Light-O-Rama Forums

Mid-Season Blues

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

I've been drafted to write an essay about the fire that has been in their words, "Out of control."

So the mid-season blues have hit the LOR bulletin board kind of late. This usually happens in the February-April time frame. Everyone is finished with the season and can't really get outside to do some work around the house or add new things to the display because of the bad weather or cold temperatures.

Well, it seems that several threads have kindled the fire a little too high for some. All of them have been in goodness and lite of a new version of software being released soon. No actual software or demo has been released to the general public or beta testers as I know of. The features, video, and other things about it were not true at the time until Dan let us in on the secrets of S3. But, some didn't get the joke though. Instead they got very offended and decided to leave the bulletin board.

Now, I have no problem of speaking my mind anytime whether it be in person or on the internet. I think it was childish to publicly cry wolf and take the low road because of a little joke. Maybe, some need to lighten up a little, grow thicker skin, or just hit the ignore button on the board. Everything will be much better if that happened!

Dan has set-up this forum for support of Light-O-Rama products. I know for a fact that they are working overtime to get everything ready for the expo which has limited his time here. So, in lite of his absence, he expects everyone to act like adults including those under 18! :D

So... in closing, LOR wants us to have fun, joke around, and do some decorating. If you don't believe what's being posted in a thread, do a little research to find the truth. And by doing that research, you'll understand LOR products much better in the long run. We don't mind helping when help is needed. But, laziness in this hobby will get "NO" respect from the veteran's here. Remember, it was a vet that started the entire S3 thing.

Let's look forward to the release of S3 and the new hardware slated for this year. It should make your display have the WOW factor!

Disclaimer: If this ticked you off in anyway, press the ignore button and I will go away. :D

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank Picozzi

• Dan Ancona

• George Simmons

• jimswinder

Wait, you and I agree on something?

All kidding aside, I agree with William. Everyone here gets along with each other (most of the time) and while some of of the jokes, etc., are a bit over the top for me, I sit back knowing the people here are good people.

If I had one request, it would be this. If someone doesn't want to be a part of the jokes, etc., let's not draw them into it. This way those that want to goof around can, and those that don't aren't 'made fun of' or something like that. Overall, I think, it would lead to an even better forum atmosphere.

(And my disclaimer: Okay, I have no disclaimer.)

Guest wbottomley

Right Don.... but, don't open the door, because I will walk in and tear the house down. :D

Step up to the plate if you can play the game. If not, go home and read a book (not meant towards you Don).

EDIT: I'm not trying to be an admin here. I'm trying to shed off all of the bulletin board headaches.

As a fellow "arsonist" I agree that some thicker skin might be a good idea every now and then. But I also know that's easier said than done for a lot of people.

I agree with both Bill and Don, mostly. But a joke is a joke. Some people fall for them, others don't. It's what makes jokes funny. Going fishing isn't much fun if you don't catch something, is it? It's too bad that some people take things too seriously. It's too bad that some people make fools of themselves. But that's life and that's the way it is.

Act like adults? That's asking a lot from people who never quite grew up, now, isn't it? If we all acted like adults this forum probably wouldn't exist and LOR would probably be a fringe company in the industrial lighting business or something. Maybe someone needs to invent a place where adults can hang out without having to worry about offending someone's sensibilities.

Guest wbottomley

George Simmons wrote:

Maybe someone needs to invent a place where adults can hang out without having to worry about offending someone's sensibilities.

That's coming. :D

I've been looking into that for a couple of weeks.

wbottomley wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Maybe someone needs to invent a place where adults can hang out without having to worry about offending someone's sensibilities.

That's coming. :D

I've been looking into that for a couple of weeks.

There's a joke in there somewhere, I just cant put my finger on it..

Arnoldc wrote:

Sometimes a rant is just a rant.

Like someone said, "I'm either being helpful or sarcastic". And I didn't see anyone needing any help...

I think Uncle Willie is mostly just agitating for the release of S3 and the CCBs.

Guest wbottomley

George Simmons wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:

Sometimes a rant is just a rant.

Like someone said, "I'm either being helpful or sarcastic".  And I didn't see anyone needing any help...

I think Uncle Willie is mostly just agitating for the release of S3 and the CCBs.

+1 for George. :D

wbottomley wrote:

I've been drafted to write an essay about the fire that has been in their words, "Out of control."

Isn't this like asking the fox to watch the hen house?!?!?!? :P

jimswinder wrote:

It is a perfectly vicious little circle, isn't it?

George Simmons wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

It is a perfectly vicious little circle, isn't it?

So true.....

Jeff Millard wrote:

We are a twisted, bizarre family of extremely intelligent people.

Somehow you make that sound so noble...

I'm honored...

Jeff Millard wrote:

well..at least I have two of those three attributes!!!! :P

For what it's worth, heres my 2 cents...

you don't have to go a long ways to get humor,
because humor goes a long ways...

cheesy but true

jimswinder wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:

well..at least I have two of those three attributes!!!! :P

I can confirm that for Jim.

jimswinder wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:

well..at least I have two of those three attributes!!!!  :P

I wouldn't go THAT far!

Arnoldc wrote:

I wouldn't go THAT far!

I don't know... meeting him in person Jim makes a pretty compelling case...

George Simmons wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
I wouldn't go THAT far!

I don't know... meeting him in person Jim makes a pretty compelling case...

Who is this and what have you done with George?!??!