Light-O-Rama Forums

Channels Flickering at Intensity

TaylorFox

Hi everyone, I've been using Light-O-Rama for about five years now and this is the weirdest issue I've seen thus far. For one of my sequences the lights on my house stay on at 30% intensity for the entire song and an animation takes place on several Christmas trees in my yard. I've never had a problem with this sequence, but this year I've noticed that the lights on the house that are at intensity flicker every so often. Anyone have any idea what this might be from? Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas everyone!

-Taylor

If they are leds, you may need snubbers. There are quite a few recent threads you'll want to look for in the newbie section. Not sure about your 30% issue going though.

There are 12 channels on the house and 16 channels on the mega tree that are at 30% intensity, and I'm running all incandescent strands. It's just weird that this is happening because I've never had this issue in the past

I would try to unhook the controllers from the network and see if they still flicker,if so than the controllers may need reset. if they stop flickering than maybe the cat-5 is corroded causing interference

You know, a controller reset cost nothing and is relatively quick to do. And have seen a good number of people who have had strange stuff happen, that a controller reset has cleared up. How about trying this out and let us know if that takes care of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Any CFL (compact Floresent Lamps) being used this year that were not used last year. These do not necessarily have to be used in your display, but in your house anywhere. It has been know that these can cause issues.

Chuck

Yeah guys, sorry I haven't provided an update on the issue. The holidays hit with such intensity that it slipped my mind to reply. A reset of all the controllers actually corrected the issue. Such a simple fix! Thanks everyone for your help :)