Light-O-Rama Forums

My 2013 Halloween Display

dollarchip7

I am going to start my own display next year (2013) for halloween... Going to go small for now at 16 channels and go to 32 then maybe 64! But I have 14 songs cued and ready for this halloween but have to save money and get a controller so not until 2013 and I'll possibly do a 4th of July show to! My show in order will be:

1) Sandstorm

2) THX Robot

3) I Gotta Feelin'

4) Bad Romance (LOL!)

5) I Like to Move It

6) Party Rock

7) Poker Face (South Park Edit)

8) Boom Boom Pow

9) Phantom of the Opera

10)This Is Halloween (Movie Edit)

11) Enter Sandman

12) Firework

13) Vincent Price (Transition to Thriller)

different set for Thriller so have this 22 second sequence to give me time to switch LOL

14) THRILLER!

And on halloween night I'm going to have a little something special for my last 3 songs

I will be posting Visualizer recordings on my youtube account so keep a look out for the rest of those...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQPS0X1NWw

Dollar.. Welcome to the madness that is LOR.. If you put your location in your profile, we'll be able to see if there are current LOR Users in your are that may be able to help get you started.. and it's not unheard of for us to loan out a controller or two til you get started.

Thats a pretty ambitious list, but we hope you can pull it off. Just an idea.. as Halloween is but one night (unless you're going to run it several nights), and the Christmas Season is .. a month or more in length.. I'd concentrate on that, but thats just me..

Good luck and again, welcome!

• Like 1

TJ,

I could not agree with you more.

I do a Patriotic show, and ran it from Memorial day, through the 4th, and that was a long run. Many nights with few people stopping by. The week of the 4th of course, was much busier. Also, here the summer is bad, the show has to start at about 9pm, so that discourages people from stopping by.

Our Chirstmas show is packed with cars every night from the night it goes up.

Christmas Season is where I focus my time and work on. It is much longer and many more people want to come see it.

I do like the patriotic show, and it means a lot, I am just going to taper it down next year.

I have also found, as much as I want to do a lot of songs, I find that when it gets really long, most people don't stay for an hour. It also depends on your traffic and area. I am doing 30 minute shows now, and that seem just right for my traffic and neighborhood.

Good luck on your Halloween show, looks like fun (and a lot of work!)

• Like 1

Interesting playlist.

Phantom of the Opera is a song I love but which version ? My favorite is Nightwish's

• Like 1

Thanks for the support and I may cut down the playlist down to maybe half the songs and save the rest for maybe a New Years Eve show that runs from 9pm - Midnight... But the Phantom of the Opera version I am using is

Instead of pointing a video Camera at the screen you can use screen recorders which record high quality

See this thread: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/19920-record-visualizer/page__hl__+screen%20+recording#entry195024

My computer won't run the visualizer and recorder at the same time it making the visualizer go to only 11fps or less and the video turns out bad trust me I've looked into mostly all the low end screen recorders my computer is a 2.1GHz single core piece of junk

If you stream your visualizer to another computer it is quite possible if you want to do this look at Jeff Millards instructions in his checklist thread.

If you stream your visualizer to another computer it is quite possible if you want to do this look at Jeff Millards instructions in his checklist thread.

Can you PM me the link to this post?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Well this school year like every other we have a school wide hallway design competition for all the classes at Forest High and this year I want to use LOR for this (picture of it is my profile pic) but we have no money in the budget but if you live in Ocala and have an extra controller lying around and would let me borrow it for this month I would love that! And this would get me an A cuz we get graded... but I would love a controller even for 2 weeks and I promise you it'll come back looking like it did when you gave it to me and I keep my promises...

Thanks