Light-O-Rama Forums

How-to video on using Papagayo for mouth movements

ItsMeBobO

Load the clipboard you just created. Button on the left to load. Then select that name you just loaded. Set your timings to .04 Then you paste into the first column.
Usually you paste into the first channel that is part of the mouth, but it depends on what you entered into Papagayo to LOR program.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItsMeBobO

• Shan-Man

• dito

• rjm12rjm12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks again for all the help! getting closer. I've got everything up to here:
exported to clipboard
new musical sequence with .04 timing
loaded clipboard
clicked/selected my saved clipboard
here's where i get stuck. i 've tried selecting just cell 1:1, the entire column, row, several rows and can't seem to paste it in anywhere. i always get "invalid start centisecond (-7250)

PS, where can i donate/contribute for your help with Papagayo and Bob's Tools?

so i tried "trim leading space first" and exported. that seemed to work, but now i have the sequence at just longer than one minute while the song length is almost 5 minutes. What did I do wrong?
120516.JPG

i figured it out, paste by time. but since i created it at 24fps, and tried converting to 25fps it doesnt seem to be working correctly. am i SOL or is there something i'm missing to convert 24fps to 25fps in Papagayo?

Sorry Pagagayo does not handle changing from 24 to 25 fps as easily as I thought. (not my program!)

Slightly better than SOL is the best I can figure out. While it does let you change the fps..it does not retain it or convert the frames to the new rate.
My suggestion is to edit the .pgo file using notepad. Change only line 3 from 24 to 25.
Then you must slide ALL the phrases over to line them up again. Once you are completely satisfied with the song you can export it.

In my program Pagagayo to LOR, do not use the trim leading option. That is used if you are working the 2nd or 3rd section of a long song you split up.
When you are exporting the entire song or the first section, trim box should not be checked.

Use the paste by cell option in SE. Do you have an animation drawn in SE to verify the mouth is moving? Are your mouth channels 1-5 on unit 2? Normally people label them to id them properly when you make adjustments?

• 4 weeks later...

Can't get it to work in Win7. Just dragged files into a folder. Different way to make it work?

• 4 weeks later...

I too can not get PapatoLOR to work in win 7. When I run the executable, I get a dialogue box that labeled "Unable to find INI file" and the error inside the box states "The INI can not be written to the mouth folder. This program must close" and I click "OK" and it closes. What can I do Bob?

This program was QD quick and dirty. At the time I thought people may want to share their mouth settings. i can change it to registry pretty quickly. that is after kids are in bed.

Can't get it to work in Win7. Just dragged files into a folder. Different way to make it work?

Hi Robert

Which program could you not get to work. The public program Papagayo or my tool program PapagayoToLOR? My program should give you an error message box if there is a problem.

Do you mean dragged the unzipped Papagayo files into a folder? Please remember that program is OLD (before vista) and not written by me. Its public source written in a language called Python.

You may need to grant all permissions to the MOUTH folder which is under the program files in the directory structure.

I too can not get PapatoLOR to work in win 7. When I run the executable, I get a dialogue box that labeled "Unable to find INI file" and the error inside the box states "The INI can not be written to the mouth folder. This program must close" and I click "OK" and it closes. What can I do Bob?

At work I was reading on a phone size screen so I didnt catch it all. Presuming you have Papagayo installed. You will have a mouth folder under the exe. Grant the windows user write permission to that folder. FYI I am guessing you have not run the Papagayo program yet as it would also need authority to that folder.

At work I was reading on a phone size screen so I didnt catch it all. Presuming you have Papagayo installed. You will have a mouth folder under the exe. Grant the windows user write permission to that folder. FYI I am guessing you have not run the Papagayo program yet as it would also need authority to that folder.

I had been running Papagayo for a while now and have been creating .dat files. Being that I am an administrator on this computer I had only checked the permisions for me. I went to the "users" permissions and added write permission and that seems to have corrected the problem. Thank you for the help and for your sharing of your convertor.

Ken

Hi Robert

Which program could you not get to work. The public program Papagayo or my tool program PapagayoToLOR? My program should give you an error message box if there is a problem.

Do you mean dragged the unzipped Papagayo files into a folder? Please remember that program is OLD (before vista) and not written by me. Its public source written in a language called Python.

You may need to grant all permissions to the MOUTH folder which is under the program files in the directory structure.

Sorry Bob I didn't get back to this thread. The LOR forum NEVER tells me I have a response to my forum questions or responses.

Anyway...here is the .exe error log I get. Sorry...it's long;

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "papagayo.py", line 37, in ?

File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7700, in __init__

File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7352, in _BootstrapApp

File "papagayo.py", line 29, in OnInit

File "LipsyncFrame.pyo", line 359, in __init__

File "LipsyncFrame.pyo", line 461, in __set_properties

File "wx\_controls.pyo", line 3902, in Realize

wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed in ..\..\src\msw\tbar95.cpp(669): invalid tool button bitmap

wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed in ..\..\src\msw\tbar95.cpp(669): invalid tool button bitmap

papagayo = LipsyncApp(0)

self.mainFrame = LipsyncFrame(None, -1, "")

File "C:\Users\Burtonr\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Papagayo\LipsyncFrame.py", line 359, in __init__

self.__set_properties()

File "C:\Users\Burtonr\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Papagayo\LipsyncFrame.py", line 461, in __set_properties

self.mainFrame_toolbar.Realize()

papagayo = LipsyncApp(0)

File "C:\Users\Burtonr\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Papagayo\LipsyncFrame.py", line 359, in __init__

self.__set_properties()

File "C:\Users\Burtonr\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Papagayo\LipsyncFrame.py", line 461, in __set_properties

papagayo = LipsyncApp(0)

self.__set_properties()

papagayo = LipsyncApp(0)

self.__set_properties()

papagayo = LipsyncApp(0)

self.__set_properties()

papagayo = LipsyncApp(0)

self.__set_properties()

This error is definitely from Python so its not from the program I have posted. In another post I just saw that Tim Fischer know python. I have not worked with that computer language. Maybe we can get his attention for some help. The Papagayo program works fine for me so I am thinking that its an install problem. All I did was extract all the files into the Program files (x86) folder. You will also need to be sure that the data files it creates under the exe have all permissions granted.

This error is definitely from Python so its not from the program I have posted. In another post I just saw that Tim Fischer know python. I have not worked with that computer language. Maybe we can get his attention for some help. The Papagayo program works fine for me so I am thinking that its an install problem. All I did was extract all the files into the Program files (x86) folder. You will also need to be sure that the data files it creates under the exe have all permissions granted.

Thanks for the response.

I may not be doing something right on my end. I took it from the zip folder and put in all in a folder under my documents. After reading your post, I moved it to the x86 folder. It did say something about permissions, but allowed me to continue. Still no joy :-(

I think I missed something... I have installed the Papagayo program and created the voice file (.dat). I load the exported voice file in the Papagayo To LOR program.

What values are expected in the channel configuration? I tried using the unit and channel number (example: "02.1", "02.2", "02.3" ). It took the values and allowed me to export the voice to a LOR clipboard.

When I load and paste from the new clipboard in Sequence Editor, it is blank.

I think I missed something... I have installed the Papagayo program and created the voice file (.dat). I load the exported voice file in the Papagayo To LOR program.

What values are expected in the channel configuration? I tried using the unit and channel number (example: "02.1", "02.2", "02.3" ). It took the values and allowed me to export the voice to a LOR clipboard.

When I load and paste from the new clipboard in Sequence Editor, it is blank.

I found the info in another post. The program works great! I have created mouth images from my display and loaded them into Papagayo. Bob, thanks for a great program!

I converted my MP3 to a wav format. I created several different voices for the singing parts. I have entered the text and edited since papagayo has problems with punctuation. However, when I do the breakdown, it starts at the beginning of the music and not at the start of the voices. What am I doing wrong?

Torqumada

Sounds like you are doing it right. Papagayo does not attempt to line up the words with the voices. You slide the words around to line them up. Listen to each one and move it and stretch it to the right place.

If you have a lot of dead no voice space in your song.. then you may want to edit the .wav and create a version just for Papagayo use. However.. this means you must paste the output of Papagayo to LOR into the exact right spot. Which is not that easy to do. Use the trim leading option to help with this.

Sounds like you are doing it right. Papagayo does not attempt to line up the words with the voices. You slide the words around to line them up. Listen to each one and move it and stretch it to the right place.

I'll give this a try. Do you happen to have the Holidaycoro pumpkin faces saved some place?

Torqumada