Light-O-Rama Forums

How-to video on using Papagayo for mouth movements

ItsMeBobO

Sorry I dont recall HC having pumpkin faces. I have a program which extracts the faces from the old animation in the config file. I will try to do it this weekend if someone can point me to the config.

Edited by ItsMeBobO

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItsMeBobO

• Shan-Man

• dito

• rjm12rjm12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not very musically inclined, so this might take me some time to do this. I am wondering if I might be a little easier for me to break the song down into smaller parts based on the singers? I can take the smaller files and stitch them together. I can also remove the instrumental sections. This might cut down on having to move sections around.

Torqumada

Yes you can do pieces at a time. I print the lyrics. Using a audio editor I take one line or one verse at a time (cut off all before and after and make a copy). import into Papaguyo and do the necessary adjustments (important: adjust the beginning and end points BEFORE fixing the movements). Save and import into into Bob's converter then paste into LOR. Same for next piece etc. with a little practice it gets prety easy, thanks to the great work of Bob.

• 5 weeks later...

Bob, I appreciate the work you have done with the tutorials on Papagayo, but it's just not getting through my thick head. There is good news, though. I've been messing with the singing sequences that I have purchased from Holiday coro so much to fit them in my current light sequences, that I have picked up how to manually input the mouth animations. I'm currently working on Rob Zombie's version of "Boogie Man." I'm making what seems to be quick progress on it and am about 75% or so done. It might or might not take longer than using Papagayo, but I'm getting the work done. Thanks again for your work.

Torqumada

Need a little help here. I cant get the PapagayoToLOR program to launch without giving me the following error........

proph.png

Im also having major issues with words being deleted from the end of the song by the time I work my way down to them. I already cut the songs into 3 different 1 min sections. Do I need to cut it down even further for Papagayo to handle it correctly.

OK so moving right along :P I went and got the original installer of Papagayo off the net. Version1.2 I think. Installed it then took the contents of the mod zip folder from the above link and replaced all the contents of the original install program file in C:programfiles with the mod files. Tried launching the papagayo to LOR sofware again and woohooo this time it loaded. So one step closer to the edge I labeled the mouth movements 1-5 then went to load papagayo exported voice and get the following error...............

norow.png

What in the world does that mean? Help Please. :o

It must be getting close to Halloween ! Sorry Papagayo is old and finicky. Maybe someone here who knows Python can fix it.

I did mange to correct two bugs in my program. PapagayoToLOR.exe Now will

show picture set without Parameter is not valid box (Todd)

Tell you when your input is empty. (Harrison)

http://itsmebob.com/SD.html v 1.0.2.0

It must be getting close to Halloween ! Sorry Papagayo is old and finicky. Maybe someone here who knows Python can fix it.

I did mange to correct two bugs in my program. PapagayoToLOR.exe Now will

show picture set without Parameter is not valid box (Todd)

Tell you when your input is empty. (Harrison)

http://itsmebob.com/SD.html v 1.0.2.0

Thanks for the help Bob but I truly have no idea what tell you when your input is empty means?

I just started all over in shear frustration and now I get the following error. How are people getting this to work? I have never had so much trouble with anything in my entire life. Any help would be greatly appreciated............

lorcrap.png

In your picture, just below the message box, it says no data found. Which means, the file name you selected has nothing to convert in it.

In papagayo, select a voice which has some words in it then export. If you want to open the file you just created with notepad and see it should have some numbers ( the frame at 25FPS) and phenome names.

For some reason it is empty and the converter program is not liking that. But I assure you when you give it some input data it will work to create a clipboard.

Hold the phone I got it to work!

I have spent approximately the last 8 hours of my life trying to get this to work correctly. Well I watched a movie and took a nap and went to the store but anyway. It ended up being the text I was entering. You were not kidding when you said Papagayo is old and finicky Bob. There were about 15 lines of text in the spoken text window that were not aligned all the way to the left. In other words each sentence had a space or two of nothing before each line started. It picked up the phonetic breakdown fine and moved the words to the waveform butttttttttttttttttt it was not picking them up correctly when I attempted to export the voice. I simply aligned the justification to the left for all words and bam! It worked like a charm. I'm on my way now!

Thanks for a great tool. I was not even going to attempt sequencing faces without it.

I%20got%20it.PNG

Thanks for the video. I just spent a couple of hours in Papagayo and using your converter (all works like a charm, BTW, Thanks!) and learning some of the idiosyncrasies of the program by trial and error before finding the video. This is a TON easier than hand sequencing singing mouths like I did last year. I'd say I spent 16+ hours per song last year and just did 90% of the work on "This is Halloween" in about an hour! The one thing that is a little nicer about my hand sequenced pieces, though, is that I built most of the phonemes with ramps before and after so the animation looks more fluid. I was wondering, BobO, oh master of clipboard manipulation, if there might be any interest in a "blur sequence" app? You would copy a regular on-off sequence to the clipboard, switch to the blur app, put in a blur amount, say .2 secs, the app would replace the first and last .2 seconds of each "on" and replace them with ramps up and down, then the new clip is pasted back into LOR. I'm sure it's a much bigger task than what I'm imagining, but it’s the kind of feature I'd be willing to pay for... as I will the converter if you decide to charge for it after the evaluation period is up. Thanks so much for the incredible work!

Just wanted to reiterate what a great tool this is! I just completed the lip sync for "This is Halloween" (which is very complex and lyric-heavy) in about 4 hours. I can only imagine it would have taken 25-30 hours without Papagayo and BobO's converter. I decided to map all the voices to one face, figuring it would be pretty simple to move completed sections in LOR to other faces later. One trick I learned by trial and error that’s not covered in the video, if you want to redefine the phonemes for a word that's already been broken down you can right-click on it and a dialog will pop-up with the current break down and you can replace it. I also figured out that it can be easiest to work from the end of the song forward since all the phonemes are stacked up toward the front, working from the back gives you some elbow room to move phrases and words around without interference. Thanks again!

Oh, if anybody is interested in my Pumpkin mouth shapes for Papagayo, I have shared them here. This is what my pumpkin looks like. He uses 8 channels: one for the outline, nose and upper eye, one for the lower eye, one for the top lip, three for three lower lip shapes, one for a small "oh" (or "u"), and one for a large "oh". I am willing to share my Papagayo files as well, but it'd mean figuring out exactly where the song was clipped so that you could duplicate my wav files... which I'll do, but only if there's interest.

I've got a question on papagayo. I have used it now a few times to make some sequences. What I was wondering is if there is a way to remove some of the mouth movements. They always seem to have a few more than I would like. Sometimes it looks like too much. What I have noticed is that it usually revolves around the "etc" phenom. Any suggestions on what I can do, or is that just how it is. Thanks.

Yeah, in Papagayo just right-click on the phonemes you dont want and they'll disappear. Note that it looks like the later phonemes move when you do this, but they are just restaggering, not really moving. If its a word that is used over and over in your sequence you can open the dictionary file and edit it there, then re-breakdown... But be aware that means redoing any alignment you've already done.