Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie looking for 16 and 32 channel sequences

belate33

I am new to the sequence world. My Rotary organization is starting a mega lights show this year. Our community has never done anything for Christmas and we thought we would provide a show to inspire people to get involved within the community. Please help to make our show an amazing success! We have equipment for 32 channels. Please send me any and all sequences for 16 and 32 channels. Again, I appreciate any and all help!

The thread at the top is a great start. Last year was my first year and I was able to find a few to use out of there. Everyone on here was so helpful getting my show started up. I still have some of the 16 channel shows. If you can't find what you are looking for, shoot me a pm with your email and I can see if I have them and will be more than willing to share just like everyone else did for me. It's all about paying it forward!

I am new to the sequence world. My Rotary organization is starting a mega lights show this year. Our community has never done anything for Christmas and we thought we would provide a show to inspire people to get involved within the community. Please help to make our show an amazing success! We have equipment for 32 channels. Please send me any and all sequences for 16 and 32 channels. Again, I appreciate any and all help!

Most folks on here are good about sharing sequences, when asking for any and all 16/32 channel sequences you could end up endated with thousands of sequences. You would then have legal issues with the music if you have not purchased the music to go with the sequences. It might be wiser to make a list of the songs you want for your show, purchase the music off of iTunes (or another music service), convert it to a 128kps mp3 file, and then match the sequences to the music. Asking for "generic" sequences can be real messy because no two shows are exactly alike. You want to design your layout first and then find sequences that either match your layout or can be easily modified to.

If you are looking for a canned solution then consider purchasing the 32 channel package from WowLights. It comes with almost everything you need except the lights plus includes 5 sequences that are perfectly timed to thier recommended layout. You pick your 5 free and then purchase the additional. Their music is included with their sequences and they have handled the legal side of including it.

Most folks on here are good about sharing sequences, when asking for any and all 16/32 channel sequences you could end up endated with thousands of sequences. You would then have legal issues with the music if you have not purchased the music to go with the sequences. It might be wiser to make a list of the songs you want for your show, purchase the music off of iTunes (or another music service), convert it to a 128kps mp3 file, and then match the sequences to the music. Asking for "generic" sequences can be real messy because no two shows are exactly alike. You want to design your layout first and then find sequences that either match your layout or can be easily modified to.

First, I read your other thread about your health and are glad to hear you're really coming along well! Can you expand on this a little? I'm a complete newbie too, and just ordered my first controller during the sale. I'm trying to learn to sequence myself, but this year will largely depend on the generosity of others to share 16 channel sequences. Don't most people say to use .wav files instead of mp3? What do you mean by finding sequences that match your layout or can be easily modified to? As long as the music is sync'd up properly to the sequence, wouldn't it run properly? Sorry for the dumb question, but this is all new...

First, I read your other thread about your health and are glad to hear you're really coming along well! Can you expand on this a little? I'm a complete newbie too, and just ordered my first controller during the sale. I'm trying to learn to sequence myself, but this year will largely depend on the generosity of others to share 16 channel sequences. Don't most people say to use .wav files instead of mp3? What do you mean by finding sequences that match your layout or can be easily modified to? As long as the music is sync'd up properly to the sequence, wouldn't it run properly? Sorry for the dumb question, but this is all new...

First off, there are no dumb questions.

1) I have always used mp3 files BUT as most will tell you, you have to convert them to 128kps (most music by default is not). That makes the song "consistent" start to finish, alot of music the kps varies throughout the song and it would be a bear to try and keep in sync.

2) Because there are not only different versions of a particular song plus some folks here "shorten" the song, taking a song off of iTunes and using just anyone's sequence doesn't always work. As stated in item #1 if the song isn't converted to a 128kps mp3 then it won't stay in sync. It won't prevent the sequence from running but the lights won't match the music.

3) Layout is how you will design your props for your display (mini- trees, mega tree's, roof line, etc.). If you are going to be doing a mega tree then you would want a sequence from someone that has a mega tree in their display, if it is on the same controller and channels as yours then great otherwise all you have to do is change the controller and channels for the tree in the sequence and you are up and running (can be done in as little as 10-15 minutes). What you want to do is decide your layout and then ask for sequences that match (ones folks have given me all have a mega tree, mini trees,and arches which are two props I like to use), also ask what version of the song they used and where they purchased it. I tend to get most of my music from iTunes and then export it as a 128kps mp3 file.

4) When I first started I bought a 32 channel package from WowLights that came with 5 sequences, there sequences are real tight with their recommended layout. Gave me confidence that I can do this and I have expanded a bunch from that. Everyone here is extremely helpful.

If anyone needs 16 channel sequences I have three I can share. I have "All I want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey, "Winter Wonderland" by Phantom Planet, and "Fleurs Du Mal (instrumental)" by Sarah Brightman.

I have actually used some from 2oldladiesandanoven, were close enough to my layout and easy to modify.

Also new to LOR this year! And I will take a look at some sequences as well. Though I am having fun trying to figure it out! If you are looking for controllers, check the "classifieds" section! I picked up 3 1602's to get started, and then a DC card with the starter package.

Now if I could figure out what I need to get DMX integrated, without breaking the bank!

• 1 month later...

If anyone needs 16 channel sequences I have three I can share. I have "All I want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey, "Winter Wonderland" by Phantom Planet, and "Fleurs Du Mal (instrumental)" by Sarah Brightman.

Did you have any luck fininding this? it is a beautiful song!

Ill bite, you can send them to anniesmith116@gmail.com

Thanks much

If you aren't familiar with Sarah Brightman's music here is a link to the YouTube music video of Fleurs Du Mal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5pIC2MIelQ

If you are still interested in picking up a copy of my sequences, I've left a link (below). Included with the sequences is also my visualizer set up in case that helps you rearrange the channels to fit your show.

3 Free Sequences --->

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B84p_Mf4_7m8eGxMcERoVnA2d0E <--- 3 Free Sequences

Edited by JF1993

If I could get this, that would be EXCELLENT!!! I am setting up my first display this year because I want to spice up the neigborhood, and want to get as many songs together in a playlist as possible!

My email (no joke) is emailformycouponsandjunk@gmail.com, I use this because my personal one is too confidential for posting on the web. If you could send me the songs, I would be greatful!

• 1 year later...

if I need songs alan_rey18@hotmail.com

If the offer still stands, then yes please for me as well:  popejp@exemail.com.au