Light-O-Rama Forums

6 weeks left to Lights On for many of us...

Santas Helper

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• rgardner518

• BrownOut

• David Grygierczyk

David Grygierczyk wrote:

Took advantage of the great weather today and set up my 33' mega tree, plus a lot more.

David, I'll be doing the same thing in about two weeks for my 33' tree. I too have a radio tower the same height and adding double the strands so a bucket lift will make it easier for me this year.

Attached files 274002=15139-radio tower.JPG

i have 10 more trees to make then start putting up lights all sequences are done for now time is flying by cant start putting up light intell after halloween have a desplay running now

jstorms wrote:

30 days away from lighting.

oh goody...that gives me two days per sequence!!

and here I was thinking I didn't have enough time to do everything!!! :P

After Halloween, I will slowly start getting things put up. During the week I will start getting my mini trees wrapped, and finish the wreath. Then, when the good weather allows, I will start putting lights on the house ie, icicles, wreath, fence.. But everything that goes in the lawn will have to wait til the weekend before Thanksgiving.
Excited? yes! Nervous? yes!!!!!! Ready? Almost!

I started putting my lights up. Started with the icicle lights.
My issue is time. If I had an entire day without interruptions, I could probably get it completed in one day.
As it is, I only get an hour, maybe 2 here and there.

You should have seen the looks I got from the folks that walked/drove by.....LOL
I need to get a video camera out and start posting them.

Jim Saul wrote:

Gulp!
I've got the cherry picker coming on Sat hope to be at least 1/2 way done by Sunday night.

Can I ask ... what does it cost to rent a cherry picker or do you have a friend in the business !?

Dave

RaceMedic wrote:

Jim Saul wrote:
Gulp!
I've got the cherry picker coming on Sat hope to be at least 1/2 way done by Sunday night.

Can I ask ... what does it cost to rent a cherry picker or do you have a friend in the business !?

Dave

I know you didn't ask me but will chime in on your question. Around my area they go for $160 to $200 per day. If I rent it late on Friday, I can bring it back on Monday morning for one day charge. Expensive I know but saves a lot of time and leg work.

Guest Don Gillespie

Santas Helper wrote:

RaceMedic wrote:
Jim Saul wrote:
Gulp!

Dave

I know you didn't ask me but will chime in on your question. Around my area they go for $160 to $200 per day. If I rent it late on Friday, I can bring it back on Monday morning for one day charge. Expensive I know but saves a lot of time and leg work.

I wished it cost this much in Medicine Hat a typical rental can go as high as 600 bucks plus insurance thats for a 1 day rental then they have the transport fee 125 each way so add another 250 on top of the 600 and insurance, what they want is to have you rent by the week or the month a typical week will run or month goes for around 800 plus transport fees good thing I have a buddy that lets me use his I could have bought a 60 foot boom for around $60,000.00 but ladders work just as well

Fortunately for me, it does not cost me anything to use the 40' manlift I use/used. It belongs to a friend of mine so it is available anytime I ask for it.

jimswinder wrote:

jstorms wrote:
30 days away from lighting.

oh goody...that gives me two days per sequence!!
you have 2 days per sequence :D
and here I was thinking I didn't have enough time to do everything!!! :P

I time is ticking away if I do decide to use every song I was planning on it gives me approxmitly 21 hours and 2 minutes per song as of 12 24 am and that is if I work on it non stop

I will probably only do about 15 of the songs since most of them are just about done

Hopelessly behind..work and life getting in the way. Hoping a 4 day weekend next week allows me some catch-up time.

I know exactly what I have to get done, its just finding time to do it.

DonFL wrote:

Hoping a 4 day weekend next week allows me some catch-up time.

I know exactly what I have to get done, its just finding time to do it.

I'm in the same boat with the 4 dayer to catch-up.