Light-O-Rama Forums

Voice sync software

ItsMeBobO

Thanks and you are welcome.
The top of the hot list has a how to video for Papagayo. Hope to have it in the next few days.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItsMeBobO

• Dan C

• robin1373

• jimswinder

Hoping to get at least one singing character for my display. Probably get a Santa for the first one. But that's still a litte way off for the moment.

Also got to decide if I want a wire frame or coro type.

Ok maybe I am being a little dense here, maybe some of you that have done a little of this could explain where I might be going wrong.

I have broken the song down into a couple of chunks as suggested.

First I think my chunks may still be to large, (1 min) and they start in the wrong place since there is leading instrumentals. and they seem to jumble when I try to move them.

What size chunks are you breaking this down into, and are you only loading the lyrics for that chunk? Now that leads me to another question and I may be thinking too far ahead here. Do the chunks have to get put back together to run through the converter or just copy and paste the chunks to SE? It seems to me that working in a several second chunk at a time might be better than 30 seconds to a minute.

Lastly is it ok for me to cut the leading intrumental off the wav of chunk 1 of the file when I import it. I find very annoying to hit play and have no way to bypass the intro.

Orville wrote:

Hoping to get at least one singing character for my display. Probably get a Santa for the first one. But that's still a litte way off for the moment.

Also got to decide if I want a wire frame or coro type.

I made my first pvc frame yesterday a 6 footer. I have enough pipe on hand to make the other two 6' backup faces. Still need more material for the 8' main and the fencing. Gonna check lowes and tractor supply for that.

Maybe I will run into you getting supplies. LOL we are gonna have to get together at some point and pool creative resources :)

Bob has supplied a number of free utilities for one and all to use. In most cases they are utilities that Bob build for himself and then shared. However in this case the utility was was made because of a request as Bob does not have moving mouths in his display. A wonderful gesture on Bob's part.

Now I just deleted a bunch of posts where Bob was asked if this utility expires. In other threads this question has been discussed because it appears that most if not all of Bob's utilities have an expiration date. BUT most importantly it was made apparent that this was a question that Bob does not want to discuss.

At least some of the people who placed the posts in this thread asking about expiration were totally aware of the sensitivity of this subject and I can see no reason to ask the question here except to start trouble. This is a free utility. If you want to use it, download it and use it. If you are concerned about it expiring then use it, use it, get done with it and then the question becomes moot.

Bob's software page says all utilities have an expiration date. To make things perfectly clear, any further discussion on the subject of expiration will be considered a direct attempt to cause trouble in the forums so do not do it!

Dan

dito wrote:

does papagayo only read .wav files? i can't get my mp3's to load...?

Ive only been able to push in Wav files. Ive been messing with it heavily over the last week and this is a a tad more complicated than I originally thought into. It will create the movements, and fluid, it will out put them for LOR which is rather easy once you paste by time, not by cell I learned that the hard way.

When you start working on the movements it places them as 1 solid sentance of words, so you have to adjust for pauses and spaces. My tip to anyone trying this out is start from the end of the song and work backwards when moving the words into place. Also you adjust the length of the movements. If the singer hangs on the lyric you adjust the word longer or shorter. Once I get more fluid in it, I will be making a video to help out Bob.

This tool is awesome, free, and Bob does great work. He has helped me 20 times in the past week getting me on track to make this program work for me. Anyone that can do this and supply it for free, just like Sean and his pixel trees should be thanked from time to time. You may not see it necessary because its free, but that 1 second it takes to say thank you will last quite some time to them.

Wav files only. suggest you do small pieces of the song. 1 or 2 phrases at a time. Use a music editor and cut the part of the song before and after the phrase you are working on then save the work piece. Import the saved section into Papaguyo.
Very IMPORTANT.
Setr the beginnng and end of the phrase before fixing the individual words. If you move the beginning or end of the phrase, everything in the middle will change. Double clink on the green bar with the phrase. This will play the entire phrase, use this to set the beginning and end.
Double clicking on the individual words will play the section the word currently covers.
Start from the beginning of the phrase. Set the words beginning and end to match the song (If you make the word cover a little extra you can back the end up to make sure you have all of the word, and make the word cover a little extra at the end to allow you to back to the actual end of the word).
Move the individual words (front to end) one at a time until you have each word correct. you drag to expand the area covered or shorten (double click on each word to verify it matches the music).
When done Export and load with Bob's translater (make sure you have the proper mouth sequences when you do the word conversion and in Bobs translater).
Load the translation and export to LOR clipboard. Select the correct clipboard in LOR and paste in the proper place.
IT'S THAT EASY ( :cool: )
On the the next phrase and so forth until done.

jerrymac wrote:

Wav files only. suggest you do small pieces of the song. 1 or 2 phrases at a time. Use a music editor and cut the part of the song before and after the phrase you are working on then save the work piece. Import the saved section into Papaguyo.
Very IMPORTANT.
Setr the beginnng and end of the phrase before fixing the individual words. If you move the beginning or end of the phrase, everything in the middle will change. Double clink on the green bar with the phrase. This will play the entire phrase, use this to set the beginning and end.
Double clicking on the individual words will play the section the word currently covers.
Start from the beginning of the phrase. Set the words beginning and end to match the song (If you make the word cover a little extra you can back the end up to make sure you have all of the word, and make the word cover a little extra at the end to allow you to back to the actual end of the word).
Move the individual words (front to end) one at a time until you have each word correct. you drag to expand the area covered or shorten (double click on each word to verify it matches the music).
When done Export and load with Bob's translater (make sure you have the proper mouth sequences when you do the word conversion and in Bobs translater).
Load the translation and export to LOR clipboard. Select the correct clipboard in LOR and paste in the proper place.

Didnt know double clicking would replay only that part or word. Thank you for that!

GoofyGuy wrote:

jerrymac wrote:
Very IMPORTANT.

Didnt know double clicking would replay only that part or word. Thank you for that!
Yes that really help get the lip movement almost spot on.

Don't forget you have to use 25 frames per second or the lip movement will start lagging the voices in your sequence.

Dennis Cherry wrote:

GoofyGuy wrote:
jerrymac wrote:
Very IMPORTANT.

Yes that really help get the lip movement almost spot on.

Don't forget you have to use 25 frames per second or the lip movement will start lagging the voices in your sequence.

Ive been clicking dragging over and over and over to make it line up. Now it will go super fast. Im a dolt.

• 4 months later...
Select the correct clipboard in LOR and paste in the proper place.

Where? How? I exported it to the clipboard folder under the main light-o-rama folder. I also exported to the clipboard folder under superstar. Those have a different extension that what is exported. I don't know how to get my clipboard opened using the sequence editor. I'm currently running version 3.0.2 advanced. I've never used this option before so maybe I'm missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Where? How? I exported it to the clipboard folder under the main light-o-rama folder. I also exported to the clipboard folder under superstar. Those have a different extension that what is exported. I don't know how to get my clipboard opened using the sequence editor. I'm currently running version 3.0.2 advanced. I've never used this option before so maybe I'm missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nevermind, I found it. Tool to the very left of the screen.

OK, I am obviously having a senior moment. How do I map the channels in the papagayotolor, I add the appropriate channel/consecutive line number (1-9) to the program but the end product is that it only loads the first line into the clipboard file. any help would be appreciated before I go out in the garage and break something (always ticks off the wife).

--Joe

OK, I am obviously having a senior moment. How do I map the channels in the papagayotolor, I add the appropriate channel/consecutive line number (1-9) to the program but the end product is that it only loads the first line into the clipboard file. any help would be appreciated before I go out in the garage and break something (always ticks off the wife).

--Joe

Here is an example. Each phenome requires 1 or 2 or 3 channels to make its mouth shape. Important.. the number you enter is the relative position. Not the channel number.

In this example the AI needs two channels positions 1 & 2. Which are the first 2 channels in the SE group of channels for the mouth. 1 is the channel you plan to paste the generated clipboard into.

Note that some phenomes have the same channels.. That is because Papagayo does all 10 mouth shapes but our light arrangement has fewer so we make the best substitute we can.

PapaConvert613.jpg

If I am understanding, it is not necessarily a channel number in "Channel 1" but the vertical position in the grid starting at the location horizontal location that you are pasting from. ie..Row 5 is the first row of my sequence (O Mouth), Row 6 is the Bottom Mouth....etc, all of the rows below are the remaining facial features, using this process, I should number the channel O mouth as 1 in chan 1, Row 6 (the Bottom Mouth) would be a 2 Chan 1...etc.

Correct. The picture for each mouth shape is shown while that cell is active. So that is your confirmation that you have the correct values entered.

• 4 weeks later...

thank you, Bob for the free program. It is very kind of you. I have the latest version of LOR installed on my PC. I had to load it again after my last PC crashed. At any rate, I tried to download the Papagayo to LOR software and am getting this error:

"The INI can not be written to mouth folder. This program must close."

Any ideas on troubleshooting?

thank you so much.

-Rich from Wisconsin

You need to give permission to write to your pagagayo folder.

Right click the folder and select properties then security

Then select the user you logged in as. Then edit then full permission.