Light-O-Rama Forums

superstar

Scott Keon

will superstar do anything for shows without RGB leds. currently I use only regular incandescence and leds. some props are 3 or 4 color.

Scott Keon wrote:

will superstar do anything for shows without RGB leds. currently I use only regular incandescence and leds. some props are 3 or 4 color.

Superstar was made for use with LOR's CCRs.

I doubt it will be of any use without RGBs.

• 1 month later...

I have been able to modify my software to support non-RGB strings now. It was just released to beta users yesterday (8/23/2011). It is a different approach to sequencing that will take some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it I think you will find it faster to create sequences and faster to modify them.

I was playing with it today using the Instant Sequence feature. I plan to make more modifications to make it better, but even right now I can make some pretty cool sequences on standard light strings using the Instant Sequence feature.

-Brian Bruderer

BrianBruderer wrote:

I have been able to modify my software to support non-RGB strings now.

but even right now I can make some pretty cool sequences on standard light strings using the Instant Sequence feature.

-Brian Bruderer

Straight from THE CREATOR
Thanks SO much for your efforts. Was awaiting to see how much your software was going to be incorporated with S3. May have to get the Superstar as well when it's all ready! Can't wait to play with new toys! Now, if only I can get this RGB "Dream" strip to do tricks with LOR!

BrianBruderer wrote:

It was just released to beta users yesterday (8/23/2011).

I wonder if this is an indication that S3 might still take a while to be released.

I can't make any statements on when S3 will be released, but don't judge that by the status of the SuperStar software. I have been late getting this feature in, and have never announced it before now because I couldn't guarantee it to be done in time this year.
Also, I do not expect the state of the SuperStar software to drive the release of S3 in general. The Visualizer and Sequence Editor have been in beta for some time and I expect they will drive the general release of S3.

-Brian Bruderer

BrianBruderer wrote:

I can't make any statements on when S3 will be released, but don't judge that by the status of the SuperStar software. I have been late getting this feature in, and have never announced it before now because I couldn't guarantee it to be done in time this year.
Also, I do not expect the state of the SuperStar software to drive the release of S3 in general. The Visualizer and Sequence Editor have been in beta for some time and I expect they will drive the general release of S3.

-Brian Bruderer

DANG!!!

Guess I won't be buying those 25 sets 0f 100ct CCB's this year then...

Won't be any good to me without your software...

jimswinder wrote:

BrianBruderer wrote:

-Brian Bruderer

DANG!!!

Guess I won't be buying those 25 sets 0f 100ct CCB's this year then...

Won't be any good to me without your software...

You wont be buying them anyway if they are not offered for sale. :D:shock:

Uhmm, you may have misinterpreted what I said. The CCR mode of the SuperStar Software works the same as it always has. For that reason, there is no reason to hold up the S3 release for any new features that are being developed in the SuperStar Software.

Using the CCR mode of the SuperStar Software you can also sequence CCBs since the CCB controllers are sequenced the same as CCR controllers.

Also, when importing a visualization file into the SuperStar Software, you can have CCRs be part of the Visualization, and the SuperStar software will sequence both your CCRs and your non-RGB lights.

BrianBruderer wrote:

Uhmm, you may have misinterpreted what I said. The CCR mode of the SuperStar Software works the same as it always has. For that reason, there is no reason to hold up the S3 release for any new features that are being developed in the SuperStar Software.

So is that a YES, that the SuperStar software will be made available when S3 is released?

except for the feature you are currently working on?

Yes, the SuperStar Software will be released with the S3 Software. It will contain the CCR mode as it always has, and it will have the Visualization Import feature also.

BrianBruderer wrote:

Yes, the SuperStar Software will be released with the S3 Software. It will contain the CCR mode as it always has, and it will have the Visualization Import feature also.

good to know Brian, thanks!!

and a BIG THANKS for your part of the software!!!! :P

Note To Self:

I DO have to work some OT to get those CCB's!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Please help me to understand.

Will the SuperStar Editor be incorporated into S3 as a module, or will it be still a Stand Alone Product where you program and then run a Sub Sequence in LOR.

Ron.

Good question. The SuperStar module will be available as part of the S3 release at an extra cost. It will still create sequences by exporting them as a file that the LOR Sequence Editor can play. You can play it stand alone, or as a subsequence, or you can use the Paint Sequence feature in the S3 LOR Sequence Editor to place the sequence into your main sequence.

-Brian Bruderer

• 4 weeks later...

I have already started my Christmas sequences because I can't wait for S3 and SSL to be released or I will run out of time. As soon as I get S3 and SSL I will start working on my 10 CCR's.

Question: Once I have finished programming my SSL CCR sequences will the program export the data directly into my existing file that I already have completed for all of the standard controllers or will it send the data to a seperate file that I will have to manually cut and paste from one to the other and set up all the ccr channels? Please tell me it will be easier than that.

Thanks
Stephen Walker

A CCR sequence that your write in the SuperStar software can be exported to a file that the LOR Sequence Editor can read. You can play it stand alone, or there are 3 ways to get it into your main sequence.
1) Play the file as a subsequence to your main sequence.
2) Use the Paint Sequence feature that is in the S3 LOR sequence editor
3) Manually cut and paste

• 2 weeks later...

Brian
purchased the full upgrade to 24 ccr's and was checking out how to get a CCR sequence into an existing LOR sequence.
when I investigated the cut/paste and the paint sequence methods it assumes there is already a channel configuration setup in your existing sequence to paste or paint it to.

I tried to go to my new sequence and set up the chanels myself but when I use add device - cosmic color device. it formats the ccr channels completely different than SSL.

Is there an easy solution?

srwmemphis wrote:

Brian
purchased the full upgrade to 24 ccr's and was checking out how to get a CCR sequence into an existing LOR sequence.
when I investigated the cut/paste and the paint sequence methods it assumes there is already a channel configuration setup in your existing sequence to paste or paint it to.

I tried to go to my new sequence and set up the chanels myself but when I use add device - cosmic color device. it formats the ccr channels completely different than SSL.

Is there an easy solution?

Good question. After creating an RGB channel, right click on the button for that channel and select "Degroup" and you should then be able to copy/paste or use Paint Sequence.

Ok This is starting to make since to my little pea brain.

I inserted my 10 ccr devices and then degrouped. When I look at them in the channel configuration I see channels 1-157 for each ccr. That makes sence to me.

When I export from SSL and look at the chanel configuration I get two copies of each channel for every ccr but one copy is layed out as individual channels and the other is set up as RGB. I assume by what you are telling me that you do not need both or am I way off base?

Actually after looking at it closer, the RGB copy does not include channels 151-157 so I can't do a copy from the exported version to my existing sequence and get everything.