Light-O-Rama Forums

St. Louis Area Christmas Light Enthusiasts

cmoore60

We had a planning meeting and are working on details to have SLAM. We are examining and looking at dates. Our time frame is May/June.

More will be coming available shortly. Check back for more information.

Feel free to send me an private message if you have additional questions.

• 4 weeks later...

The date has been set for SLAM, June 2, 2012. We plan to have a great time with our old friends. If you have something that you have created for your display and would like to share with everyone, bring it along. Please let us know what it is you would like to share and we will put you on the schedule. Plan to mainly be an event of sharing ideas. Some that have worked in the area of RGB lighting will be presenting their projects.

If you would like to come drop me a private message. We should have a website up soon with information.

Chuck Moore

Chuck,

Do you have an idea of times? I'd love to come again, but that's a busy weekend for me. If the times work out, I'll definitely at least stop by!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SLAM is less than 3 weeks away. I am so excited! This will be my first time meeting LOR users face-to-face.

I don't know what the ratio of newbies to old-timers will be, but this is only my second year, so I am very much a newbie.

I look forward to learning as much as possible. I'd like to ask that people bring as many examples of how they do things and and different small things they use as possible. I am interested in how everyone does everything.... even just little things like how you mark the different colors of superstrings.

I plan on bringing a sample of the system I developed for hanging superstrings on the roof, and how I secure props in the yard, my radio sign, etc.

And if anyone has anything in particular that they would like to swap or buy, let me know - I have bought a ton of things and may have extra.

I look forward to meeting everyone!!

For all those that have registered for SLAM.

You should be receiving an email in the next few days. Probably no later than Tuesday 5/22 this email will privide you with directions to the location we will hold the event. For those that have attended in the past, same location.

We wish to stress show and tell time. If you have a prop, or something you do for your display that you think will be useful, no matter how large or small for other people in our hobby. Please come prepared to share.

We will also host a swap meet. Bring items that you are willing to sell, trade or just give away. NOTE: if you bring it and it is not taken by another decorator. You must take it back. We do not want to be a disposal for your stuff.

Looking forward to seeing you all on 6/2

Chuck Moore

Man I wish I could come!!! I have a previous engagement already that weekend. Maybe next year.

I'm Looking forward to my first Mini, I should be able to fill my van with swap meet items so come ready to trade or buy. look forward to seeing all of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost time for SLAM! We have 22 people registered from every direction. I wish I didnt have to work Thursday so I could get ready.

We have a lot of RGB stuff to demo, Plus another generous vendor has provided a door prize.
winkelbottoms.com has gifted someone $50

We had a great turnout and lots of good sharing.
There were several prototype RGB matrix shown.

Thanks to John & Rhonda for hauling their framed matrix all the way from Iowa! This one also had a HUGE marquee (beta brite style) matrix for lettering which was all diy.

And to Zach from KS for his prototype 9 x 18 matrix and for explaining all about RGB stuff.

All experience levels were present and one lucky newbie won the $250 certificate from LOR to buy their very first controller.

Max-Paul wrote:

Well how was SLAM anybody? Lori?

SLAM was awesome! Chuck, Mira, and Bob did an excellent job putting this together.

There were about 17 'Lights' people there and one girl who is prodding her daddy into it this year. :)

And Zach (Mr. Pixel) was there to teach us all we need to know and more about RGB. After Zack was done teaching us how they work, BobO demonstrated his software for programming RGB matrices.

I really enjoyed getting to meet everyone and share ideas and see videos of their displays.

Max, I wish you and others would have been able to attend as well!

• The topic was locked