Light-O-Rama Forums

Not sure if its software or controller Problem

bdeditch

OK running S3, using 6 controllers, 4 @ 1602W's and 2 @ PC CTB16PC. Last night my wife got home late in the evening, about an 1-1/2 hours after showed ended and said some of the lights were still on, I thought she meant some of the one's that were hooked up to timers, I told her I would look at them in the morning. Got up and notice one channel from the 1602 and a bunch on the CTB16PC were on. I went to where I have the computer to run the show, using Windows XP, and rebooted and lights went off. I do have some of the Cat 5 cables close to the supply power cords, but can't she only one channel on one and a bunch on the other been caused by this. Any suggestions or trouble shooting tips?

Last year I had the same type of issue. What I did was create a short 10 second sequence with all channels off. I created a new show called AllOff and then set the show scheduler to play the show with the AllOff sequence every 30 minutes(outside of the normal show times of course).

You know.... I came home tonight from work to have a similar problem. I noticed last night that a channel was stuck on the mega tree. I went and disabled the show, then started it again. Worked fine. Came home tonight from work...same thing was happening on just about every song. Different channels too. Didn't have this issue last year. Yes. It rained almost all day today...but was dry last night. We had snow last year (in Atlanta on Christmas Eve!) and the show ran great.

I have 11 controllers running on a XP computer. Mixture of PC16 and 16D boards. Watched channels stick on both.

Ask the initial question that was asked at the first plus even push it further. Is it S3 (running the newest update and latest firmware) or is it the controller? Wanted to video tonight...but not with this many "sticks" happening. :(

When you created your show. What is the status of the check mark that states "Turn lights off at the end of each sequence"?

There is such a box for animated sequences as well as musical sequences.

Chuck

BTW, not the same channel sticking on either. Sometimes a single channel. Sometimes multiple. Mine will go off with the end of the show as well.

I honestly think though these 2 issues are related (beginning of the thread).

When I got home I checked my show editor, and I did not have the box checked for "Shut lights off". I am sure that was the problem.