Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Licensing FAQs

bob

With the release of S5, there are some new details on licensing, so we thought we would make a post to collect various possible FAQs about it:

DOES MY LICENSE COVER S5?
Maybe! Any license that was purchased or upgraded within one year of S5's release date will work for S5.

HOW DO I KNOW IF MY LICENSE COVERS S5?
You can retrieve your license info by going to this page and entering your email address that you used to purchase the license. Then click "Retrieve". We'll then send you an email giving your license information. In that email, we will say either "This license supports S5" or "This license does NOT support S5".

Another way to check would be to go to this page and entering your email address along with the first five characters of your license key, then clicking "Check". Whether or not your license supports S5 will then be displayed on your screen (instead of being emailed to you).

WHAT IF MY LICENSE DOESN'T COVER S5?
Then in order to use S5, you will have to renew your license (or else purchase a license level upgrade or a SuperStar license - see below for details). Note: "Renewing" your license is not the same as purchasing an LOR license. Renewing will cost significantly less than you spent to buy your license in the first place.

If you purchase a license renewal (or upgrade or SuperStar license, or SuperStar upgrade), make sure to do it using the same email address as you originally purchased your license with, so that we know which license to match it up with. If you cannot use that email address anymore, please contact LOR Customer Support, and we'll take care of you.

If you don't want to renew your license (or purchase a license level upgrade or SuperStar license), then you won't be able to use S5, but you will still be able to continue using earlier versions.

Option 1: 
If you have any license level other than Pro and want to increase your level (Say from Basic+ to Standard) you can purchase an UPGRADE. The upgrade not only increases your software level, but also entitles you to updates for 1 year. If you have Basic or Basic+, this is the best value for the money: An upgrade to Basic+ from Basic is $20, while an upgrade from Basic+ to Standard is $30.  With S4, a new license level above Advanced has been added called 'Pro' that you may want to consider as well.
http://store.lightorama.com/s2soup.html 

Option 2: 
If you have Pro, or want to stay at the level you are currently at, purchase a license RENEWAL for $29.95. That will allow you to use any future updates for 1 year. 
http://store.lightorama.com/solire.html 

Option 3: 
If you do not already own a Superstar license, You can purchase the SuperStar add-on, starting at $49.95. When you purchase the Superstar add on, you are also given a complimentary license renewal (the same one you would get if you purchased option 2 above). 
http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html 

Option 4:
If you already own a Superstar license, you can purchase a SuperStar UPGRADE.  When you purchase a Superstar upgrade, you are also given a complimentary license renewal (the same one you would get if you purchased option 2 above). 
http://store.lightorama.com/sustup1.html

MY LICENSE COVERS S5, BUT THE SEQUENCER PUT ME IN DEMO MODE. WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE?
If your license covers S5 (no matter whether it always has or whether you purchased a license renewal), your computer might not know it yet. So, when you install S5, you might find yourself in demo mode.

If this happens, simply reactivate your license (such as through the Sequencer's "Help / Register Light-O-Rama" menu), and it should put you back into Advanced/Pro/(or whatever license level you have).

You might have to stop and start your Light-O-Rama programs after reactivating in order to fully get out of demo mode.

AM I GOING TO HAVE TO PURCHASE A LICENSE RENEWAL EVERY TIME A NEW VERSION COMES OUT?
No. Renewing your license gets you more than just one more version. It means that your license is good for every version that's already out there, plus every future version that will be released within one year of your purchase. And it might be good for some versions beyond that, too.

Also, even if you choose not to renew, that doesn't mean you won't be able to continue using Light-O-Rama. Any version of LOR that your license works for will continue to work. So, for example, if you choose not to renew your license for S5, you will still be able to use any other version your license IS good for.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived