Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 and Superstar Seq

Ralph A

I see that S3 will be here soon. If all goes well and if what I reading is correct. By the end of the month. I can't wait it looks so awesome!!! I have read that is will cost $20.00 to upgrade if you have had your S2 for more than one year. Thats a great deal for what we will be getting.

My question is this, Has anyone heard if the Superstar seq is included with this upgrade or will there be an additional fee for the Superstar seq, and if so how much will that be?

By the way great job to all those hard working tech guys @ LOR I love what your doing!!!

Ralph

I've heard a couple different figures for the Superstar part so I'd recommend waiting for the official word, but it sounds like there will definitely be a separate upgrade charge for those who want the Superstar Wizard. I'd also advise you to consider a membership in the "I'll Believe It When I See It" club. It is, after all, software, you know...

During the Expo, Dan mentioned the price for the SuperStar Software Editor would be about $60. This is an unofficial number, and could change.

Current owners of the SSE, however, would not be charged again.

james campbell wrote:

is superstar geared more towards ccb and ccr users?

Yes! That's exactly what it's for.

Donny M. Carter wrote:

james campbell wrote:
is superstar geared more towards ccb and ccr users?

Yes! That's exactly what it's for.

none of that stuff for me this year,but I really like the ccbs maybe next year

Since the second I saw the CCB's I knew my whole display would be changed over to CCB's. I may have to run several different networks, but I will have many many CCB strings!:P

Thanks Don. That was what I was thinking but not sure.

George, George, George. Yes, I am a member of that club. However I am hopeful for the best. See it all depends which side of your brain your using, as to the outcome. Right or left!!

I purchased 12 CCR's from last summers sale, and then I got Brian's software to power it. I had to buy SSL Blackbird that was the price of 2 CCR's (on sale) I have to say Brian was great on helping me get the system working and my 2010 light show was all wrapped around the CCR's.

I don't think of the cost of the software I think of the 1000's of hours of programming it took to create and the endless hours of the "How do I do this..." replying to emails. Brian and I talked on the phone for over 90 minutes on a Saturday night (Thanksgiving weekend I believe) trouble shooting a problem that ended up being a faulty CCR controller, which Dan replaced without hesitation

I am completley satisfied with LOR and their team, And Brian, which me being a SSL customer. I know that SSLOR will make an excellent 2011 light show...with a little sequencing of course

I would still like to have the ability to add a simple gif to the SSL template to create an easy animation. I've asked this many times...And I was told why it can't be done or why it shouldn't be done...but I still want it to be tried

Brian last year wanted to get some videos of the CCR's in circles and put out a request if anyone could help.

Well I came to his rescue and built 4 CCR circles, Brian came over several times to my house in November to make videos and I also used the CCR circles in my 2010 Christmas display. Most of my sequencing was done using the "Instant Sequence" Mode" Brian furnished one sequence for me using one of my songs

Checkout my 2010 videos http://www.vimeo.com/dennischerry and also on the http://superstarlights.com/Sequences/Videos.htm website.

PMC wrote:

Brian took down his superstarlights.com webpage

What Don said below... lol

Thats weird, on my home computer I get this page that says cannot connect, but I logged into my work computer and the web site works...

and I tried pinging his websites IP and it says General Failure

So I did a trace route on my local machine and his website was being blocked by MalwareBytes (my anti-spyware), I disabled it and I was able to go to superstarlights.com

as Chief Inspector Clouseau would say....The case is solvid

;)

• 1 month later...

I can't get to it either, my company's proxy blocks it. What exactly is superstar and can I use it with regular LOR equipment and standard lights?

dkoehler42 wrote:

I can't get to it either, my company's proxy blocks it. What exactly is superstar and can I use it with regular LOR equipment and standard lights?

SuperStar software was developed by Brian Bruder to help sequence multiple CCR's.

Example here:

Yes, it works with LOR Equipment, as LOR bought Brian's Software and hired Brian to work with LOR to incorporate it in the next release of LOR Software..which will be S3.

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

dkoehler42 wrote:

SuperStar software was developed by Brian Bruder to help sequence multiple CCR's.

Example here:

Yes, it works with LOR Equipment, as LOR bought Brian's Software and hired Brian to work with LOR to incorporate it in the next release of LOR Software..which will be S3.

Unfreakin beleivable why would you put anything else out in your yard that is clean and to the point I am truly impressed. wait till wifey sees these might be a whole new display next year.

Don Gillespie wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Example here:

Unfreakin beleivable why would you put anything else out in your yard that is clean and to the point I am truly impressed. wait till wifey sees these might be a whole new display next year.

did you view his circles too?

NEXT YEAR???

Next year they will be obsolete... LOL