• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arteom

• LOR Staff

• Tim Fischer

• Don

just got an email my stuff is on the way and my card was charged. no winner winner chicken dinner here. oh well better luck next time. and good luck to the rest..ordered on 08/04/2012

While I'm not sure exactly how they are doing it, I would wait a little while before I was disappointed....

The TryForFree page states that they'll ship the stuff first. which requires your payment, and then REFUND the winners (up to 1500).

So, until the fat lady sings, I wouldn't count myself out.

The summer sale started on my birthday so I ordered with the try for free thinking that might bring me a little bit of luck in the contest. Eagerly awaiting the results.

this whole Try for Free is driving me nutty, i just got my shipping treacking numbers , and now supposedly it may still be free, im so confused but hell if i do end up with a refund ill just end up buying an other controller

Guest wbottomley

That would make having to buy all the controllers and lights for my first year a lot easier on the pocket book. :)

This hobby is not cheap by any means. If you feel that struggling for money after purchasing those products, I suggest to scale down from what you planned. Take it one step at a time. Mega displays don't happen overnight. I've been working on mine since 2005.

I only started with Lights and my "First" iea had 64 Channel's I went to the Point of sequencing in beta free version s3 for months as i gathered up money i got sitting on a side burner 20 Sojngs for X-mas 20 for Halloween and 20 for the 4th of july yea i learned to sequence 64 channel's fast, BUT and a BIG BUT. after christmas came i found other things occupying my money so i ended up getting a "6 channel Mr. Christmas for 2011's x-mas, after new years i finally got my First LOR i was happy but found out its a pain in the rear to re sequence 64 channel's down too just 16, so after long and hard re figuring my display from my original thought i got it to work, and now realized my halloween display was in the same perdictament except now ill have 32 channel's not so hard to limit what does what by what channell but still a task, ?So now in my own experience i have learned it is better to GRow slowly becouse idea's change and get better even when you start small and work bigger so my advice to other new to LOR and Vixen and other controllers Start Small Maximize what you got and then work on growing don't try to start off huge it will be more of a hasle than a hobby. But i do know when i do get my 4th controller ill have sequences for it :) BUT on the other hand I am working on putting Ray Boards and RGB Pixels so my days of easy sequencing is soon gone :)

This hobby is not cheap by any means. If you feel that struggling for money after purchasing those products, I suggest to scale down from what you planned. Take it one step at a time. Mega displays don't happen overnight. I've been working on mine since 2005.

I agree with you 100%. When I started I had planned on only doing 1 controller and use the lights I already had. So I started with 1 CTB16PC and using the light I already had back in feb. Afther sequencing a few songs I decided (with the wife) and am now up to 3 CTB16PC, 3 CMB-16D and over 3,000 LED lights from m5 to c6. now by no means are the wife and kids going hungery. The only real problem I having is having to wait to put up the lights. cant wait till next month.

Getting a little anxious. I check the online status of both of my orders and still no update. I didn't spend a huge amount like I did during the winter sale, but...Tick, tick, tick.... I know clock watching doesn't help.

Getting a little anxious. I check the online status of both of my orders and still no update. I didn't spend a huge amount like I did during the winter sale, but...Tick, tick, tick.... I know clock watching doesn't help.

Take some comfort in that we will get our "TryForFree" Light-O-Rama products a lot sooner than most of those that are waiting for their Tesla Model S deliveries, many of whom have been waiting years.

again.... Try for free is REFUNDS, not 0 charge.

The winners are not announced until everything/everyONE ships. That means you'll be charged first, and the winners are refunded.

Just because you got your stuff doesn't mean it may not be free. ;)

I did speak ta Mary taday.. orders 'ave been goin' out everyday.. be patient.. jus' breathe..

in thru th' nose, out thru th' mouth..

in thru th' nose.. out thru th' mouth..

in... out.. in.. out..

oh, an' keep a weather eye out fer brown trucks..

Ya 'as th' option o' payin' back th' TFF discount, bu' ya lose th'

TFF refund chance.. yer stuff be sent out then, soon as it can..

Edited by TJ Hvasta

Hey everyone, I know a TryForFree order can be delayed for up to 8 weeks, I'm patient so I did not mind. However I keep hearing people are getting their controllers in & their tracking numbers. On the day of the sale ending, the entire day I was trying to find a way to figure out why my credit card was being denied, then it finally worked at like 2am, I probably placed my order two or three hours after the official midnight ending, but the website was not updated yet, so I took advantage :)

I got around $5 off in Try For Free and the hopes of a refund order (FINGERS STILL CROSSED) And am just waiting, if i ever get that refund, i'm going straight to light o rama and ordering another controller ;)

Anywho... anyone here that ordered at the last minute and got their order's? I'm not worried, just curious.

Edited by Arteom

I've never had the pleasure, but from what I hear, if you open your package and there is a green letter, you've got a free order. So don't worry until you get your order. I could be wrong though.

From what I am seeing in the trouble ticket system, we're pretty much on track to ship right at the 8 week mark from the time you placed your order. Typically, orders are shipped in the order they were made. Those who purchased on the first day are going to get their stuff first/etc.....