Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Registration question / how-to.

awardblvr

I purchased the license for Superstar (2 CCR's), but I cannot figure out how to enter the reg code.

I DID go to the regular LOR sequence editor and entered the Superstar Reg code there and it "accepted" it, or so it seems, but my Superstar module is still in "demo" mode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

After registering the license code in the LOR sequence editor, be sure to shut down the SuperStar program and launch it again. If it still says Demo mode, post again and let me know.

Same thing:

Opened Superstar
Open Sequence Ed.
Applied new reg-code to LOR Sequence Editor:Help/Upgrade/OK/Register .

Left LOR Seq Ed open, shutdown Superstar, re-started Superstar - Still in Demo mode.

Then I tried it a different way:

Opened Superstar
Open Sequence Ed.
Applied new reg-code to LOR Sequence Editor:Help/Upgrade/OK/Register .

Shutdown Seq Ed, shutdown Superstar, re-started Superstar - Still in Demo mode.

The other issue is that even though the Seq Ed "accepts" my new License code, when I bring it back up, the reg code is the one I got Wednesday to upgrade to the new S3. (Which I did D/L and install).

Thanks

-A

I doubt this is the case, but if you used the version of SuperStar before it was a part of the S3 software, make sure you are not launching that old version. The old version will have a star in the title bar in the upper left. The S3 version will have the Light-O-Rama light bulb in the upper left.

If you are indeed using the S3 SuperStar software, post again and let me know.

Sorry the license isn't working right. You can open a ticket with customer support on this and they can look into the particular license you were given.

Meanwhile, you can of course still create and save sequences, but you can't export them to the LOR Sequence Editor and play the sequence on the actual CCRs until the license is fixed.

Yeah... This is a pain... And it means somewhere some Software Quality Control got skipped. You know no one is going to resolve this until next week. I had hoped to get a couple sequences out this weekend... I HAVE the time this weekend, but probably won't thereafter.

Ug.

Thanks for dialoging anyway.

-A

The other thing to try is to uninstall S3 and make sure you have no other LOR installations, and then Install S3 again. You will want to have your two license codes saved somewhere so you can enter them again after reinstalling.

Not sure of the chances of this fixing it, but its what I would try if it was happening to me.

OK Did that, Re-started PC, Re-installed, Re-registered with new reg code. Shutdown and re-started Seq Ed... Then started up Superstar... Same thing.

Ug... Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

-A

Hello,

I notice that you say that the Sequence Editor accepts your "new" license key. You shouldn't have gotten a new one when you purchased SuperStar; rather, your existing license key should have been updated to include SuperStar.

I suspect that our license system didn't notice your old key, and so gave you a new key. One reason this might happen is if you used two different email addresses for the two different purchases - the license system matches up license requests based on email address.

Could you please send me (bob@lightorama.com) your license information? I will look into it and try to get the situation straightened out.

Thanks,

Bob

OK Problem Solved.

I had registered LOR under one e-mail address and the Superstar under another. So the registratiuon checker within LOR sequence ed needs to have that matching. Sor LOR cancelled the Superstar one under the different e-mail address and re-issued it under the identical e-mail address for LOR. Issue resolved.

LOR need better registration debug messages. And they need customers who don't use multiple e-mail addresses.