Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Instant Sequence questions

awardblvr

Superstar will reverse the strings that need to be reversed.

If for instance, your tree has 16 strings and each string is 50 pixels, as long as the number of strings and the number of pixels per strings does not change, then you can use the same sequence on the tree even if you change the direction of some of the strings.

The way to think of it is that the sequence gets played to the green sequencing grid, and then that gets applied to the lights. So you can change the direction of one or more of the strings and as long as you also change the visualization then the sequence will still look the same on the tree.

Sweet. I like it. Only thing i see that can be improved in SS is beat marks. Not sure you have had any progress in fixing those sense we last ta;ked about them.  But  all good.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to get instant sequence to recognize more than 24 rows?  I have some items above this row that I would like to utilize the instant sequence for without having to rework my visualization file.

Thanks,

Sax

Butting in here...

Brian, when selecting a string to "none" that should string should not be included in IS, correct? So, selecting all strings to none, IS would apply no effects at all, correct?

scratching the paragraph I had just typed for you

HAHA!

Brian, seems just having you on the other end made me think straight! epiphany. I was using my CCP tree with a DMX globe for the vis. That DMX globe was throwing everything off. I removed the DMX globe and everything works as I expect it to.

I was used to the odd behavior using IS on my dmx house outline but when it came to a CCP tree I expected different results. Now I know why I was not getting them.

about drove me nuts.

ps: yes, selecting all to none will provide no effects

Edited by saxon

• 2 months later...

Brian, 

Is there a way to import my Viz file that includes my mega tree, open a SUP file for the mega tree, then create an instant sequence for the rest of the fixtures and props? It would be nice to see the whole thing work as one to see if the sequences work well together. I have tried to do just this, but when i try to do an instant sequence, it wants to erase the current sequence which would be the SUP file.

I tried loading a house sequence  and the tree sequence onto the clip board then tried creating a new sequence with the full viz file, then tried to copy and paste both fromt he clip board, but for some reason when i press play, only the mega tree plays.

I'm not sure why only the mega tree plays.

But to answer your first question, I can't think of a good way to have a sequence already there and to then do Instant sequence. The problem is that an existing sequence will be at the bottom of the grid, and Instant Sequence will also be at the bottom of the grid.

Best thing I can think of is to sequence them separately, export, combine them and then play it to the Lightorama visualizer

Brian, 

How do i go about setting up SS to sequence text and pictures on a P10 Matrix setup? Each panel is 16x32 pixels, roughly 6"x12" I ma looking at puting 9 together as a reade rboard next year for show times and such. So looking at 48x96 pixels.

I don't know, it depends on how the addressing is done. Anything you can make a visualization of in the Visualizer you can import into superstar and sequence it. So the real question is, how do you make a visualization of it?

Yeah thats what i am having a hard time finding out, I do not know how these panels are addressed. I know i need to find dumb panels so i can keep the channel count at 3. My understand ing is that if i make say a 5 minute sequence showing what i want to show the audiance, i can run it as a background sequence so it will just keep replaying.

One more thing, on a matrix, when i set it up in Visualizer, i want the first pixel to be top left right? X goes horizontal and Y is vertical right?

I don't know. I have not worked with P10 panels. If pixel number one is on the top left, then that is what you would specify in the Visualizer. But it may start at the bottom left. Do you have any documentation on the P10 panels?

Brian,

For some reason, when i import my viz files, i am getting to sets of grid squares. Only one Visualization, but two grids.

Got that taken care of Biran, thnaks. Now, after trying, and looking ta samples, how the heck do i do a spiral on a 180 tree, it is 16x50.

You can do spirals around a 360 degree tree. But the only kind of spiral I know how to do on a 180 degree tree is to use the spiral smooth effect.

So how do you do a spiral on a 360 tree? I have the same tree jerry72 does,

and how you you do a nice 180 spiral using the spiral smooth effect? I have tried the smooth effect spiral, but couldn't get it to look like a standard led/nonrgb spiral tree

Edited by wmilkie