Light-O-Rama Forums

1602 not dimming correctly...

jbzeus

I have a 1602 that I'm using. This is it's second year. I created a simple sequence to cycle through four colors on my bushes and gutters.
C-9s on the gutter, incan minis on the bushes. Bushes fade on and off nicely.

The C9's snap on and off and there is some flicker near the beginning and end of the snap on and off. It seems they are not fading properly. I checked the fades in the sequencer and they appear to be 0-100 full fade in and outs.

I started the sequence from another I had created just removing all the commands for the lights then adding the simple fades. I first saved it as a lms file by accident. Thought that may be my issue. Nope, las file does the same thing.

Anyone have any thoughts? Tonight I noticed there were some oops in the C9s in the song but now I'll have to watch a little closer as I suspect there are some fades not working properly (Mostly fast fades in the song)

Guest Don Gillespie

jbzeus wrote:

I have a 1602 that I'm using. This is it's second year. I created a simple sequence to cycle through four colors on my bushes and gutters.
C-9s on the gutter, incan minis on the bushes. Bushes fade on and off nicely.

The C9's snap on and off and there is some flicker near the beginning and end of the snap on and off. It seems they are not fading properly. I checked the fades in the sequencer and they appear to be 0-100 full fade in and outs.

I started the sequence from another I had created just removing all the commands for the lights then adding the simple fades. I first saved it as a lms file by accident. Thought that may be my issue. Nope, las file does the same thing.

Anyone have any thoughts? Tonight I noticed there were some oops in the C9s in the song but now I'll have to watch a little closer as I suspect there are some fades not working properly (Mostly fast fades in the song)

Are your C9s full wave or half wave?

The C9s are incandescent not LED. Will try to connect to another like controller this weekend and see if that controller does the same thing.

• 10 months later...

Did you ever find out the resolution with this ? I have my talking faces hooked up to my 1602 gen3's, and 1 face fades, the other two do not, and cannot figure out why!!

• 1 month later...

Go into HWU, and find your 1602 controller. Go to advanced configuration, and make sure all the channels are set to LOR Standard and make sure you update the unit's config to accept the changes. This is what fixed my problem. It's important to note that you should make sure your lights are dimmable, both the fixture they're in as well as the bulb/led. If it's a setting problem, this should be your solution.

Hope this helps :) :)