat 6 ends) and had a much lower defect and failure rate.

great, go on and on.

I tested the CCB's with multiple 6 ft cables before the season even started and they choked then. Read my CCB choke post and considering the CCB's were sold and the rest of the tech isn't coming out till now just before xmas that addresses the initial problem, not the cat cable....pretty sure my cat cables are the least likely of the problem. As stated, when the season is over I will start testing again inside when the display is down. Would bet the farm it will be the same...especially if they really are coming out with diff 485 to support this. Firmware, software, hardware, and drivers to support a devices capabilities post sale is more likely the issue over multiple cat cables....but who knows, time will tell and it will be discovered, guaranteed.

Just got around to testing out the 500k (Superspeed) option.

Wow. Pushed 15 CCB's (30 strings) and it looked great. This has real possibilities for next year.

I switched everything up to 500K this morning. My CCR tree looks better than ever. I had one sequence I didn't finish because it didn't look good because of all the choking, but I'm going to finish it tonight and try it out tomorrow. I had to put my CCR tree star on the standard network because the 16-channel controller dosn't go up to 500K, but that wasn't a problem.

Lots of possiblities for next year!

I have a 12 ccr mega tree on three networks and when i go from 115k to 500k it gets choppy and it starts missing commands. i put it back at 115k and all is fine...

I have a 12 ccr mega tree on three networks and when i go from 115k to 500k it gets choppy and it starts missing commands. i put it back at 115k and all is fine...

yup, same here

great, go on and on.

My 8 CCR network is working fine at 500k and my other CCP & CCB networks are much improved. The OP (me) was asking if the faster speed would be delivered this season and is pleased it was. CCRs are several seasons but network cables and adapters are all new.

the three 485 adapters that are running my ccrs are new this year and they are not cheap. i hope they havent been trying 500k all year and selling these adapters that would hurt

One thing to keep in mind is that higher baud rates are not going to be as reliable across longer distances. Another thing I never got answered is whether the signal is degraded each time you daisy chain it through a controller or whether each controller provides a new boost to the signal.

One thing to keep in mind is that higher baud rates are not going to be as reliable across longer distances. Another thing I never got answered is whether the signal is degraded each time you daisy chain it through a controller or whether each controller provides a new boost to the signal.

The controllers do not regenerate the signal.

I think it's already available and I'm using it this year. Until they finally get a better solution I think It's called DMX. :)

Or far batter, DMX over ethernet - AKA E1.31. For Christmas I am running my pixel tree on E1.31. Runs just fine. Shortly after the new year I should get a bunch more of my landscape lighting completed and some of that will be E1.31.

My 8 CCR network is working fine at 500k and my other CCP & CCB networks are much improved. The OP (me) was asking if the faster speed would be delivered this season and is pleased it was. CCRs are several seasons but network cables and adapters are all new.

already covered, again

i redownloaded the firmware and double checked everything and still i throw it in 500k and it gets sloppy and misses commands. i have in one sequence were one ccr comes on all white in the sequence (double checked that) and its multicolored outside.... but i can put it back to 115k and all is good

i redownloaded the firmware and double checked everything and still i throw it in 500k and it gets sloppy and misses commands. i have in one sequence were one ccr comes on all white in the sequence (double checked that) and its multicolored outside.... but i can put it back to 115k and all is good

How far are your cable runs and how many controllers do you have connected in series? Any estimate of your total length?

three networks 100ft cables on each network with 4 ccrs in series on each network....and total length on each network 110ft that over estimated

Edited by forddieseldean

forddieseldean, you said you redownloded the firmware, but you don't have to, it's included in the 3.9 software. If your downloading firmware version 1.07 from the lightorama web-site, that is NOT the latest firmware. You need to install CCR Firmware version 1.10 using the Hardware utility.