Light-O-Rama Forums

Voice sync software

ItsMeBobO

Hi Bob –
Excited to try this out but I am getting a “Unable to find ‘mouth’ directory” error that won’t allow your program to open. The Papagayo program does have a mouth directory. Did I miss a step somewhere?
- Dave

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItsMeBobO

• Dan C

• robin1373

• jimswinder

Sorry.. I stayed home sick today and I am a little slap happy. Even accidentally went outside in my underwear then 20 feet from the door... ooops!

So you did download papagayo and run it to be sure it comes up? My program is using the mouth files which are installed by it.

http://www.lostmarble.com/papagayo/index.shtml

This is an OLD style program before windows Vista. It expects its data in mouth folder to be under in its own folder. Not in users or documents folder.

I added some message boxes to the begin of the program so it can report its startup findings to you. Obviously this is not occurring on my setup.
Ok we are now on beta 0.9.7 please pick that up. Going through those last few numbers fast today!

I installed your translater to the same directorty as the Papaguyo program (also tried into the maouth directory). I am getting an error "The INI file could not be written to the mouth folder. The program must now close." and quites. Running windows 7

jerrymac wrote:

I installed your translater to the same directorty as the Papaguyo program (also tried into the maouth directory). I am getting an error "The INI file could not be written to the mouth folder. The program must now close." and quites. Running windows 7

Woo hoo! Thanks. This is the changed error trap I put in and new message. So I have a better idea of the problems now.

That message is an existence check of the ini file the program thinks it already created. Interesting that create INI which is before that did not detect the write error, but the file exist check after did not find the file.

This is certainly a windows thing where they are trying to prevent unauthorized access to executable folders. What I think windows is doing is moving the ini to a folder more acceptable to it and more secure. In case anyone cares, I am using INI files on this program so the settings can be shared easily when you share a papagayo voice file.

I am at 'work' right now.. so I cant research it. But I think I can find that folder. In the mean time if you want to do a search of your C: drive for PapagayoToLOR.ini I think you will find it in a roaming/apps folder in your documents and settings.

Another thing to try is to grant all rights to the papagayo folders to all users and then try my program again.
Thanks.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Dan C wrote:
ItsMeBobO wrote:
jerrymac wrote:
Great job.  Can't wait for your translater.  I have been playing with the program to get a handle on it.  (sure wish you could limit playback to the visible screen).

Hold down the left mouse button and slide the pointer back and forth.

Yep, took me a while to figure that out. OH and whatever you do, DON'T HIT THE SPACE BAR!!!! it will reset everything you have done.

The problem button is the ENGLISH button.. It gives you the start points.
Hey guess what..

You can also just double click on a phrase or word that you are trying to align.

ItsMeBobO

Another thing to try is to grant all rights to the papagayo folders to all users and then try my program again.
Thanks.

Tried this still would not open. Tried running as administraitor and got a different window.
Says: Required feature not found "you must have LOR version 2.8 or higher installed on this computer"

I am running windows 7 with LOR version 2.9.4 Advanced installed in the default directories.

Edit.
I got PapagayoToLOR to open by giving all permission to the 'mouths' folder. Before I had given all permissions to the 'papagayo' folder.

Ok good.. continue to run as administrator.

Using regedit you should find ClipboardsPath in
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-RamaShared

And that folder should exist on the drive. If not there is something wrong with your lor setup.

I have uploaded a new version of my program for you to display the values it finds. It will now allow you to optionally continue however you may get stuck somewhere else.

I changed permissions on the Papaguyo folder (and all sub folders) to all users full control. I now get the mouths screen when I run the translater. sucess so far. (if you don't know whow to change permissions, right click the folder and select "edit" then select the radio button for full control, apply or OK.)

Ok, after changing the permissions, its working so far for me too.

Now, How do I know what to set the channels for each Phenom?
Can you include your Holiday Coro configuration?

My mouth by itself consists of 5 channels.

Edit: Never mind, I just compared your image to the phenoms and setup mine basically the same way.

JHolmes wrote:

Can this program work for syncing songs too? Or just talking?

If you mean singing as opposed to talking, then yes...

What would be really cool is if there was a way to use this 'Live'.
So you could talk into a microphone, and have a talking skull that mimics your voice. then when your neighbors walk up you could say there name, and personalize what the skull is saying from somewhere in the background.

rstately wrote:

So you could talk into a microphone, and have a talking skull that mimics your voice. then when your neighbors walk up you could say there name, and personalize what the skull is saying from somewhere in the background.
Hey Bob...something new to work on!!!

I'm sure Bob will have a BETA sometime next week...

jimswinder wrote:

rstately wrote:
Hey Bob...something new to work on!!!

I'm sure Bob will have a BETA sometime next week...

Haha so true! Bob is a beast when it comes to these special apps :P

rstately wrote:

here ya go...

http://www.skyestream.com/YOYAP.htm

jimswinder wrote:

rstately wrote:

here ya go...

http://www.skyestream.com/YOYAP.htm

Not sure this is exactly what he meant...

That's cool Jim, but I would want to control servos with it for a skull.
Fright props makes the pico talk controller, but it didn't look that accurate to the words... it's more of a random mouth moving when there is sound.

I know of a Bust Projection System that can do what you want live.
I bet you could talk to the people who make it and ask them to do one for a talking skull. You're looking at a couple grand though most likely.

He Bob,

I hope you are taking these posts as helping you debug your software like a beta testing phase and not criticism in any way. We all really appreciate your hard work on this!!!

So here is where I'm at.

I've used Papagayo to create a .dat file of an intro.
I then started the Papagayo to LOR software.
I configured my channels to the Phenoms list.
then I loaded the Dat file.
then I clicked on export and it saved a clipboard file out.
Lastly I loaded that clipboard into the sequencer.
then I tried to paste that clipboard.

That's where It stopped working. I didn't past anything. almost as if the clipboard was empty.
no crashes or errors or messages.