Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Stopper

trafficman

Randell Roberts display I fell in love with early on. He allowed me to display it. Never knew it would cost this much. Added a few extra songs and I have 21-LOR PC and 150,000 lights. Mega Tree is 30 feet tall with 64 channels and a 4 string rotation. Arches are 6 channels. Roof has over 10,000 lights. 10 little tree's outline the walkway and the 5 tree's on the right are 11 feet tall with 14 channels each. Here are the links I posted on Vimeo. Enjoy..

I used a tower.. Bought pipe and concrete and set it 6 feet deep. Then I set the tower inside the pipes and drilled a hole in each one. Used a quick connect pin made of stainless steel. This year I want to add a feature to help me put it up. Plus a way to raise and lower lights for repair. I was using the black box but sometimes It will feed back to other lights when I hit the button. I will get some pictures and post soon.

Jeff

Here are several pics I have. Had to trim pine tree because the Mega tree was being blocked.

Attached files 293138=16170-IMG00445-20111029-0914.jpg

This Display is awesome! I really love the scale. Where are you filming from in the video? Looks like your up on a hill. I wish I had a yard this size to work with. What are the groups of lights on the roof? Snowflakes?

Yes.. I got a bucket truck from Corbett Electrical and filmed across the road. They are snow flakes on the roof to help with any dead time as needed. Has a small tree that blocked a little of the mega tree but not to much. Glory Glory is one of the best songs becuase it will highlight the nativity scene with the beam for the star.

I really like the beam from the star. May be "borrowing" that idea for next year. I am doing something similar to that for next halloween. I am creating lightning bolts from my roof to the ground. Did you have the power company come in and drop you more power for this time of year? We use to have to do that in NY for our Halloween Show...its nuts lol.