Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Instant Sequence questions

awardblvr

It is possible that there are no notes in that frequency range. Click on the Timing Map button. In the Timing map there should be some check marks showing the frequencies that are assigned to ribbon #3. Add a few more check marks to either side of what is already there and see if that fixes it.

That did the trick.  Thanks Brian.

Edited by LarryDrumAZ

I have been researching the tutorials as well as reading numerous threads/posts, but have yet to find what I'm looking for. My questions are in regard to the Superstar sequencer (and visualizer). So here goes...

Explanation first: I normally do not assign any channels to my sequences until I setup my display, then I just write down what display piece is on what channel, then update my Master Channel list, then import into my sequences. So when I setup Visualizer, there is no assigned channels, and the same thing when importing the file into Superstar. Problem is, when in Superstar, those horizontal green lines (3 or 4) are not there, and I get error messages that several items (display items) do not have any channel assignment and are grayed out, yet there a display items not grayed out and still function when I hit the play button, even though there is no assigned channel to any display piece.

I haven't been able to figure out what I am doing wrong, and is there a way to "clear" Superstar and start with a clean slate? Or do I have to have assigned channels on all display pieces in order for SS to work?

On a side note... I didn't have a show last year due to circumstances beyond my control, but in 2012 I used SS without any trouble, but I had a serious computer problem since that time and lost everything from 2012, now I can't get Superstar to work. I initially thought maybe SS is reading an old or corrupted file, but I have been unable to find any files from 2012.

Edited by jpohio

You ask if SuperStar requires channels to be assigned to the visualization, yes it does. In the visualizer, when you assign channels you are also assigning colors to those channels. SuperStar uses the channel and color information as it assigns the fixtures to the sequencing grid. Sorry, there is no way around that.

Not sure why you see some things functional even when there are no channels assigned. That shouldn't be happening. Please email your visualization file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

When you say you can't get SuperStar to work now, please list the problems you are having, things such as; it crashes when you launch it, you can't find the old sequence files, or it gives an error when trying to open a file?

You ask if SuperStar requires channels to be assigned to the visualization, yes it does. In the visualizer, when you assign channels you are also assigning colors to those channels. SuperStar uses the channel and color information as it assigns the fixtures to the sequencing grid. Sorry, there is no way around that.

Not sure why you see some things functional even when there are no channels assigned. That shouldn't be happening. Please email your visualization file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

When you say you can't get SuperStar to work now, please list the problems you are having, things such as; it crashes when you launch it, you can't find the old sequence files, or it gives an error when trying to open a file?

Brian,

I sent you an email with my visualization file.

I have not yet received an email with the visualization. Be sure you sent it to brian@superstarlights.com

That's the address I used, but I will try sending it again.

Ok, I sent it again, let me know if you got it???

Edited by jpohio

Not sure why it is not reaching me. Try sending it to:     the_spiderwebman@yahoo.com

Ok I tried sending it, let me know if you get it??? 

If you didn't get it, I will try sending it from my gmail account.

Edited by jpohio

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jerry, did you ever figure this out? 

Actually i figured out that you dont need t change the beats, just change the timing map. I upped the length of events to 9 and dropped the sensitivity to 4. I also set the sensitivity as frequency instead of volume and vice versus to find which way worked better. I found that with a song like Silent night it was better to use Volume relative then Frequency Relative because that song has almost no beat to it.

• 2 weeks later...

First year with SS and I'm enjoying it on my non CCR sequencing. 

Let's see if I can explain my issue (more than likely user error)

However, I was playing with my new arches I've been testing (E1.31 to Pixlite controller to 5 (50 pixel each) 2 universes on a single string with power injection). I created 1 arch with 50 pixels in visualizer and used the unit ID 1 (not sure I need that for E1.31) and it works perfect in SS. But I'm not sure how I can create the others since each one needs to start with pixel 1. Ideas/corrections I need to make?   

Meant to move this post into the main SS section. Sorry.

Edited by deh45678

There is a topic that is pinned to the superstar forum about how to create dmx strings in the visualizer using the dmx keyword:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/33483-superstar-dmx-keyword-for-use-in-visualizations/

In your case you can keep using the CCR arch wizard. The CCR arch wizard creates a prop fro each arch you create. Put the dmx keyword in the comment line of each arch prop. You can line up your arches in one row.

After saving the visualization;

launch superstar

click on the file menu and select "Import Visualization"

In the dialog box that appears, set the sequencing grid max length to something large such as 200. Also set "Horizontal"

Click on OK and you should see your arches in superstar and they should all be in one long sequencing row so it makes it easy to do a morph across all of your arches.

Thanks Brian!

I'll test this right away..

This should solve my issue with assigning the correct universe and pixel addresses to my controller. Huge help!

I had no issues with displaying my arches on the visualizer. That worked perfectly. Just wasn't sure how to assign the universe/pixels. Now I do.

Let you know how it goes. 

Thanks again!

Brian,

How well do the sequences you have made convert to RGB strings? I must also ask if they cna be converted how will they do on a 16 string tree versus a 12 string tree? I really want to use the God Bless the USA medley in RGB mode next year. People love that song in my show this year bot my tree is only LED.

Jerry

The "SuperStar" display is made from 12 CCRs. CCRs consist of 50 RGB pixels. Any other kind of RGB strings that have 50 pixels would work as well.

Without modification you could play a 12 string sequence to the middle 12 strings, but to use all 16 strings would require some modification. I have a utility that will stretch morphs and scenes, but it would require manually tweaking as well.

Brian, having a bit of trouble with the arches, i plan for 3 arches together using 2 50 count rgb strings across all three. In the arch wizard it asks how many segments and how many pixels. How can i go about dong this? just tell it one segment of 33 and the same for the next two? then have the first arch start with channel 1 pixel 1 then channel 1 pixel 34 then channel 1 pixel 67?

I figured it out, when i tried to save it i saved each one separately instead as one.

Edited by jerry72

The "SuperStar" display is made from 12 CCRs. CCRs consist of 50 RGB pixels. Any other kind of RGB strings that have 50 pixels would work as well.

Without modification you could play a 12 string sequence to the middle 12 strings, but to use all 16 strings would require some modification. I have a utility that will stretch morphs and scenes, but it would require manually tweaking as well.

Ok, perfect. I plan to use the RGB strings from Holiday Coro.