Light-O-Rama Forums

2012 MITS PreSale

JacobJDell

jimswinder wrote:

MikeA wrote:
Prices here are quite a bit cheaper than CDI's.
The fact that Jacob only has 6 (5 in this topic alone)posts in this forum worries me a little.
Who had used his lights before? And for how many years have you been importing these led's?
Seems that CDI has a spotless record here.
I ordered from them last year...it was their first year dealing with Christmas Lights..they had their bumps, but I would order from them again...

Don't be concerned with Jacobs post count....

Reason I was concerned with post count is we stick together here and I did not want to give my money to some who swoops in and takes it. I remember reading a thread where this happened last year. Quality and customer service was horrible from what I remember (not Jacob). So I wanted some feed back.

Like I said CDI has a great record but Jacob's prices I like.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JacobJDell

• Crazydave

• imawlkr2

• friskybri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also wound up ordering from MITS last year, despite the fiasco with the pre-sale. Everyone who was here knows they learned a lot in their first go at it, but I must have missed the thread about MITS swooping in and screwing somebody, so I'd be grateful to see that link posted. (Either that or maybe a person should have such a link before running around blowing monkeys out their butt.)

As for quality, the lights are the exact same quality as many people here are used to because they come from the same factory as CDI has used the last couple of years. It took a bit longer than originally promised, but I received the exact order I placed, and got them in plenty of time to use them, and those in use are all working perfectly.

Order from whomever you feel the most comfortable. Ask as many questions as you need to. But how about we stick to firsthand experience, eh?

George Simmons wrote:

I also wound up ordering from MITS last year, despite the fiasco with the pre-sale.  Everyone who was here knows they learned a lot in their first go at it, but I must have missed the thread about MITS swooping in and screwing somebody, so I'd be grateful to see that link posted.  (Either that or maybe a person should have such a link before running around blowing monkeys out their butt.)

As for quality, the lights are the exact same quality as many people here are used to because they come from the same factory as CDI has used the last couple of years.  It took a bit longer than originally promised, but I received the exact order I placed, and got them in plenty of time to use them, and those in use are all working perfectly. 

Order from whomever you feel the most comfortable.  Ask as many questions as you need to.  But how about we stick to firsthand experience, eh?

It was not MITS that I remember note I posted (not Jacob)?? Please read before responding.

MikeA wrote:

It was not MITS that I remember note I posted (not Jacob)?? Please read before responding.
Possibly Travis?

MikeA wrote:

Pardon me if I mis-construed your words. You said, in a thread specifically regarding MITS, "I remember reading a thread where this happened last year." I took that to mean you were referring to something that supposedly happened last year, and I was aware of no such occurence. Perhaps had you worded that differently, "I remember last year reading a thread..." or I remember last year reading about someone doing this in the past".

And it was Jacob's partner, "not Jacob", who didn't seem to have his act together. I didn't know what you meant was "not MITS" because you didn't say that. My apologies.

George Simmons wrote:

MikeA wrote:

Pardon me if I mis-construed your words.  You said, in a thread specifically regarding MITS, "I remember reading a thread where this happened last year."  I took that to mean you were referring to something that supposedly happened last year, and I was aware of no such occurence.  Perhaps had you worded that differently, "I remember last year reading a thread..." or I remember last year reading about someone doing this in the past". 

And it was Jacob's partner, "not Jacob", who didn't seem to have his act together.  I didn't know what you meant was "not MITS" because you didn't say that.  My apologies.

"I remember reading a thread where this happened last year. Quality and customer service was horrible from what I remember (not Jacob)"

That's exactly what I said. How the heck else did you want me to word it?

For full disclosure we did have issues last year:
1) Delivery timeline was much slower than we planned (some got delayed into late summer)
2) Processing by the strand orders caused issues (box size, count, etc)
3) FedEx was a system we needed to figure out
The good news is that we are way down the learning curve on these and have a system in place to get the product moving much faster with better track ability online. We implemented the new system this Fall and have been able to get things out same day after orders come in. I know it is a leap of faith to try out a new vendor, and we really appreciated all the folks that took the plunge last year.
Looking at this year’s feedback from many of the buyers was “we understand you had issues and things were slow, but the lights are great and perform as expected, will you do one again next year?” Although here are always unexpected things that come up, I am confident we are much better equipped to handle the movement of product in 2012.

Jacob J Dell

MikeA wrote:

The fact that Jacob only has 6 (5 in this topic alone)posts in this forum worries me a little.
Who had used his lights before? And for how many years have you been importing these led's?

Spotless? I think not.:D

Though many praise them and will only order from them.

Certainly glad to see MITS doing this again. Thank you!!

Guest Don Gillespie

JacobJDell wrote:

1) Delivery timeline was much slower than we planned (some got delayed into late summer)
The good news is that we are way down the learning curve on these and have a system in place to get the product moving much faster with better track ability online. We implemented the new system this Fall and have been able to get things out same day after orders come in. I know it is a leap of faith to try out a new vendor, and we really appreciated all the folks that took the plunge last year.
Looking at this year’s feedback from many of the buyers was “we understand you had issues and things were slow, but the lights are great and perform as expected, will you do one again next year?” Although here are always unexpected things that come up, I am confident we are much better equipped to handle the movement of product in 2012.

Jacob J Dell

Jacob never ordered with you before, can you tell me what your terms are IE: 50% down now and the rest before they are shipped to me? just want to be informed of your terms thanks

MikeA wrote:

If you think CDI has a spotless record, ask some of the people that bought lights from him a few years back, they all had to be returned due to them starting on fire.

MikeA wrote:

Since your only about 20 miles from Paul, I would think you would go see him about his lights.

Don Gillespie wrote:

JacobJDell wrote:

Jacob J Dell

Jacob never ordered with you before, can you tell me what your terms are IE: 50% down now and the rest before they are shipped to me? just want to be informed of your terms thanks

I was interested in the same thing Jacob, is there a discount like last year for payment in full? Also have you got the case prices yet? I am interested in the C6

bdeditch wrote:

MikeA wrote:

Since your only about 20 miles from Paul, I would think you would go see him about his lights.

This will probably be the deciding factor for me. I like to keep money local but either way it's going to China.

Fire huh, that sucks.

We will be doing 60%/40% like last year and are working on the discount package for 100% prepaid, but it will be in the 5% area.

i ordered from mits last year... prices were great, not having to buy case quantities was even better!! i dont know what the timeframe was for getting the shipments, however i was way late in opening my boxes and inspecting my order, but when i did, there were ZERO issues, every strand worked, and my order was 100% complete.

so i will definately be ordering from them again!

hope this helps.

MikeA wrote:

bdeditch wrote:
MikeA wrote:

This will probably be the deciding factor for me. I like to keep money local but either way it's going to China.

Fire huh, that sucks.

One thing I will not do is blame Paul for this, I cannot see him doing anything like this, it was the manufacturer of the lights, but of course blame is put on him.

I too ordered from Jacob...aside from one of my Green Strings not having a bulb covering on 1 of the lights, out of some 80 strings, everything was great! Any chance of you dabbling with C7 Dimmable replacement bulbs??

George Simmons wrote:

I also wound up ordering from MITS last year, despite the fiasco with the pre-sale. Everyone who was here knows they learned a lot in their first go at it, but I must have missed the thread about MITS swooping in and screwing somebody, so I'd be grateful to see that link posted. (Either that or maybe a person should have such a link before running around blowing monkeys out their butt.)

As for quality, the lights are the exact same quality as many people here are used to because they come from the same factory as CDI has used the last couple of years. It took a bit longer than originally promised, but I received the exact order I placed, and got them in plenty of time to use them, and those in use are all working perfectly.

Order from whomever you feel the most comfortable. Ask as many questions as you need to. But how about we stick to firsthand experience, eh?

I agree George, and for a first year, you have to expect a few problems, but I am sure Jacob has everything figured out and things will be good.

My main question on all this is what is the going rate for your shipping. I have heard that is where you charge more then most and then the price difference between you and CDI becomes equal?