Light-O-Rama Forums

Any way to shimmer with 50% to 100% (as opposed to 0% as your base)?

ace_master

I'm sequencing a song, and I'd like to shimmer a section, but I don't want a 'full off' shimmer. I want to 'off' of the shimmer to be 50% intensity.

I know that I can use a fine time grid to scale down to small grid of 50|100|50|100|50... but last time I threw that in a sequence, it ended up lagging enough to look more like a fast twinkle than a promising shimmer when the lights were all turned on.

(Ive since then built a whole new PC. I'm just wondering if there is a fail safe way to do this effect, if I wanted to load the sequence with an older PC again).

Push that yellow star on the top right, then push that second button (custom shimmer).

That is one way to do it

lightzilla wrote:

Push that yellow star on the top right, then push that second button (custom shimmer).
That is one way to do it

Thanks, however that will only allow me to do a shimmer at 50% OR 100%... I'm trying to do an alternating shimmer between 50 and 100.

Tried playing with 'background' and 'foreground' buttons and reapplying, but a shimmer of 50% applied to a shimmer of 100% just seemed to cancel out the shimmer at 100%

I have a feeling that there is no way to do it without making a fine time grid.

Sorry I just noticed that.

I just did the star thing, & then I pushed the select button & then I did the star thing and it worked that way

50% the 100% then 50%

lightzilla wrote:

I just did the star thing, & then I pushed the select button & then I did the star thing and it worked that way

50% the 100% then 50%
The way I go from a 50% shimmer to a 100% shimmer is..... I do a fade a 50% shimmer up & then say a 8 second long 50% shimmer, then I make a fade up to 100% shimmer.....now where it look like a 50% shimmer on that fade up to 100% I cut off that spot and add it to to 50% shimmer, then I add 100% shimmer after that.

I can send you a sequence to show you what I mean.

lightzilla wrote:

lightzilla wrote:

50% the 100% then 50%
The way I go from a 50% shimmer to a 100% shimmer is..... I  do a fade a 50% shimmer up & then say a 8 second long 50% shimmer, then I make a fade up to 100% shimmer.....now where it look like a 50% shimmer on that fade up to 100% I cut off that spot and add it to to 50% shimmer, then I add 100% shimmer after that.

Brilliant.

lightzilla wrote:

lightzilla wrote:

50% the 100% then 50%
The way I go from a 50% shimmer to a 100% shimmer is..... I do a fade a 50% shimmer up & then say a 8 second long 50% shimmer, then I make a fade up to 100% shimmer.....now where it look like a 50% shimmer on that fade up to 100% I cut off that spot and add it to to 50% shimmer, then I add 100% shimmer after that.

I responded to your email, unfortunately this is not what I'm trying to do... I'm aware of shimmer ramps and intensities. I'm just looking for a way to modify the shimmer to allow a shimmer with properties like this:
(50% | 100% | 50% | 100% | 50% | 100% | 50% | 100% | 50% | 100%)

instead of the basic shimmer of:
(0% | 50% | 0% | 50% | 0% | 50% | 0% | 50% | 0% | 50%)

I've come to the conclusion that there is no way to do this without using an ultra fine time grid and setting ON intensities of 50|100|50|100|50|100 for the duration of the 'shimmer'...

I think I know what you want

you want it to do the shimmer effect but want it to alternate between 100% and 50% power if so

change you timming grid to 0.05 seconds and every other slot put in the 100% and the opposite for the 50% you could also do

100|50|90|55|100|70|95|65|100 to create a flame flickering effect