Light-O-Rama Forums

Voice sync software

ItsMeBobO

I can't wait for this software to be available to us. I have an quite a few applications for it. I believe it will even work with servo positioning. Should be interesting !!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItsMeBobO

• Dan C

• robin1373

• jimswinder

His translator (my description) along with the Papaguyo program are for mouth movements to music.

JHolmes wrote:

I know of a Bust Projection System that can do what you want live.
I bet you could talk to the people who make it and ask them to do one for a talking skull. You're looking at a couple grand though most likely.

That's a little steep for me, I'm in the couple hundred range:D

Dan C wrote:

I hope you are taking these posts as helping you debug your software like a beta testing phase and not criticism in any way.

No problem with me. But I have noticed that a lot of debuging in the forum causes some concern and dampens interest. On this one there is a lot more interest than I expected so that makes up! lol

Dan C wrote:
I tried to paste that clipboard.

Look at the contents of that clipboard with notepad. If there is stuff in there, maybe you are not using the SE clipboard correctly. Be sure the circle radio button for that CB is checked.

Dan C wrote:

He Bob,

I hope you are taking these posts as helping you debug your software like a beta testing phase and not criticism in any way. We all really appreciate your hard work on this!!!

So here is where I'm at.

I've used Papagayo to create a .dat file of an intro.
I then started the Papagayo to LOR software.
I configured my channels to the Phenoms list.
then I loaded the Dat file.
then I clicked on export and it saved a clipboard file out.
Lastly I loaded that clipboard into the sequencer.
then I tried to paste that clipboard.

That's where It stopped working. I didn't past anything. almost as if the clipboard was empty.
no crashes or errors or messages.

Was the paste button grayed out?
The first time I tried it the paste button was grayed out. I went back to the "I've used Papagayo to create a .dat file of an intro" and re-did everything. It worked like a charm the second time around.

One time I did not actually put any channel numbers into any of the boxes in Papagayo to LOR. Nothing was in the clipboard to paste. (Paste button was grayed out)

Status report. No new bugs reported. So no ones cares OR its perfect ! :cool:

In the meanwhile I have written a program which will extract your animation into a file. That was used to make all the Holiday coro faces. Link below picture.
If you want your face made into 10 mouth shapes, send me a exported config file and $5. :)

MouthCompareHCall.jpg

Attached files mouths.zip

ItsMeBobO wrote:

BOB!!!! WE CARE!!!!!

For me...I have not found the time yet to try it out...

sorry...

jimswinder wrote:

ItsMeBobO wrote:

BOB!!!!   WE CARE!!!!!

For me...I have not found the time yet to try it out...

sorry...

YES!!! WE CERTAINLY DO CARE!!!

I did the small 'test' with what the Papaguyo program had in its help files. Your program seemed to work fine. I have spent a few hours trying to figure out papaguyo. It certainly can be a pita, but you warned us. : )

Got you! Mr No, seriously... I'm being sarcastic!
That reminds me of Kirk trying to burn up the computer with illogic.

No money needed. I wanted to do it.

OK, Ok, sorry I kinda got sidetracked. I figured since I had trouble with the paste function, it was just a piece of junk and gave up....

LOL. Yeah right, just kidding. Seriously though, I haven't had a chance to try it out again. I'll try it again tomorrow while I'm at work.

Since you brought up home theater remotes. I have one of these, but haven't used it in a few years. I think the battery is dead. http://www.remotecentral.com/prontopro/index.html
Talk about programming... I had custom buttons and backgrounds for 7 devices. all with 3-4 pages per device. Plus my entire DVD Movie collection with Icons for 300 movies. The Macros were amazing!

I could pickup the remote, Select a movie from my collection. The pre-movie lighting would change via my Lutron Graphik Eye. Then the TV, Receiver, and DVD Changer would all turn on and turn to the correct inputs.
The changer would load the movie, and as it started to play the lights would dim just like in a theater. It was amazing!

(Thread hijack over!)

Am I missing something? does this Papagayo work on MP3's also or only on Wav files? When I load an MP3 the waveforn display is blank and of course the file does not play.

kzaas wrote:

Am I missing something? does this Papagayo work on MP3's also or only on Wav files? When I load an MP3 the waveforn display is blank and of course the file does not play.

You must convert it to .wav first. Papagayo struggles with long sound clips. If you can cut it down into several 1-2 minutes long its much better. Than you get the words from a lyrics site. Paste them into Papagayo.

I'm still having trouble pasting into the sequence.
I checked the clipboard file and it does have info in it.
I then load that clipboard into LOR.
highlight the radio button next to it.
then I go to the first cell in my sequence.
Then go to hit paste and its greyed out.

I also tried to redo everything a second time.

What am I doing wrong? :(

Ok, trying to give as much feedback as I can.
I tried the Flip program on a test seqence.
it worked great! I was able to save the file out,
load it into the sequencer and it pasted just as it should have.

So maybe the problem is with the .dat file that is being created from Papagayo?

Here is a sample of what is in my clipboard file.
does this look correct?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

And here is a sample of the .dat file that papagayo created.

MohoSwitch1
145 MBP
152 E
159 etc
166 AI
173 etc
194 AI
200 etc
207 AI
214 etc
228 AI
235 etc
242 rest
268 rest
269 AI
274 etc
278 AI
283 MBP
288 AI
292 etc
302 AI
307 etc
316 rest
351 rest
352 WQ
358 AI

Jeff Millard wrote:

I was wondering if that was a better way of doing it but thought I was making it more complicated than it was meant to be. I just cut a song up into 30 second clips and it's Soooooooo much easier to manage. Thanls for this tip.

Jeff

I thought about that also, but how easy/difficult is it to get everything pasted into the final sequence in the proper place?

Jeff Millard wrote:

ItsMeBobO wrote:
Papagayo struggles with long sound clips. If you can cut it down into several 1-2 minutes long its much better.

I was wondering if that was a better way of doing it but thought I was making it more complicated than it was meant to be. I just cut a song up into 30 second clips and it's Soooooooo much easier to manage. Thanls for this tip.

Jeff

Ahhh Sensei... When cutting, chopping, slicing or dicing songs are you using Audacity? or just sticking with the trusty sword??? :P