Light-O-Rama Forums

'think they'd let me?

TJ Hvasta

Maintenance is modding our Airbuses with LED position lights on the wingtips and tail... wonder if they'd let me sequence them to music.. whaddayathink? What songs could I sequence them to? "Sky Pilot" comes to mind.. Tom Petty's "Learning To Fly"..

Jus' red an' green.. oh, and white on the tail.. wish we had blue.. well, we got blue juice, but it gets messy if electrified..

It'd be easy too.. I could run them with a single CTB-8 I think..

Attached files 255497=14026-LED_Wingtips.jpg

I noticed those a few months ago while walking around. All of our UAL 319/320's are converting as well.

That would be awesome. The Anti-Collision lights are strobes (red, and white). No issues there.

So I don't see why the navigation lights on the wing tips and tail, shouldn't be allowed to blink....hehe

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Maintenance is modding our Airbuses with LED position lights on the wingtips and tail... wonder if they'd let me sequence them to music.. whaddayathink? What songs could I sequence them to? "Sky Pilot" comes to mind.. Tom Petty's "Learning To Fly"..

Jus' red an' green.. oh, and white on the tail.. wish we had blue.. well, we got blue juice, but it gets messy if electrified..

It'd be easy too.. I could run them with a single CTB-8 I think..

I'm thinking "Danger Zone" (Kenny Loggins, Top Gun)

D.T.

keeping with the Aeronautical theme AND Christmas...it needs to be Snoopy's Christmas (Snoopy Vs The Red Baron by The Royal Guardsmen):

Don.. JeffersonAirplane.. that's funny! I like Snoopy idea too! I forgot to mention the icicles.. tho I try not to leave those up... =)

obrienszoo wrote:

I noticed those a few months ago while walking around.  All of our UAL 319/320's are converting as well.

Welcome to the Madness 'mate! I saw this was yer first post, im honored! Which base? How long at the Big U? How are ya fariring with CAL Integration? I can tell you how NOT to do it!! LOL

jimswinder wrote:

keeping with the Aeronautical theme AND Christmas...it needs to be Snoopy's Christmas (Snoopy Vs The Red Baron by The Royal Guardsmen):

A true classic..on my song list this year..:P

DonFL wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

A true classic..on my song list this year..:P

after posting I also thought of adding it.... :cool:

DownTown wrote:

I'm thinking "Danger Zone" (Kenny Loggins, Top Gun)

"Fire and Rain" (or maybe the modified lyrics he sung on "The Simpsons")