Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Instant Sequence questions

awardblvr

In the Instant Sequence dialog box click on the Timing Map button. In the Timing Map dialog box make sure there are some frequencies set for all of the rows you are sequencing.

If that is not the problem post to this thread again.

I tried doing instant sequence with your visualization and it seemed to work Ok on my end. 

But what is strange is that when I use your visualization I only have 9 rows, and yet your timing map screen shot shows 24 rows enabled.

Could you show a screen shot of the screen and the instant sequence dialog box?

Thank you for the screen shots. The visualization should have imported into only 9 rows on the green sequencing grid.

Click on the File menu and select "import visualization"

In the "Import Visualization" dialog box make sure the sequencing grid "max length" is set to 50. Also, unselect "wrap around"

Click on Ok and tell me if it imports into 9 rows.

It looks a lot better. It looks like you have "maximum detection lines" set to 9. Reduce that to something like 4 and then it will put more of your roofline lights on the same row. Its a matter of preference, you may like it better the way it is.

Does anyone know how to change the default location in Superstar that the Instant Sequencer looks for? I had to move my LOR files on my hard drive due to an issue I was having and now when I got to try to create an Instant sequence, I get the error below that it can't find the file. This is the old location. I have gotten all the other applications squared away but I just can't seem to get this error taken care of. I have looked through everything I can thing of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Screenshot (4).png

• 9 months later...

For some reason, i am unable to get the fence line from sharing the same spot on the grid as one of my yard pumpkins, i tried forcing it elsewhere, but to no avail. 

fence.JPG

When using "force row/column" it only works well if you use "force row/column" for all the props. I know it can be difficult to get it set up the way you want. If you email you visualization to brian@superstarlights.com then I will take a look at it.

As Brian said, you really need to specify every single prop.  Takes a while to do it initially, but once you do, making changes is far easier because a prop will always stay in the same place unless you move it.  In the screen capture below, every prop and many fixtures within the props have specified locations on the grid.  This is my 2016 version.

SuperStar_grid.png

jerry72, I took a look at the visualization. It turns out that the "force superstar row/column" feature only works if the fixture is in a Prop. The fence line fixture is not contained in a prop so it is not working.

There are two ways to fix this, you can create a Prop and put the fence line fixture in it. Or you can add the fence line fixture to an existing prop. For example, you could add it to the tombstones prop.

Also, note that when using the "force superstar row/column" feature you must put a row/column in the prop. But it is optional to put it in the fixture. If you do not put a row/column in the fixture then it will get placed relative to the row/column that you put in the prop that contains the fixture.

Note that even when specifying the locations, sometimes it still does not come out the way you wanted.  I have three single channel (white) lights that were originally in a Prop called "Garage", with each of the three lights being it's own Fixture ("Wall", "South Garage", and "North Garage").  Even specifying the location of the Prop and the location of each fixture in the Prop still resulted in them being in the wrong order on the grid.  Finally ended up splitting the Wall light onto it's own Prop and then I was able to make it show up the way I wanted as shown below.  The three channels are in the top row, positions 9-11.  They are in the order I listed above, but SuperStar insisted in placing them as "South Garage", "North Garage", and then "Wall" until I made the second Prop.

SuperStar_grid.png

• 1 month later...

Not a question, more a comment, when using Instant sequence, a few of my props would not come on, spent man hour trying to figure out why the 3 props that are white, would ,not come on, i had those props assigned to TCM3, i had custom colors set for Color, there was only 2 colors chosen, red and green, took mem an hour to figure it out, changed to RGBW by effect, now i got all props working, dont be a Jerry.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have a 16 strand pixel tree- It runs on 8 channels

What is correct layout/config settings in the tools bar

Something just doesn't seem right when a sequence plays.

Thanks