Light-O-Rama Forums

6 weeks left to Lights On for many of us...

Santas Helper

If you're turning on lights Thanksgiving evening like I am, we have 6 weeks.

Time is flying by fast now with set up around the corner. Got my 33' mega tree strands addition of red and white LEDs done. Adding some light poles to the house. Need to work on some new ext cords and start breaking out controllers for their annual test run. Plus a couple other test projects (they seem to come out of no where too).

How are you doing?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• rgardner518

• BrownOut

• David Grygierczyk

I am pretty much ready waiting for my last controller to show up,I will start all hands on set up november 1. I can't believe how fast this year has gone:shock:

Jim Saul wrote:

Gulp!
I've got the cherry picker coming on Sat hope to be at least 1/2 way done by Sunday night.

Jim,

I have one coming in two weeks. I might need to bump that earlier now that I think about it.

I'm about 75% finished fixing the display elements that I hurt last year. Reinforcing the items that rushed into service so they'll hold up stronger this time. Overall, I'm in pretty good shape for throwing the switch.

I'm by no means ready and when I looked at the calendar, I just about sh!t.

As mentioned already, some long nights coming, especially if I dont plan out the next several weekends.

Not quite ready yet, made alot of progress this past week. It is also alot shorter for me, was told I was being sent out of town for work the week of Thanksgiving so I am actually a week short. Should make it though depending how the weather is this weekend.

shfr26 wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Not even close to being ready... gonna be some long nights between now and then.

Ditto!

Double Ditto. Spent a lot of time on CCB layouts.

Well, it may be 6 weeks before the lights come on, but that does not motivate me to set up quicker, but knowing that it is getting cooler & cooler outside & that it can snow at anytime really helps me to get done a bit quicker.

I have my "Fan" set up, my "Spiral Tree" set up, and 3 controllers out so far. The matrix is very close to completion (poles are done now but I am working on the sleeves for the poles). The lights are on the house & bushes.

I will drag my sections of "Mini Trees" from the garage after Halloween and plug them in, and the 4 arches will be up after Halloween as well & plugged in.

I hope to put up the other 12 controllers this weekend.

Getting there... all I need to do is figure out where to put my 2 CCRs, run new extension cords (as I'm going from 32 to 48 channels this year), put up all the lights, and sequence all my music.

Aka - haven't even started.

Seriously, though... big mistake on my part, I'm waiting on S3 because I don't want to learn how to sequence the CCRs in S2, only to have S3 come out the next day. Since it's been reported on being released this week, I'll have to make a decision this weekend if I keep waiting, or move forward with S2

Worst case: 2011 is 2010's show all over again.

Guest Don Gillespie

This is the weekend I start with all my roof work, can not get caught with snow on the roof becuase there is no way to walk on it once it snows (metal roof) after the roof work is done the rest is basically ground work which is easy ( I sit inside and tap on the window to point out to my wife where the lights have to go). :D hope she doesn't see this post she will want to trade me positions. but like George and Pete some long nights ahead.

Don Gillespie wrote:

This is the weekend I start with all my roof work, can not get caught with snow on the roof becuase there is no way to walk on it once it snows (metal roof) after the roof work is done the rest is basically ground work which is easy ( I sit inside and tap on the window to point out to my wife where the lights have to go). :Phope she doesn't see this post she will want to trade me positions. but like George and Pete some long nights ahead.

Too late Don, I just sent her an email.:)

Scaling things down this year so I'm not feeling the squeeze as much as the past 3 years. Figure I'll get the roof lights set this weekend(or next week if it rains like it's supposed to). And then I'll work on the house after Halloween.

Only doing a few light elements in the yard this year due to us wanting to use all our blowups. That and the traffic kicked our butt last year so we figure an off year will do us some good. :P

ItsMeBobO wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
George Simmons wrote:
Not even close to being ready... gonna be some long nights between now and then.

Ditto!

Double Ditto. Spent a lot of time on CCB layouts.

TRIPLE DITTO!!!

Had too many on-the-side remodeling projects for other people this summer (2 homes remodeled, one roof removed and replaced, two story house repainted)...but it's "full steam ahead" now.