Light-O-Rama Forums

Bad Requests..Error 400

Guest guest

wbottomley wrote:

john fulkerson wrote:
try ie 9 it better

That can't happen on Win XP unless someone can tell me a way to do it. But, my preference is Chrome.

IE9 is having problems with this also that is the platform of IE I am running. Honestly alot of the problems I am having is alot like what was going on over at Christmas Carolina.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Don

• Nurples

• Surfing4Dough

After much consultation, we have been able to determine that this is not an error with the message board software, nor anything related to the infrastructure (servers, etc.) of the message board's provider.

Seems there is something else causing the issue. We believe we have pinpointed the cause of the problem, and are attempting to get it resolved.

How ironic...got an email pointing to this post this morning (at 6:04 am Pacific Time) and when I clicked on the link, got the "400-Bad Request" Message":

(and I use Mozilla Firefox)

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=26686&forum_id=81&jump_to=249211#p24921

William is correct. The source of the problem is believed to be a DNS issue.

Seems that the DNS hosting for the lightorama.com domain would serve up the wrong address for about 10 minutes at a time. So, while you were trying to the forums.lightorama.com webspace, you were actually hitting another website. This is what was causing the "400" errors you were seeing.

The DNS provider was contacted late last week/early this week, and they say that have 'reloaded' (their words) the DNS entries for the lightorama.com domain. This should fix the problem. (And, emphasis on *should*)

LORAdmin wrote:

The DNS provider was contacted late last week/early this week, and they say that have 'reloaded' (their words) the DNS entries for the lightorama.com domain. This should fix the problem. (And, emphasis on *should*)

When? becasue I got another 400 Bad Request error last night (Wednesday 6/22)...

Guest wbottomley

jimswinder wrote:

LORAdmin wrote:

When?  becasue I got another 400 Bad Request error last night (Wednesday 6/22)...

It can take up to 48 hours to replicate across the entire internet.

Got yet another 400 - Bad Request error tonight, 6/23/11 at 5:33pm Pacific Time

jimswinder wrote:

I would imagine you have something wrong on your end. External testing has shown no errors since 2011-06-21 @ 23:14:01 GMT.

LORAdmin wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

I would imagine you have something wrong on your end. External testing has shown no errors since 2011-06-21 @ 23:14:01 GMT.

any idea what that would be? and why would it be so sporadic?

jimswinder wrote:

LORAdmin wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

any idea what that would be? and why would it be so sporadic?

The internet doesn't like you...once in awhile...:D

Give it a couple days..lots of moving parts for the correct information to make its way thru the ether.

I've been free of the issue for several days...and when I first posted, was getting hammered by it.

If no further reports of issues by mid-week next week, then I'll be convinced its fixed...

TGabriel wrote:

Jim I think you caught a virus while you were in Jersey

lol...I actually did catch a very bad cold Saturday Night (6/11)..I think I am just about over it...

That's why I wasn't there on Sunday to help clean up...

jimswinder wrote:

TGabriel wrote:
Jim I think you caught a virus while you were in Jersey

lol...I actually did catch a very bad cold Saturday Night (6/11)..I think I am just about over it...

That's why I wasn't there on Sunday to help clean up...

Im sure you had your own "mess" to clean up! :D
And Ill stop there with that one! lol

If your still having issues, try the following.

-- Close all web browsers

-- Open a DOS window (Start > Run > CMD)

-- Type: ipconfig /flushdns

After doing this open your browser and go back to the forums. Your browser will pull the latest DNS information for the forums. This "Should" solve your problems as long as the problem is actually fixed. If you continue to have issues, then there is still soemthing wrong somewhere.

shfr26 wrote:

I got the errror at 615 this A.M. EST

External testing did not detect an error during this time.

Please check your settings. See previous posts by other forum members for ideas.

LORAdmin wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
I got the errror at 615 this A.M. EST

External testing did not detect an error during this time.

Please check your settings. See previous posts by other forum members for ideas.

What "settings" are we supposed to be checking?

I would imagine that all of us still getting this error has not changed any of our "settings"...